Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Report & Pictures Chase Day 25

Paul Sherman

Posted

Another day and even more Structure Heaven! This year has to be the best for Storm Structure. Today I targeted the Texas Panhandle and the Dryline as it has not failed me yet this Season! Along the way an MD was Issued and the Dryline Promptly fired some weakish cells. One of these cells down near Plainview cleared the rest and 2 Lone LP Supercells were left to be picked off around 730pm! Our road options were not great so had to manouvre around the Eastern Side to be greeted with more amazing Structure shots just East of Silverton (Tx) When we got onto the cell it was moving at 30mph and this crawled to 5mph in the end. So we sat and took pictures watching Cg's and the Sun-Set. Had to Gas Up in Silverton so decided to punch the core, bad mistake as we took some pretty hefty baseball sized hail, some nice dents in the bonnet and crack to the windshield, but Stew, Claire and Craig loved it.

Nice chase to break in the guys and everyone had a great time.

Some Pics

post-24-12745089743711_thumb.jpg - LP Supercell

post-24-12745090250552_thumb.jpg - Cg Heaven

post-24-12745090713528_thumb.jpg - Amazing LP Storms this year LOL

post-24-12745091216858_thumb.jpg - Love It!

Paul S

Posted

Thanks Paul and Paul. as ever some great stuff there. been a brilliant tour this year and have enjoyed watching and reading the events immensely. once again thank you guys for all the input.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

I got stuck in road construction and missed a north road I should have took leading to a 40 mile search for the next one (too stubborn to turn back ;)). As a result, I was still in Co at initiation and missed the tornadoes on the Wyoming supercell. Caught it as it was spinning up another nice wall cloud but it wouldn't put anything down. Shortly after I arrived I ran into a problem with the road I as on (a name highway!) just ending in a mud road. No other option than to retreat south 20 miles and I never caught up again. Very few photos taken. One is attached below. I have a timelapse showing the storm as it started to spin again (inlcuding some anticyclonic spin!) but the focus is out of whack. I might still post it if I get time. AS it is, I'm in good position to chase SD tomorrow which should be a tornado day if I play things right. Want to get to the NE side of the secondary surface low which is currently forecast to be SC SD. Hopefully some better luck tomorrow with the storms...

post-1731-12745122915905_thumb.jpg

Also.. Paul, those photos are kinda ok I guess.... ;)

Now let me pick my jaw off the floor!

Posted

Awesome day. Absolutely beautiful to look at and such a beautiful place to be able to take the photos.

post-7065-12745131873109_thumb.jpg

post-7065-12745132097544_thumb.jpg

post-7065-12745132286089_thumb.jpg

post-7065-12745132612326_thumb.jpg

post-7065-12745132829498_thumb.jpg

post-7065-12745133333597_thumb.jpg

post-7065-12745133577049_thumb.jpg

post-7065-12745133784877_thumb.jpg

SAM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

"""Had to Gas Up in Silverton so decided to punch the core, bad mistake as we took some pretty hefty baseball sized hail, some nice dents in the bonnet and crack to the windshield, but Stew, Claire and Craig loved it..........."""

Hi Paul, and everyone. Simply stunning photos. Paul, we know you would not be completely happy without a few dents and a cracked windsscreen on your chase car!!

Im glad its a very successful chase this year for everyone. ;);)

Edited by ANYWEATHER

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Amazing photos and good to see tour 3 off to a good start, with plenty more to come.

Wish I was still there, it's good following from home but there's nothing like being there in person. Also I would have loved to have taken some of those baseballs on tour 2, Jo would have been hiding under her coat laughing no doubt.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Yet again these images amaze... just love the structures, i'd not care for tornadoes just the sight of those towering Cb's and spacecraft bases would please me no end..

Twenty-five days passed and youve finally wrecked the car with hail dents..!!!;)

Posted

Twenty-five days passed and youve finally wrecked the car with hail dents..!!!:lol:

I bet he did it deliberately.... :o

Fantastic photos once again and that video is beautiful. What a great year for the tours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

OH Well I guess the hail damage will hide the dent you made by kneeling on the bonnet :lol: Nice chase followed you until I couldnt keep my eyes open any longer.

Did see the that second cell intensify after it passed through what I thought to be an outflow boundary. Nice work Paul and the team.

Tom