Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase 2010 - Day 26 Discussion

Paul Sherman

Posted

Very good risk today for Nathan and the other teams who are close enough to score some Tornadoes today in the areas mentioned in topic title. I am guessing Nathan is going to be chasing South Dakota today so good luck to him and lets hope all the brits bag the Tornado Pictures for the Forum!

Today is pretty much a down and travel day for us today as the risk zone is a 14 Hour drive with the Models shifting things North overnight.

Paul S

Posted

guys be aware of how many photos you can take i used a lightning trigger most of the time and took from 691 to 2577 photos each day most days well over 1500 mostly in raw so you can imagine hundreds of hours to review em all will probably take me past next years chases to play around with them all although there are a lot of duds where the lightning was out lens view. so im having trouble finding the tornado pics amongst them all (but good job i stored every days pics in daily files on a hard drive making it easier) which i took by turning off the lightning trigger at times, I will have to invest in another canon if i do a tour next year just for the normal shots

anyway good luck for the coming days

Edited by gpspete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

I love Amarillo!

Would have loved to have taken the baseballs, really enjoyin the pics that are coming out, I think I need to know Stus secret to getting those CGs!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

hello all

If I could omly remember where it is , there is a smashing steak house in Hayes.

But it aint the way to Amarillo,. Hi Jo, Hi Dave , Hi Pete , Hi Mark, Hi Danny, Hi Andy, Hi Trevor, Hi Harry, Hi Mike, loved sharing time with you all and hope you are all ok.

Tom

Posted

I loved Amarillo! Tom, you were a huge part of why I enjoyed the trip as much as I did. We had a great laugh. I am missing all of the gang. Just counting down the days to the next time i'm out there.

Posted

checking my photos again i hadnt taken as many as i thought my largest file had 3 days worth in all nicely renumbered by windows in transfering them from card to notebook to portable hardrive a couple of others have a day and half in due to time differance and the way i transferred them what a nightmare wallbash.gif to sort out now as i only now have them all on the portable hardrive only the first day is correct so be carfull when transfering between more than one device but i still must have over 5 to 600+ photos a day to sort through i must admit i was gobsmacked by my original totals and only realised when i started seeing duplicates in different days.

anyway hope your all having a great time and plenty of storms to come

Edited by gpspete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

hello all

If I could omly remember where it is , there is a smashing steak house in Hayes.

But it aint the way to Amarillo,. Hi Jo, Hi Dave , Hi Pete , Hi Mark, Hi Danny, Hi Andy, Hi Trevor, Hi Harry, Hi Mike, loved sharing time with you all and hope you are all ok.

Tom

Hi Tom, I managed to miss my stop at Newcastle on Thursday and ended up in Berwick! Almost missed it second time round too!

Got bad memories of Hayes, we were there last year when I watched Newcastle getting relegated.

Had a really amazing time over there, and that was mainly down to the rest of the group who it was a pleasure to spend time with. Looking forward to next year so much.

Good luck tour 3 and 4, hope the active season continues for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Hi Tom, I managed to miss my stop at Newcastle on Thursday and ended up in Berwick! Almost missed it second time round too!

Got bad memories of Hayes, we were there last year when I watched Newcastle getting relegated.

Had a really amazing time over there, and that was mainly down to the rest of the group who it was a pleasure to spend time with. Looking forward to next year so much.

Good luck tour 3 and 4, hope the active season continues for everyone.

Hi Mark

Glad to hear you eventually got off the train and that you enjoyed the tour. Look forward to seeing you next year and at either of the two netweather events later this year.

Tom

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Looks like I am spending the night in a field.. with good company. Road ended despite being on GPS and we were forced south into a farmers field. Now truly stuck. Hoping not to get too badly hailed by training cells.

Anyone watching the TVN stream earlier will understand where I am.... :)... Got closer to a tornado that I ever wanted to be (i.e. within the circulation of a huge multivortex, with suction vortices all around. Not much I, or the other guys could do.. both streets and trips and Delorme said this road linked with the main highway, but it ended 1 mile short... if the road had been there, I was several miles ahead of the storm and was planning on heading south away from the hail core. would have had 10 mins to spare, but cars got stuck behind and the field was the only route ahead... At least I won't have to pay for motel rooms on the most expensive weekend of the year!

Posted

This is not where you want to be when there are half a dozen tornadoes heading your way!

post-1731-12745835369787_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

A bit like tour 2 you're getting more than your fair share of bad luck, with your camera incident, getting stuck in traffic the other day and now stuck in a field.

Tour 2 had a couple of hospital visits, a puncture, and the car keys locked inside the car.

Hope you get back on the road tomorrow and find some more storms, same goes for the team on tour 3.

Posted

Damn Nathan!

Stay safe mate! Saw the streams earlier on some of the Live Feeds, looks like Reed Timmer is stuck in the same field as you. Those Tornadoes looked amazing from Weather Channel Footage, Massive Cone, Great Big Wedge! Wish I was up there with ya!

Paul S

Posted

Yeah, unfortunately, in dodging the multiple vortexes I drove deep into a farmers field, along with 7 other chase cars. The farmer is left trouser leged and we can't get to our cars. Police came, one chaser was arrested and taken to jail! Then ran out of gas in Bart Comstocks car as power was out everywhere. Checked in at 4:30 to a motel in Aberdeen. Will try get the car out tomorrow, but the farmer said he wouldn't tow it out til the farm dried, which given current forecasts, would be middle to end of next week!

Gotta conserve laptop battery power so will not be about much till things are sorted... Left charger in the car I think...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

hello all

Tom

Cheers Tom! You too mate - had a wicked time too, with a great deal of thanks going to your strokes of comedy genius! :)

Just enjoying the hot sunshine and chilling out this weekend :D