Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Liam

No it will pass to your West - You might catch the "Eastern Edge of the Shower" is what I said

It will pass close to Reading and Slough on Current Loop

Paul S

sorry :o ...

Winds picking up still muggy... Looks like things could turn thundery at some points mabe if i get a shower then it might just might turn thundery

Posted

yes true...But if it carried on growing...how huge will it be and how electrical remains to be seen...

Its giving off lightning now....

Twice as big and growing.....

I hope intensity stays or grows i cant see any reason why it would die out.

Posted

Lol - there's a few of us here, including one within shouting distance of me :o

do you you any great places to view the skies? I regularly go to fen drayton nature reserve as you can see for miles in all directions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

yes true...But if it carried on growing...how huge will it be and how electrical remains to be seen...

Its giving off lightning now....

Twice as big and growing.....

guess 3 hrs away to hit east Plymouth

Where it will start to die out as we get past 6pm :o

Posted

Yeah, that would be a monster going nuts...

Strikes every 2 mins that would be mint

lol...thats to long for me every two minutes..

lets have some 4 per second..lol...like Texas

Andy I dont reckon............The IOW cell slightly died as it crossed water but got re- invigurated again

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Moderate Convective Shower over C London at present moving straight North

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Did you get a bad storm in July 2006? I was on holiday in Wales and it was that week when it was 30c+ nearly everyday lol. My grandad told me that back in Leicester they had some big storms, I guess Notts did too, didn't see any in Wales though!

Ya know what- I cant remember, which makes me want to say 'no'. I did go to America to visit my family that summer, and I remember my mate who lived with me at the time saying they had some big storms while I was away ( :o typical) so it might have been then, or most likely it would have been the ACME Nottingham storm sheild in affect, as I recall after 2004/05 there was always the threat of storms, and none would hit NG5. Places 10 miles away would get them, and I would just get thunderheads to take photos of, and a few rumbles, but nowt else... This past June was the best storm we've had for about 5-6 years here- seriously

Posted

BBC Radio 1 newsbeat Lightning strike over france struck a power station creating a power surge which has affected homes all over the country

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Some sferics in the west of Ireland. Pity they aren't southerly moving storms!

Posted

give us some of this plzzzzz

:D :o

i should be soo lucky

from Storm chase 2009...Paul Timmer and team

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Currently in Bradford and nothing happening here other than it being cloudy.

Are areas from Lincolnshire up through the Humber and into NE England still looking good for later. There is a lot of talk about everything dying out this evening which is when I was expecting things to kick off in these parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

Sat under that shower between Birmingham and Nottingham on the radar, cant decide what to do! I would go sit on the A46 between Leicester & Newark on Trent to wait and see what develops this afternoon but now the Southern half of the UK looking better, especially looking at that little line of storms just off the coast of NW France now, heading IOW way by the look of it. Is the NE now not so favoured or are there promising signs over the London area of things sparking off for further North later?

Posted

Sat under that shower between Birmingham and Nottingham on the radar, cant decide what to do! I would go sit on the A46 between Leicester & Newark on Trent to wait and see what develops this afternoon but now the Southern half of the UK looking better, especially looking at that little line of storms just off the coast of NW France now, heading IOW way by the look of it. Is the NE now not so favoured or are there promising signs over the London area of things sparking off for further North later?

yea thats the baby I reckon that going to hit West of IOW..later...still growing and rain fall rate still very heavy..

IOW radar given off sferics from it....

wish I had a car :o

Posted

TBH i would come south...

Posted

Currently in Bradford and nothing happening here other than it being cloudy.

Are areas from Lincolnshire up through the Humber and into NE England still looking good for later. There is a lot of talk about everything dying out this evening which is when I was expecting things to kick off in these parts.

Not looking good for these area :o. SW, Central parts/ Midlands, NW areas to get the action.

Going to stay mostly dry around these neck of the woods, be very lucky to get a storm.

Edited by North Sea Breeze

Posted

wondering IF that cell carries on intensifying if it will swing up into the East midlands for early evening...

or wishfull thinking

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

News from my contact at home (my wife :o ) it has stopped raining, but looks like it will start again soon, no thunder or lightning. I am 35 miles further North and it is starting to get darker here, looking at the radar we could soon get the same shower that passed over my home 30 mins or so ago. Showers seem to be moving N - NNW at the moment.

Posted

ONE LAST GRAB..or i will be shot by Paul

Brest Coast....heading???north somewhere for later and electric and still growing

post-3696-099199300 1279112458.txt

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

wondering IF that cell carries on intensifying if it will swing up into the East midlands for early evening...

or wishfull thinking

Looking at the LP swirl Pat, I would reckon that cell will swing up further west, and will pass near your neck of the woods

Posted

ONE LAST GRAB..or i will be shot by Paul

Brest Coast....heading???north somewhere for later and electric

You really are desperate lol! especially after your posts last night.

Just sit back, relax, watch and admire nature do it's thing, if a beasty cell hits, it hits, if it dont it dont.

Posted

Bottom part of cell north of reading top looking like it will go through reading.

Posted

Looking at the LP swirl Pat, I would reckon that cell will swing up further west, and will pass near your neck of the woods

lol..yes I did want to say that but...I didnt wont to jinx it...

North Sea...Im a fanatic with storms... :rolleyes:

spent a fortune on chasing them over the years...great hobbie...but frustrating in the little Island

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Jeez, the WWF??......the World Wildlife Fund??.....lol.....you still watch it now, dont you mate?...c'mon, own up......anyway, off topic, but the Undertaker was/is pants...everyone knows the Ultimate Warrior was the best :80:

Lmao!! I gotta be honest... I don't watch it on Sky anymore but I did watch a few videos on Youtube when Bret Hart came back :rolleyes:

Seems to be a heavy shower up your way... Is there anything happening?