Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

That line of showers in NE Wales is looking fine, any reports from anyone yet if they are electrified or not?

Posted

Only if it passes Bridgnorth first :(

Fair enough. Im hoping I get out of the no storm club today. I saw a few distant flashes of lightning last night but that doesn't count lol

Posted

Even though we basicly missed out on storms here in the southeast last night i now know how it feels to live somewhere north of london when the SE are predicted large thunderstorms and areas further north are not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Just had a very heavy shower, A few big clouds popping up now the suns come out again.

VERY humid now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Here's a radar grab to give perspective to where these strong cells over mid-wales are...They're on the extreme left of the radar image, about 40 miles to my west drifting slowly eastwards, somwhere near Welshpool....There's now additional cells going up to the west of Bridgnorth ,again,m drifting eastwards....Looks like an interesting afternoon for our parts! :)

post-4149-12758231192493_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Here's a radar grab to give perspective to where these strong cells over mid-wales are...They're on the extreme left of the radar image, about 40 miles to my west drifting slowly eastwards, somwhere near Welshpool....There's now additional cells going up to the west of Bridgnorth ,again,m drifting eastwards....Looks like an interesting afternoon for our parts! smile.gif

I've got my eyes on those puppies too, although its a long shot if they reach Notts. Im not complaining though!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Here's a radar grab to give perspective to where these strong cells over mid-wales are...They're on the extreme left of the radar image, about 40 miles to my west drifting slowly eastwards, somwhere near Welshpool....There's now additional cells going up to the west of Bridgnorth ,again,m drifting eastwards....Looks like an interesting afternoon for our parts! :)

Yup I'm pretty hopefull for later this afternoon, however no sferics have been detected in those cells over wales as of yet, but its early days.

K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Out west of Shrewsbury at the moment loking from a hill down towards the way of Welshpool... very black.. will keep updated if this turns thundery, a nasty looking cell from where I am...

if it turns Thundery or misses here, will head out for a chase..

Posted

Was a good night for the Humber area for thunderstorms drinks.gif had T & L for over 2 1/2 hrs in cleethorpes at one point drinks.gif hope for more soon whistling.gif

Edited by clee_snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Are these showers electrified? They are quite close to me now. The most worrying thing is that low cloud has rolled back in from the east, and I've known that tear apart storms.

Sorry for the awful quality image.

post-9381-12758243620817_thumb.jpg

Edited by alza

Guest FireStorm

Looks like London has a chance of storms afternoon and early evening if 06z GFS cape/li values to be believed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Morning everyone, there are some pretty grey clouds heading my way at the moment, will keep you informed if they produce anything. No storms here yet this year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Looks like London has a chance of storms afternoon and early evening if 06z GFS cape/li values to be believed

thats what i was wondering, cape of 1150 j and li -4 where i am but really? it seems hazy and not even that warm.

Posted

grey clouds here with a few drops of rain. no thunder or lightning

it feels soooo humid here. humidity at 47% temp at 21.7!

Guest FireStorm

I Think any cloud cover will limit the ability to kick start the storms but the potential is there for sure

Posted

hope i see somthing!

still drops of rain falling on and off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

On edge of Ex Wales Cells now, light rain, nothing else to report... rather dissapointingly...

Posted

Last night was a bit disappointing, got up this morning and the ground was bone dry, looked back at the radar to find that the storms literally broke up around Maidstone and then re-joined on the other side, it's as if we had some sort of barrier around us!!

Posted

More met office warning out for North East England for

Outbreaks of rain, occasionally turning heavy and thundery, will move northwards across parts of northeast England during this afternoon, giving totals in excess of 15mm in 3 hours.

The public are advised to take care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1235 Sun 6 Jun

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ne/ne_forecast_warnings.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

No storms in Norwich last night btw- they stayed out to the west.

Posted

looking very tasty outside......hopefully things kick of and we get nice show from these clusters :):D

Edited by derby4life