Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Something is forming west of plymouth. Watchin it :wallbash:

??....all I can see is some frontal rain Liam, admittedly quite heavy in places according to NW radar...where are you getting your info from? :)

A few showers have been triggered over Wales and the welsh borders, no surface energy and poor lapse rates....a pocket of MLCAPE perhaps?

a few sferics teasing the Kent coastline, from that storm complex heading off into the benelux countries....have been watching that from time to time...looked like a decaying MCS over south Central France earlier today, looks to have re-invigourated nicely the past few hours

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

??....all I can see is some frontal rain Liam, admittedly quite heavy in places according to NW radar...where are you getting your info from? :wallbash:

A few showers have been triggered over Wales and the welsh borders, no surface energy and poor lapse rates....a pocket of MLCAPE perhaps?

Just relised i was looking at 7:30 am 10th july 2008 on a diffrent radar it won't go from that lol, swiched to net weather radar now.

Edited by Vortex_Liam

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Starting to feel/look quite thundery now, I wonder if anything will kick off...

Posted

I'm in Jarrow now and a shower went up right above here, and is now showing rain rates of around 70mm per hour on the Netweather radar as it pushes off the coast.

Also had this very interesting swirl below it and yes it was rotating just a little...

post-3392-000885600 1278786528_thumb.jpg

Day 12 In the Big Brother Netweather House ROTATION.. :doh:

nice one Mark...

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Rained nuts here couldn't even see down the road and now its started again! I think this is enough rain now! Though its fun watching everything flood! I'm very very surprised theres no lightening with this amount of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Day 12 In the Big Brother Netweather House ROTATION.. :doh:

nice one Mark...

:lol:

Every time I see or type the word 'rotation' I think of Mr Rotation himself!

Nice to see something slightly interesting in the UK.

The big showers west of Newcastle are getting pretty close to the city now. It might be worth looking west and north west and they pass by.

Posted

:doh:

Every time I see or type the word 'rotation' I think of Mr Rotation himself!

Nice to see something slightly interesting in the UK.

The big showers west of Newcastle are getting pretty close to the city now. It might be worth looking west and north west and they pass by.

Day 13

Yes looking interesting out here at the moment with the sky full of a thunderstorm look..

Got my eyes peeled on the Heavy showers developing down South West...

Might go out with a bang tonight...who knows

Isnt forecast for here but the UK can be un pre-dictable at best

lovely mega storm over Belgium/Holland

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

I think I just saw lightning to my North!

Edit: just heard a distant rumble :doh:

Edited by alza

Posted

There is a small cell just off Cornwall slowly intensifying on Radar

cant log on to netradar :doh:

edit....first sferic in Cornwal

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

There is a small cell just off Cornwall slowly intensifying on Radar

cant log on to netradar :doh:

Yes Pat....NW radar has detected a lightning strike from that cell..worth keeping an eye on

Posted

Yes Pat....NW radar has detected a lightning strike from that cell..worth keeping an eye on

I cant get netweather at present......but on Sat 24 you can just about see the growth on the loop...IF AND A BIG IF this grows or explodes this would sail straight up towards me on towards the Midlands I think??

and a vindaloo with red wine...thankyou :doh: :lol:

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Hey Pat .. yeah I noticed those cells - by the feel of the weather here today I reckon the whole system has shifted east a couple of hunderd miles - strong cells were meant to be in southern Ireland at this point. I reckon they'll hit south wales and get an oragraphic boost .. you up for a chase ??

sam

Posted

Hey Pat .. yeah I noticed those cells - by the feel of the weather here today I reckon the whole system has shifted east a couple of hunderd miles - strong cells were meant to be in southern Ireland at this point. I reckon they'll hit south wales and get an oragraphic boost .. you up for a chase ??

sam

Hi mate.

If these exploded into something interesting I would be up to mate....no probs... :doh:

Posted

sam

Are yous getting thunder there? Oh i can't beleive that...dry.gif

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

We always miss out :doh:

Ive literally just got back from France after a holiday there, drove the 1,261km back from Menton in the south to Calais over the past two days and missed everything! Couldnt detour for a chase so just saw a few nice Cbs in the distance and suffered the 36+ degree heat. The way down was better last week though :lol:

Posted

the heavy shower as doubled in size so far....

Weather 09....I dont have a great deal of faith myself...BUT i am keeping my eyes open for the unexpected :doh:

Posted

Rather unlikely anything will become of those showery bands of rain towards the south-west and over south-west Wales. Poor lapse rates and little or non-existent instability - though given moist airmass, heavy, perhaps torrential showers are possible. Should mainly affect those regions until early morning, where both NAE and GFS show the precip to die away.

You really must learn to stop being a party pooper.....lol....Us fanatics dont listen to reason and firmly believe that these showers will develop into monstrous storms that'll have people pooping bricks tonight!! :doh:

Posted

I certainly wont throw the towel in while this thing is increasing in strength....rain intensity as increased again with a lightning strike just off Cornwall..

Posted

You really must learn to stop being a party pooper.....lol....Us fanatics dont listen to reason and firmly believe that these showers will develop into monstrous storms that'll have people pooping bricks tonight!! :doh:

Well if it goes the way it did here hes right, it rained torrential rain and still is its nearly flooding and we did not get one bit of thunder, normally that would happen but not this time.

Posted

what is it with us musicians and weather lol .. there must be some connection.

Agree there AJ lol - what is life if you dont have hope hey! actualy I remember not too long ago waking up in my sleepingbag in kent with my girlfriend ringing me in cirencester saying the mcs had gone 150 miles west and she was watching a light show .. you never know when we only have course model guidance to go on what may happen, however slim the chances are (I agree btw).

Sam

Posted

yes the unexpected does happen....

many times in the States..

here is a pic for AJ..

just had a few glasses of red wine and saw the increase down towards Cornwall :doh: :lol:

post-3696-036692300 1278794651_thumb.png

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Just a thought....lapse rates are poor atm due to warm air aloft, but just wondering whether GFS based Lapse rate measurements takes into account nocturnal cooling....to elaborate I've been reading Nick Finnis's storm set-up thread in summer scenarios ....images on sat24 infra-red show quite high cloud tops in those heavy showers, nocturnal cooling would cool the cloud tops, steepening mid-level lapse rates, thus de-stabilizing the warm air aloft triggering possible thunderstorms....Just a thought! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Oh my word! Look at the monster over Switzerland at the moment and the slightly smaller one over Benelux. What I'd give to be over there right now!

Posted

Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow eveing when the instabilty starts to increase and the channel starts to pop up with cells as a trough feature moves through.

The one thing that may need to be watched is in case the whole lot gets shunted east but we won't know that till tomorrow eveing probably.