Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Benelux/france Storm Chase? Your Thoughts

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

weres all the action been? France&Benelux.

So why not go and chase them ?

Posted

nice to see two people interested....

Im off booking a trip to majorca in late August/September...this is when they kick off big time there..

For France Im going to hopefully have a test run this year and then a regular thing there after...

but for me its going to be short notice thing like max 3 days in advance....hopefully guaranteing some nice huge storms in France for Photography....

will let anyone know when Im doin g the test run...and anyone who is interested in joining in.....the more the cheaper

going to check out ferry prices and any bed and breakfast averages in France+ fuel ect...

small issue with transport at present as I have MX5 2 seater....dont fancy travelling in this for chasing so will get another motor...

asoon as this is sorted Im going..

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

FERRIES GOT DOWN TO £60.00 FOR 3 DAYS

B&B AVERAGE FROM 40 EURO'S TO 60 RIGHT ACROSS FRANCE

better still fancy camping..lol

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

FERRIES GOT DOWN TO £60.00 FOR 3 DAYS

B&B AVERAGE FROM 40 EURO'S TO 60 RIGHT ACROSS FRANCE

better still fancy camping..lol

2 days notice you can get the chunnel from £44 return per car off peak times, twas very quick and hassle free (we got one ~8pm)

Stayed in a basic hostel in Calais for (I think) 65 Euros for a three person room. We camped in the Alps for as little as 20 euros a night for 3 people (one big tent) inclusive of electric but I dont know how common campsites are out of the Alps, probably still very common!

Other things to remember are the things you gotta have for driving on French roads: Warning triangle, replacement bulb set, reflective jackets, headlamp converters if you need them and also remember some of the main roads are toll roads.

Ive got a good atlas already and could borrow my friends walkie talkies and I would definitely be up for a trip to see this again.....

img9652mini.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

thanks for your ideas (-:

Posted

I was amazed at the supercell that hit kent ,altho not a violent one, it looked a monster(cloud structure) coming in.

if thats whats over in france then then im floating across on the next round of storms(Cant really)But i really want and need to see them, and to me its not only about what the storm produces, its the structure, the monster on its way ,the development, even night storms light up the mountain, to be in a place were u know there turn up !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

You still doing this? you can count me in if so? but cant go in august though as im going travelling around north america untill the 26th and then im going to Creamfields 2010 on the 28th and 29th!

So if it could be soon then that would be good!

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

REPLY-TO-MESOSCALE

i really cant do july. this thread is for anyone to discuss the options and maybe go for it! i want to have the time and money for it then of course id b going. booking the normal holiday over there would be great and there be a good chance of storms happening in that week, but maybe not , the best thing is a short wkend after model watching, but most people cant do that, it something i am going to do in 2011

Edited by nimbilus