Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Out west of Shrewsbury at the moment loking from a hill down towards the way of Welshpool... very black.. will keep updated if this turns thundery, a nasty looking cell from where I am...

if it turns Thundery or misses here, will head out for a chase..

I think the upper winds are WSW so it will track north of Shrewsbury.

Morning everyone, there are some pretty grey clouds heading my way at the moment, will keep you informed if they produce anything. No storms here yet this year!

Yes that cell over Worcestershire should pass close to Stratford.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

More met office warning out for North East England for

Outbreaks of rain, occasionally turning heavy and thundery, will move northwards across parts of northeast England during this afternoon, giving totals in excess of 15mm in 3 hours.

The public are advised to take care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1235 Sun 6 Jun

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

Grr so close to Tyne and Wear >:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some tasty cells firing up now. Could be an interesting afternoon. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Does anyone know if that rain across Northern England is still Thundery?

Posted

Nice looking cells in E.Wales right now, and a very big potent cell over Oswestry right now, some very high returns over that area, over 100mm per hour returns, I'd be surprised if they weren't producing some lightning to be honest.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Grr so close to Tyne and Wear >:)

I should imagine that Tyne & Wear and parts of Northumberland will be included in the next update (mostly for heavy rain). Still grey and miserable here on the NE coast, cant see this murk shifting anytime soon, damn chilly too at 12°C.....

If this heavy (thundery) rain shifts out into the north sea in the next few hours and the sun comes out then we may have a slight chance of something occuring inland but i wouldn't hold ya breath..!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

WOW that Oswestry cell looks MEGA, deffo need people to report if its producing sferics! Maybe they are all taking cover with their computers turned off biggrin.gif

The Nottingham storm last night had rain I havent seen in years. It was like making weird bands in the street that looked like snakes or radio waves that were swirling in and out. I was like shok.gif .

There was a huge river going down hucknall road, it was crazy! That must have been what it looks like at 100mm per hour rain haha!!

Peterborough storm looks like its getting potent. Notts is just covered in gray clouds at mo' cant see anything kicking off here, need a bit o' sun!

Posted

WOW that Oswestry cell looks MEGA, deffo need people to report if its producing sferics! Maybe they are all taking cover with their computers turned off biggrin.gif

The Nottingham storm last night had rain I havent seen in years. It was like making weird bands in the street that looked like snakes or radio waves that were swirling in and out. I was like shok.gif .

There was a huge river going down hucknall road, it was crazy! That must have been what it looks like at 100mm per hour rain haha!!

Peterborough storm looks like its getting potent. Notts is just covered in gray clouds at mo' cant see anything kicking off here, need a bit o' sun!

Think there is a cell developing a few miles south of you. Some good chances as the day goes on as more cells start to fire up in south midlands and moving north.

Edited by weathercoxy

Posted

2 rumbles, grey and few drops of rain! it has passed and now the sun is pushing through again! Niiice!!!

humidity at 53% it is soooo stuffy and hot out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Sun is out here, and there some rarther tasty looking convection out to the west, Its pretty warm too at 24.5oC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

2 rumbles, grey and few drops of rain! it has passed and now the sun is pushing through again! Niiice!!!

humidity at 53% it is soooo stuffy and hot out!

Come back to the West Midlands-it should be an interesting day here! ;)

We also had a little storm last night too and you probably would of seen something from Redditch. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty, Foggy, Cold, Snowy, Windy, Thunder

Afternoon all!

Anyone know if their is anything planned for herts, beds & bucks today?

Posted

Think there is a cell developing a few miles south of you. Some good chances as the day goes on as more cells start to fire up in south midlands and moving north.

Except they will be tending to track eastwards from now on with the Low over the East and upper winds turning to the west over the Midlands through this afternoon.

Posted

Come back to the West Midlands-it should be an interesting day here! tease.gif

We also had a little storm last night too and you probably would of seen something from Redditch. tease.gif

he he! i know! typical! just when i move to the south east it gets interesting in the midlands lol! im genuinely so glad that its happening for u guys though! its about time that there be storm action where u guys are! good luck!!!!

Posted

he he! i know! typical! just when i move to the south east it gets interesting in the midlands lol! im genuinely so glad that its happening for u guys though! its about time that there be storm action where u guys are! good luck!!!!

Sorry for the tounge out smiley's. Dont where the wink has gone Lol.

Nice line of strong cells out West now moving this way. ;)

Posted

well Just Rain here hope things get going soon

Edit i see Dumfries + Galloway got a warning but none for us yetcc_confused.gif

Edited by Stuart

Posted

Turned very dark here over lunch with a heavy shower,then it turned thundery with 1 CG seen broke this years duck,that shower died out somewhat,very slow moving.

Much more active thundery shower or storm much further to the north lasting an hour so far,still humid with a light W/NW windflow.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Sorry for the tounge out smiley's. Dont where the wink has gone Lol.

Nice line of strong cells out West now moving this way. biggrin.gif

doh.gif bet redditch get a massive storm today! nonono.gifrolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

ah yes, near leicester and loughboro? They will go east me thinks. The sun has peaked out here though, so thats good! Nice little line developing in W. Mids!

Posted

Keeping an eye on heavy showers west of here- are steadily progressing ENE. Either they can maintain or build their intensity by the time they make it to here, or new cells form ahead of them. Either way, could get interesting for some parts of the region within the next couple of hours!

Couple of new Sferics out to the West again now from those intense cells.

Posted

Looks like Ludlow's gonna get slammed in a minute