Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Certainly looking a very interesting day tomorrow, and looks like Gloucestershire could see some mroe potential which would be nice for them again.

Good luck to all tomorrow in the storm risk area :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Convergence line has moved slightly further North. Storm conditions a bit better on this run as things seem a bit further West. No major changes on this run but perhaps slightly better. :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

im thinking we're too far north for the real storms tomorrow going by the latest gfs, slow moving showers are likely for here though.

We are near the edge of it all i suppose but certainly cant rule it out i suppose southern areas may act more as a breeding ground then sending them towards Central areas. :hi:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Think its another event for the midlands and wales as the breeding ground further south pushes these showers north while intercepting with the convergence line could a v intresting day for central and southern england :hi:

Posted

Must say, conditions tomorrow certainly favourable for somewhere to get notable thunderstorm/s. And for once, the upper wind flow will actually favour the West Midlands (including Birmingham region), generally flowing from a SSW direction. Would go as far as to say that tomorrow is looking a much better day for here than yesterday (during the early hours and afternoon). Still think southern Midlands, northern parts of the south-west and eastern England are favourable areas for active thunderstorms, but an increasing chance of some thuderstorms for places further north.

I agree. Tbh without the trough yesterday we may have struggled with the sharp showers/storms/ The GFS showed us right on the edge of the instability but look what happened over Herefordshire, Worcestershire etc. :hi:

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Netweather storm forecast for tomorrow now out: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

Posted

Netweather storm forecast for tomorrow now out: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

Thanks Nick. :hi:

I have the day at home tomorrow studying so hopefully a storm will keep me through reading boring history text. Lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Netweather storm forecast for tomorrow now out: http://www.netweathe...onvective;sess=

nice nice looking good!!!! :)

Posted

Must say, conditions tomorrow certainly favourable for somewhere to get notable thunderstorm/s. And for once, the upper wind flow will actually favour the West Midlands (including Birmingham region), generally flowing from a SSW direction. Would go as far as to say that tomorrow is looking a much better day for here than yesterday (during the early hours and afternoon). Still think southern Midlands, northern parts of the south-west and eastern England are favourable areas for active thunderstorms, but an increasing chance of some thunderstorms for places further north.

Shouldn't take the GFS too literally when forecasting thunderstorm risk days- for example the generalised spread of CAPE and convective precipitation. Would follow the NAE model- which is showing convective precipitation as far north as north Midlands. And from here southwards will be under an unstable airmass, so nothing holding back thunderstorms developing or progressing much further north.

thats true, was a very spur of the moment thing, but generally taking in all considerations, it does look like we have that chance, but arent the most favoured zone on the map, which goes to the southern midlands really, but still, frequent slow moving showers look likely :) fingers crossed :)

Posted

Hopefully Looking good for some, Would be nice to get something here tomorrow, However I think I may miss out due to being too close to the south coast with the SSW wind off the sea here meaning heavy showers/storms form a little further inland..(as usual). Still I might see some CB cells in the distance I guess..

Wish I both had a car and didn't have an exam tomorrow morning, as I most likely wouldn't be staying here tomorrow! :)

However I will go and watch from the no storms club instead..

Maybe Jane Louise will get 2 storms in 3 days? :):lol::D

Posted

Maybe Jane Louise will get 2 storms in 3 days? :):lol::D

Now your talking the impossible. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I know lol I can hardly believe it myself. laugh.gif But it maybe hit and miss. Maybe I'm in for a thundery Summer,it will sure make up for all those years nothing happened.

Good luck everyone,drunk.gif I really hope you all get your storms tommorowbiggrin.gif ( hope I haven't jinxed it now) lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Looking good Nick, thanks for that. Will finish work at midday tomorrow.......then chasetime :-).

Gav

Edited by Seasons

Posted

I have the day off work, full tank of fuel too! Batts all charged for storm chase equipment.

Treated to mammatus cloud when i got back from work at around 17:00 today.

Took using my phone cam (Vivaz) edited in picasa with less brightness and 'resized' so it don't blow the borders!

post-3585-12759497160187_thumb.jpg

Posted

Now your talking the impossible. :)

Hmm you may be right there :) Hope not!

Hope I haven't jinxed it either! Yes good luck to all tomorrow! I'd better be off to bed now got to get up early.

Actually got quite heavy rain here at the moment bringing todays rainfall total to nearly 23mm.

Edited by StormMad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

18z NMM is very interesting....Pushes the storm threat significantly northwards...In fact, during the mid-afternoon it favours higher CAPE values and Lift around the Birmingham area with a nice convergence setting up from the Wash through to mid-wales...18z GFS has things approx 50-75 miles further south....I await with baited breath!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

Nice to see the potential so close to home! My only day off is Thursday so thought I could rule out tomorrow as a chase day, but since I dont start till 5pm and Ian has said things may kick off earlier rather than later, Its ON!

Fuel in tank, batteries charged, should prob go to sleep :) Thundery dreams all x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Got up to go to the toilet and theres some evil looking clouds heading North/NW watch out!

plus i was amused by a snail gliding across my window, seeing how it moves is quite impressive! :)