Cold?
IGNORED

Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull Volcano

Coast

Posted

what if this was recording of what happened a few days ago,

and we are all sat here like gooseberries.. :lol:

ban the person who posted this April fools cam up..lol

ma..maybe delayed...certainly today ,this evening ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

My browser (Chrome) translates it automatically but even then I can't make a lot of it out!

Ah right.

And reguarding the images being delayed; I don't think they are, Iceland isnt far from the North Pole, at this time of year i wouldn't expect it to go dark till perhaps 11pm GMT.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

This cloud is trying to say "No show here, everyone move on now!" Lol. ;)

Posted

As much as its an amazing spectacle it really needs to stop lobbing all this ash in the air now :lol: PLaces to go, tornadoes to catch and all that ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Ah yes a refresh of the page and it does look much darker! Not a lot to see now.

Posted

Ah well, definitely getting darker now, looks like show over........ until tomorrow morning!

Anyone know what time dawn is there?

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

Just been watching the live webcam for the last ten minutes, and huge volumes of ash are being emitted! The white ash clouds look vivid as it gets dark! I think it starts getting light at around 6am tomorrow morning local time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

That plume is still going strong!

Posted

That plume is still going strong!

Amazing isn't it, I can't stop peering through the gloom at it .Sad no lightning though, would have made a good show in the darkness.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

It seems we have been amusing the Icelanders with our mis-pronunciation of the volcano. (apologies if this has been posted before.)

http://www.dv.is/frettir/2010/4/16/erlendum-frettahaukum-kennt-ad-bera-fram-eyjafjallajokull/

Direct link to You Tube clip:

Amazing how quickly it can be said if you know how to say it! But the main problem is obvious- it's only got 3 syllables in Icelandic, (EYYA-FYATLA-'UHKTL) and the English TV reporters are pronouncing it with as many as 7 (EY-YA-FYAT-LA-YUH-KU-TEL).

Naming that airport "Heathrow" was really, really cruel to the French.

Posted

Is this real? I had misgivings earlier until I saw the date on the vodafone webcam link ?

On the BBC website somewhere had links to that webcam site specifically!

Posted

As for the airports of Manchester, Liverpool and those situated in the area further north, the NATS reported that these aerodromes “might” be operational tomorrow for six hours between 0300 GMT and 0900 GMT.

However, he warned that the situation “is constantly changing.”

The forecasts expect that the ash cloud from a Icelandic volcano return to the north of England at 0900 GMT, according to data from NATS, which suggested that it is unlikely to return to more restrictions apply air.

* Weather forecasters said current conditions were likely to keep the ash cloud over Britain for several days;

* People with severe respiratory conditions were told to stay indoors as the first ash began to fall at ground level, covering cars in northern England;

* Anger grew at the slow response from travel insurers, with some already refusing to cover losses due to the exceptional nature of the eruption;

* Experts predicted shortages of imported fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers and medicines due to the shutdown.

As ash continued to billow from Mount Eyjafjallajokull experts warned 100,000 Britons could be stranded abroad for days or even weeks amid the nightmare of panicky families trying desperately to get home at the end of their Easter break.

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I think we may have been had. Was this footage an entire replay of Tuesday?

The only one thing I (we) have is the vodafone website said today's date, and at 21:00 it was spewing out?

I dunno

Just mentioned on CNN reports of it becoming significantly worse in the last 2 hours or so

Am glad you said that - thought I was loosing it LOL

Posted
The research team using the Natural Environment Research Council's Dornier 228 aircraft have flown a highly successful mission today.

The Dornier took off from Cranfield airfield at around 3.45pm this afternoon. It flew to the North East of London where it located and tracked the edge of the plume over East Anglia and the North Sea, and towards the dutch coastline.

The measurements and other data will now be analysed and the results will be used by the Met Office to help with forecasting models and to inform the aviation industry.

http://www.nerc.ac.uk/press/notes/