Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy Rain In South Eastern France

Posted

Heayy rain and severe flooding yesterday in the french departement of the Var (on the mediterranean coast), you can see here the Météo France map with amounts of precipitations on this episode :

23494-43.jpg

It's the strongest rainfall evenement recorded for this departement, and for the Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur region. Some videos :

Posted

So far 19 people died and many more are missing.

Heayy rain and severe flooding yesterday in the french departement of the Var (on the mediterranean coast), you can see here the Météo France map with amounts of precipitations on this episode :

23494-43.jpg

It's the strongest rainfall evenement recorded for this departement, and for the Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur region. Some videos :

Posted

Thanks for posting those videos, it reminds me of amazing footage I viewed when I was younger (and partly what got me interested in the weather!) of similar flash floods in Italy. I think the prgramme was called Raging Planet? Or something along those lines.

Posted

Wow thats a pretty impressive fall of rain. I remember seeing the BBC forecasting upwards of 200MM a few days ago in that region, so looks like it came off as was forecasted, still 400mm is pretty impressive!

Posted

truly frightening videos there, the speed the water is flowing in some of the clips is difficult to comprehend.

Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlMi7nHFYMA

Flash floods triggered by torrential downpours near France’s Mediterranean coast have claimed at least 19 lives.

Six months worth of rain fell in less than 24 hours in some places. And while some residents climbed onto the roofs of their homes and escaped via helicopter, the number of victims is set to rise, with several people still unaccounted for.

The disaster has struck towns and villages in the Var department of southeastern France. With Draguignan prison flooded, more than 400 inmates had to be moved to safety.

awesome footage here also

http://www.euronews.net/2010/06/16/flash-floods-kill-19-in-france/

http://www.euronews.net/2010/06/16/deadly-floods-hit-southern-france/