Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Last Winter's Toll

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

After close inspection of my potted Acer yesterday, it is now showing good signs of recovery, new buds and healthy leaves are forming on most branches, there are still many sick looking leaves, but it does look likely the tree will survive to live another day.

I won’t be taking any chances with it next winter though, I will find a way of protecting it, rather than just leave it to chance, as another blow like the last would most likely finish it off.

Posted

After close inspection of my potted Acer yesterday, it is now showing good signs of recovery, new buds and healthy leaves are forming on most branches, there are still many sick looking leaves, but it does look likely the tree will survive to live another day.

I won’t be taking any chances with it next winter though, I will find a way of protecting it, rather than just leave it to chance, as another blow like the last would most likely finish it off.

Unfortunately, my potted Acer still looks desperately unwell, but you have given me hope — I'll keep checking!

• 5 weeks later...