Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

How come the met map has quite a band of rain travelling north-east across much of the country overnight?

For what its worth (hopefully not a lot) their tabular forecasts are showing a lot less heavy showers for me during the day today, but as Im int he east of the west midlands I havent given up hope yet.

Edited by SteveElbows

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Yes I will be very interested to see how it pans out. What time do people think the thunder could start in the UK today?

I saw the Undertaker in a nightclub in Birmingham back in 1993, he was rather tall! I didnt know what to say to him so I asked him if Paul Bearers voice got on his nerves, oops.

LMAO no way!? :aggressive: He must have been with the WWF touring the UK at the time. I think he is about 6'9 in real life. They always over-exaggerate wrestlers weight and height in the shows haha. They billed undertaker as 6'10 and 320lbs when in reality he is probably 6'8 to 6'9 and 290lbs. I remember they used to say Hulk Hogan was 6'7 but in reality he is about 6'4 lol. Nice to see another old skool wrestling fan though! It's not the same nowadays :lol:

I think we will start to get the first reports of thunder around 1-2pm today. I'll go for it being in Western England/Wales or the Midlands. There is a nice blob coming up from France on the radar, seems to be heading for the far East of Kent, probably will clip the coast.

For anyone who hasn't yet tried out the Net Weather radar... I strongly suggest you try it, even if you only buy a month's subscription, it's well worth it in these events.

Posted

why is it that everything seems to fizzle before it hits the Surrey or Hampshire regions :aggressive:

even the Cherbourg cell heading for IOW..is not as potent now

SK..according to the future predictions your in with a good chance

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

yes Paul..I noticed this myself......Southern Coasts could get some torrentail showers later in the night

yes...Andy I do come from Nevada Death Valley....Paul.S picks me up every year for Storm chasing for the plains :aggressive:

The Undertaker lives 4 blocks from me

When you say southern coasts, would say the Isle of wight would be at a good area because im doing a mini IOW storm chase tonight :lol:

Posted

Too early in the day, a bit more sun/heating required I guess :aggressive:

Posted

For anyone who hasn't yet tried out the Net Weather radar... I strongly suggest you try it, even if you only buy a month's subscription, it's well worth it in these events.

funny you say that, ive done just that about 2 hours ago. I started off using meteox but got fed up with all the "noise" to the east of east anglia. I then used rain today but i find it difficult to gauge exactly where the rain is and how heavy it is as its just shades of yellow and red. much prefer the blue to purple scales.

see how it compares today if things get going... well excited for possibly the first storm of the year for me!

Posted

Too early in the day, a bit more sun/heating required I guess :aggressive:

this time it's personal!!

Its like waiting for the 6th June 1944

I hear Georing is sending is MCS fighters to Kent tonight :lol:

might have to shoot down the S/E(hells corner) tonight according to the above image

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Not sure if this was posted in the other thread but TORRO have issued a Tornado Watch and a Convective Discussion.

http://www.torro.org.uk/site/forecast.php

Haha Sammie you are JUST in that red outline :D I think Tornado's happening today is a bit over the top but I will probably be made to eat those words later. I don't know what i'd do if I actually saw a tornado coming towards my house. My boxers would probably turn brown :lol:

Showers looking more potent over Wales now on the 12pm MetO radar. No easterly movement on them at all though, straight south to north track currently.

People in Kent must be getting more excited now as on it's current track the rain/stormss over France are heading north towards the county.

Edited by Steve Vincent

Posted

Wow lol, Drizzly rain currenty though it is very breezy at the moment.

Posted

why is it that everything seems to fizzle before it hits the Surrey or Hampshire regions :lol:

SK..according to the future predictions your in with a good chance

We have Paul's storm shield in place!

Posted

Haha Sammie you are JUST in that red outline :D I think Tornado's happening today is a bit over the top but I will probably be made to eat those words later. I don't know what i'd do if I actually saw a tornado coming towards my house. My boxers would probably turn brown :lol:

Ahahahaha I know I saw it and had a little squeal out loud, being included is about as great as getting a damn storm.

My house got hit by a tornado four years ago, incidently that was the last time we had a storm here, I nearly died of fright...it was awesome!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Nmm 6z run is certainly keen to bring the continental stuff into the southeast corner this pm:

post-2-029321400 1279106173_thumb.png

I noticed that when looking at the radar then i went here to see if someone posted it...

If it dose then 75 mile car drive to dover where the storm will pass over HERE i COME... Nah, might move north 75 miles to me? ROFL I can keep on wanting

Haha Sammie you are JUST in that red outline :D I think Tornado's happening today is a bit over the top but I will probably be made to eat those words later. I don't know what i'd do if I actually saw a tornado coming towards my house. My boxers would probably turn brown :D

Nice!

I think I'd just freeze on the spot not knowing what to do. Then I'd make a mad dash for the camcorder only to realise the memory card is still in the computer :lol:

Posted

Ahahahaha I know I saw it and had a little squeal out loud, being included is about as great as getting a damn storm.

My house got hit by a tornado four years ago, incidently that was the last time we had a storm here, I nearly died of fright...it was awesome!

Wow :D

There was a TORNADO :lol: in my area around 6 years ago, it was around a mile up the road, took a few roof tiles off some houses and blew a few fences down. Only lasted about 30 seconds though and then fizzled out. You could see something thundery today, i'd say you have a better chance than me!

Edited: As there is No such thing as a M*** Tornado :D

Posted

We have Paul's storm shield in place!

plenty of time yet Beckka...though Im getting impatient...the radar seems to be in limbo....not much change

Posted

Nice!

I think I'd just freeze on the spot not knowing what to do. Then I'd make a mad dash for the camcorder only to realise the memory card is still in the computer :lol:

Haha! I wouldn't make a mad dash for the camcorder i'd make a mad dash under the bed and then to the toilet when the tornado moved away :D

Posted

Wow :lol:

There was a mini tornado in my area around 6 years ago, it was around a mile up the road, took a few roof tiles off some houses and blew a few fences down. Only lasted about 30 seconds though and then fizzled out. You could see something thundery today, i'd say you have a better chance than me!

It had been sorta thundering in the distance all day really sloowly not much action, then there was a big boom above the house and it went pitch black and silent. So me being me looks out my bedroom window and up and was all "oh...thats unnerving." WEnt to the other side of the house to look out the back and theres the most pathetic excuse for a tornado you have ever seen in your life. I just sorta stood there and went "MUM GET IN THE BATHROOM NOW!" And we hid in the bathtub...over reaction much?

ANyway went right over the house, knocked over a few garden knomes. Ruffled the plants a bit...thats it.

Posted

Very dark to my SW, W and S, we are about to get a very heavy downpour :lol:

Posted

There is a nice line of rain just to my south but its just a teensy bit west of me so Im not sure if I will get the juicy bit or not.

Edited by SteveElbows

Posted

Nice red blobs creeping up towards Pairs currently, which is under fog!!!!

Eiffel tower webcam