Coast

Posted

sun is out now

temp is at 21C

dew point 10.8

humidity 53%

mmmm? any storm today i wonder? pardon.gif

Posted

doncaster didnt really see any sferics last night and dismorning! only very distant lightning from the humber storm. NMM model looks ok for yorkshire around 3pm though!

Posted

doncaster didnt really see any sferics last night and dismorning! only very distant lightning from the humber storm. NMM model looks ok for yorkshire around 3pm though!

Hi Craigers

You know who i am :(

Your right NMM model looks fantastic for our neck of the woods;

post-12083-12758203194862_thumb.pngpost-12083-12758203251921_thumb.png

Edited by North Sea Breeze

Posted

HAHAHA! I thought the same thing when i saw the flashes too! I had a vodka filled BBQ day and was inside with the curtains shut watchin telly by that point, when i saw the brightest flash through the bottom of my front room door, which leads to a hallway- so the lightning had to come through 2 doors (proper front door, down the hall way to the front room door) to see the flash that bright. I was like ay???? cc_confused.gif Then I heard the long rumbling deep bass thunder go on for ages, and was like roadrunner to the window, dropping everything in my lap and tearing through the front room like i was on fire to get my face pressed up against the glass. Weird thing to, was there was a chinese lantern way up in the sky that wasnt moving or drifting anywhere for like 15 minutes. It was dead eerie in the sky, being all on fire, with all the lightning.

Need the sun to break out now for some convective development. Its brightening up here and the rain has slowed down to a hard drizzle.

I saw the lanterns too from here in Matlock - there must have been 7 or 8 visible in the sky at one point. There was one that had crashed to the ground in Cromford as I drove through :(

They seemed to have been let off towards the South from where I was looking. You're right though, it was eerie over here too - distant lightning going off to the east and then several fiery lights floating across the sky!

Posted

Hi Craigers

You know who i am :)

Your right NMM model looks fantastic for our neck of the woods;

post-12083-12758203194862_thumb.pngpost-12083-12758203251921_thumb.png

ahhh i do :(. Yeah NMM model looks spot on for our location to get a 2nd chance! you never know it could be pretty good given all the moisture on the ground!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Lol I wonder how meny ball lighting reports there will be :(

Posted

Well we missed all the storms here too, although there was a near by flash followed by a clap of thunder about 15 seconds later.

The funny thing is that all of the storms that the east and northeast midlands got, seeded directly over us before moving off lol!

Well I hope we get better luck today, I can't be bothered to water the garden.

As it stands, the convection here is getting going already and the temps are 21'c (never dropped lower than 17'c last night), it feels less humid though.

There are some nice echoes developing over the Bristol wat atm, they look to be drifting this way ;-)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted

ahhh i do :(. Yeah NMM model looks spot on for our location to get a 2nd chance! you never know it could be pretty good given all the moisture on the ground!

Yep it's well good.

Im back with a vengance to be good :) then come winter i'll probably dissapear for a bit or just stay on private messaging with you and a few other lads on here, that way I avoid any altercations.

How are you anyhow mate?

Posted

Well we missed all the storms here too, although there was a near by flash followed by a clap of thunder about 15 seconds later.

The funny thing is that all of the storms that the east and northeast midlands got, seeded directly over us before moving off lol!

Well I hope we get better luck today, I can't be bothered to water the garden.

As it stands, the convection here is getting going already and the temps are 21'c (never dropped lower than 17'c last night), it feels less humid though.

There are some nice echoes developing over the Bristol wat atm, they look to be drifting this way ;-)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Yep just caught that one was some rain but id expect that to pick up intensity as it moves more inland.

Posted

Yep it's well good.

Im back with a vengance to be good :( then come winter i'll probably dissapear for a bit or just stay on private messaging with you and a few other lads on here, that way I avoid any altercations.

How are you anyhow mate?

aww but its good to have you back mate! im good thanks, managed to line up a graphics design job! hows your website and how you been?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Yep just caught that one was some rain but id expect that to pick up intensity as it moves more inland.

Yes this shows up well on the Net weather readar, how heavy was it?

Edited by Stormyking

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nothing here in west Wales as forecast.

Lively showers over NE Wales now.

Posted

Yes this shows up well on the Net weather readar, how heavy was it?

It was heavy for a time but its cleared now and the sun has come back out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Hi all, first time poster here. I live up near Matlock in the Derbyshire Dales - last night between about 10pm and 11.30pm we had some incredible lightning off towards the east (towards Nottingham - which would tally) and some very distant rumbles of thunder. The storm itself missed us though and we didn't have any rain, or even any loud rumbles. I had a drive out for half an hour to get a closer look at the lightning and it looked amazing over Nottingham!

This morning the ground is wet and it seems like we may have had a storm around 8am looking at some of the charts - I must have slept right through it sad.gif

Hi welcome to netweather!! biggrin.gif Nottingham indeedy had some super-duper storms last night. It was proper black & white horror movie in the old haunted mansion on the hill type storms with really deep thunder and some AMAZING lightning!! My neighbours must think Im crackers cuz alls you could hear from my house was "OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE THAT!!!! HOLY BEEP-B-B*%-BEEP***^%$-BEEEEP!! %$£!!!! hahahaha!! Lightning was just beyond cool. Im so impressed for Nottingham since we always miss EVERYTHING!! I cant beleive my good luck last night!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Couple of heavy showers across eastern Wales currently. Cell approaching Oswestry, Shropshire has, I think, become electrified as sferic has been detected over that region.

Yep, and they're drifting just south of east slowly...Should be in my neighbourhood in the next hour or so

Posted

aww but its good to have you back mate! im good thanks, managed to line up a graphics design job! hows your website and how you been?

Some cells firing up now NE of Grimsby towards spurn point, have a more NNW shift. Still some rogue showers firing up just South but they keep fizzling out, and then re-igniting again so it will be interesting to see if theres any development.

Its good to see you got a graphics job mate i'm pleased for you, i'm working for some large clients based in Lincoln at the moment, I also have my own personal websites that are doing pretty well, I dont know if you have heard of flippa the website marketplace, but I have developed/coded a clone, search "flipmarketplace" on google. I just purchased a domain on sedo the other night for a few thousand quid, websitedeal.com 7 years old, it only started at 200 quid but i got into a bidding war on SEDO lol :(

Im just looking at the 06Z now, and im a little confused as to where its getting its totals from in precipitation etc. Although we both know what happened last night, they just fired up lol.

Edited by North Sea Breeze

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Glad everyone got what they wanted :)

No they didn't :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

No they didn't :(

I Agree Neil

Posted

Yep, and they're drifting just south of east slowly...Should be in my neighbourhood in the next hour or so

do you think it will pass over Telford?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

do you think it will pass over Telford?

Only if it passes Bridgnorth first :(

Posted

I Agree Neil

Oh unlucky considering you were forecast for storms. But it was always gunna be a hard one to predict for the SE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

Oh unlucky considering you were forecast for storms. But it was always gunna be a hard one to predict for the SE

well there still forecast for this afternoon so fingers crossed maybe we will get them.

Posted

Oh well. Not bad while it lasted (the thundery rain what we had this morning). They mention home grown storms on the bbc but that seems more south west rather than up here in S41

All cleared for the time being with not much to look forward to looking at the latest radar so it looks like a dry walk to the pubdrinks.gif

At least the garden has had a good watering.