Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spells Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

LOL that face is halarious, only 23c here so you are wayy lucky.

If they keep rising the 2/3c every hour they may hit 35c but it'll probably drop now. Edit 31c there now!

Absolutely zero chance of the temperature even getting near to 35C anywhere in the UK today. 32C seems like the highest possible official maximum I would have thought, most probably in Gravesend considering its at 31C now.

Its hit 30C here now although a thin veil of high cloud is creeping in from the west and is now partially blocking the sun. Still, nowhere near as good as last years spell at this time where we had 5 consecutive days of 30C+.

Posted

31c here yey! mite break 32c by days end..... oh well its hot hot hot but have hayfever/cold/chest infection.... not enjoying heat and football well.....erm changed channel....

Posted

Nearby Biggin Hill reached a high of 30C today making it the hottest day of the year there since that heat back in early July last year, coinciding with the annual year air show held at the airfield there. I think that actually makes it 4 years in a row where the Biggin Hill airshow weekend has reached/exceeded 25C.

Considering BH is quite exposed (on the top of the downs) and Otford is in sheltered valley around 200m lower, I would say its quite a safe bet to say that my high today was 1C higher than BH's at 31C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Temperature here today 26.3C didnt feel that warm, especially in the breeze.

There's only way from here though :-)

Posted

Temperature here today 26.3C didnt feel that warm, especially in the breeze.

There's only way from here though :-)

Felt quite warm where I am though - 26C is about right I call it hot but not too hot (like 30 degrees C+) - so I thought it was pleasent and even with the breeze it still felt warm with the humidity involved aswell - BTW was that breeze a classic "sea breeze" set up and do you get them often where you are on the coast?

Luke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not to be trusted and based on the UKMO 12Z i think but the BBC 5 day forecast brings temps of 29-33c widely across the Midlands, EA and Southern counties on Friday.

If UKMO brings that low closer then were back to square one anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Felt quite warm where I am though - 26C is about right I call it hot but not too hot (like 30 degrees C+) - so I thought it was pleasent and even with the breeze it still felt warm with the humidity involved aswell - BTW was that breeze a classic "sea breeze" set up and do you get them often where you are on the coast?

Luke

seabreezes happen alot, its payback I guess for our milder winters.

Posted

Luke

try this link Luke

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/38567-the-mechanism-behind-a-sea-breeze/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The updated BBC Monthly outlook would suggest unsettled at times for the North in July but often drier and warmer in Central and Southern parts however some rain here at times too. No sings of copious amounts of rainfall though. Unfortunately it does look like the real dry part of the summer is reaching its end now as the Atlantic begins to stir up perhaps but some places including here really need rain. Could still change and there will be times of very nice weather im sure and at least here wont be too bad compared to further North at times.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

23.6c here, we may reach the forecast high of 25.c if the cloud would stay clear for an hour or so instead of constantly drifting in-front of the sun.

Posted

27.5c here but in sun its so hot..... just had walk down tescos and coming up that hill with four heavy bags of shopping.... needed a cold shower... just going to make a nice ice fruit smoothie.... a few clouds around but still hot. Looks like it might be staying hot until at least monday... ( my definition any temp above 25c and nightime 17-20c) last nights min 18.8c.... not nice when have hayfever/cold/sore throat and midge bites from loch lomond....

Posted

Very warm with a current temp of 26c,although it's doubtful it will reach 28c like it did yesterday.

Posted

Enjoying the last warm day of the warm spell for here. Currently 24.3C but cloudy so feels quite humid.

I guess for my location I wont be seing aboove 21C for the foreseeable future with lots of welcome rain to come too.

That said with some of predicted low dewpoints it may feels distinctly chilly, even cold below 18C (as is forecast for here) compared to what we've had. It's never nice knowing that cooler, more unsettled weather is on the way after such a lovely period of weather.

I've definitely enjoyed this warm, dry weather though, similar in ways to 2006 though abviously not as warm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

really enjoying the hot and sunny weather here in the se , this is really becoming a good summer in terms of sunny clear and hot just how i like it, and it looks like its lasting for quite a while yet, would like some thunderstorms or a least downpours late evening to cool the night of a bit and because i love storms of course.

my flat gets very hot and have to open the 2 big windows full, and it still dont cool down only abit late, the last couple of nights the breeze has been nice late evening and as im facing south good for storms! my area the grass is going brown , i think the drought situation up north is worrying but down in south we are at risk soon i think, rain looks likely further north over the days a head but not in the south whilst keeping the hot sunny weather.

i remember summer 2006( se) hot dry until mid july then massive storms then storms every week until september :rofl:

Edited by nimbilus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

The warmth is still hanging on here and looks like it is going to do so throughout the week. Current temp is 24.8c, 1c lower than yesterday. The predicted increase in cloud from the west hasnt arrived just yet.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

It was 24c yesterday which isn't roasting like, but its only 17c here now and foggy... gone send us from of the good weather and stop being shellfish, am seriously getting sick of this crap!

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Still pleased with how well I am tolerating the heat- 29C yesterday in Norwich, 28C today. I think I would struggle if I had to do physical work out in it, but relaxing or walking out in it is fine.

I'm finding this spell enjoyable although the odd sharp downpour/thunderstorm thrown in there would make it even better. There hasn't been any rain at all here since the showers from the northerly on the 19th June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

It was 24c yesterday which isn't roasting like, but its only 17c here now and foggy... gone send us from of the good weather and stop being shellfish, am seriously getting sick of this crap!

I could do with 17c right now. I'm sick of this hot weather, can't sleep in it.

Posted

Are we selfish in having the heat? :acute: Sorry but we cant do anything about it.

Cloudy now but its been a great day again here at 27/28c. :lol:

Posted

What's this wet stuff coming out of the sky? Seems like a long time since i last saw it!

Barely wet the ground though lol!

Today was the 7th successive day above 25c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Been raining for over an hour, everywhere soaked right through. Over 2mm would of fallen I expect.

16.5c.