Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spells Discussion

Posted

The last thread was closed so I have created a new one.

Anyway, 23.6c atm which isn't as warm as yesterdays 24.5c. Probably due to the suprising low of 8.c last night, I expected lows of low-mid teeen considering how warm it was yesterday.

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Alot of cloud around, but it's hovering around the 25c mark :)

Posted

24.4c now, getting closer...

Posted

Started off with no cloud, but some cloud has formed during the day. It reached 26.1C earlier, currently 25.2C :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Looks like the 25*C shield has been busted. :)

...And I think I am beginning to here my shield crumble, too, with the temperature only 0.5*C away from the number twenty five.

Posted

Has been around 23 degrees average today though I think it may have gone over 25 before the clouds started bubbling up, still feels very warm and close though theres a number of cumulus and towering cumulus around, wouldn't be surprised to see a heavy downpour or isolated thunderstorm before the day is out.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

23c today again, when are we going to get the warmth london has, its not fair why does everything have to be reserved for them!

Posted

23c today again, when are we going to get the warmth london has, its not fair why does everything have to be reserved for them!

Because you live on the coast and the Atlantic has more influence over you than it does over London?

Posted

Well thats todays nice weather gone, two heavy showers providing torrential rain, currently overcast with moderate rain, beautiful...

Posted

23c was the max here today, which is too warm for working outdoors.Hopefully much cooler by monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

London is a sizeable metropolis and therefore the Urban Heat Island (UHI) effect creates warmer temperatures. Plus the fact London is the close to the continent and therefore enjoys a bit more of a continental climate unlike most of the UK and all of Ireland which is more of a maritime climate (not always the case though) - Ireland will often be warmer than London in winter, while the reverse is true in Summer.

Be grateful you don't have to endure stifling temperatures at night which London does - sometimes in summer, London and the SE don't drop below 19-21C, then add about 8-10C for the indoor temperature too.

It was a VERY warm and stunning 27C today, positively meditteranean feeling. Tomorrow has the potential for 28-29C before cooling off slightly Sunday and more so into the next week.

Edited by Harry

Posted

Since my last post (25 minutes ago) it's been raining moderately continuously, now turned torretioal.... not happy.

It's not London it's the South in general, having said that most of England sees similar temperatures to south east/ London, max of 25.c here. Temperatures in the last warm spell were on many occasions warmer here due to the easterly breeze affecting the south, so it isn't always the south that experiences the warmest of temps.

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

London is a sizeable metropolis and therefore the Urban Heat Island (UHI) effect creates warmer temperatures. Plus the fact London is the close to the continent and therefore enjoys a bit more of a continental climate unlike most of the UK and all of Ireland which is more of a maritime climate (not always the case though) - Ireland will often be warmer than London in winter, while the reverse is true in Summer.

Be grateful you don't have to endure stifling temperatures at night which London does - sometimes in summer, London and the SE don't drop below 19-21C, then add about 8-10C for the indoor temperature too.

It was a VERY warm and stunning 27C today, positively meditteranean feeling. Tomorrow has the potential for 28-29C before cooling off slightly Sunday and more so into the next week.

I really don't understand how he expects Northern Ireland to be as warm as London in the south-east of England, its just a bit of meteorological common sense that London and the SE (in addition to the majority of England) will nearly always get better weather in the summer than NI, just how much further North it is is a simple explaination. Its the way weather works, if getting decent, reliable summer weather is something you long for, I don't know why your living up there, personally I don't find the summers very good down here anyway, so I dread to think what they must be like where Frostyjoe lives...

High of 26C today and with sunny skies throughout, felt lovely, and this evening couldn't really be nicer temperature wise; still a nice warmth about it despite the lack of cloud cover. Quite a Mediterranean feeling, the perfect sort of evening to get out and enjoy a BBQ or the like, yesterday was far more chilly at this time with similarly clear skies.

Edited by Kentish Kiwi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What on earth do you expect near the coast and in Northern ireland? Its hardly the Bahamas. :lol:

The weather will usually always be better the further South you go. For example we reached about 25-27c today and that was a typical value across much of England.

You will usually get it colder in Winter than us so it swaps around come Summer. You have far too high expectations for your location!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well it got up to a balmy 27.2C this afternoon though still not quite the height of the last warm spell in May which achieved 27.8C on the 23rd. Still, tomorrow could be hotter provided the sun keeps its input before the mercury dips from Sunday onwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Extremely uncomfortable tonight, sweating buckets and unable to sleep. And we are only a few days into this dreaded season =[

Posted

Extremely uncomfortable tonight, sweating buckets and unable to sleep. And we are only a few days into this dreaded season =[

You mustn't have high heat tolerance like most. As I don't really have an issue, unless temperatures are 20.c at night ie 2003/2006 then I'm uncomfortable, currently 13.3c and dropping, last night we got to 8.c which would be pretty comfortable for you.

Posted

For some perspective on London's "stifling" heat. A few days ago, Darwin fell below 20C for the first time since last August.

Posted

You mustn't have high heat tolerance like most. As I don't really have an issue, unless temperatures are 20.c at night ie 2003/2006 then I'm uncomfortable, currently 13.3c and dropping, last night we got to 8.c which would be pretty comfortable for you.

In the daytime it's uncomfortable but not too bad, but warmth at night is absolutely horrible. My room was still 29c at 11pm. That's the consquence of having a south facing bedroom for you though. Hopefully it won't be as sunny today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Half the ruddy country is sunny and already nice and roasty toasty yet here the sky is just milky white and the temperature is still at 18C. Really need to get rid of this cloud if we're going to beat yesterday's temperature.

Posted

Half the ruddy country is sunny and already nice and roasty toasty yet here the sky is just milky white and the temperature is still at 18C. Really need to get rid of this cloud if we're going to beat yesterday's temperature.

Same here the cloud just cleared away after 3 days of it!! Stopping us from getting by 23c, pretty rubbish when we could've got at least 25c, and now when it clears away it took so long to clear away we'll barely make it past 22c.

Posted

Overcast here but it is still 24c.

Posted

temp here is similar to yesterday but there is a difference, the dewpoint, climbed to 15C so far, yesterday it was 10C

Posted

25.5c here in faversham now! could definately be a 30c day! sitting in garden with saturday papers, umbrella, radio 2 on and laptop on lap. Hopefully muggy night with nice bout of storms later on.....