Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

Just starting to rain here now. Just getting the edge of the shower/showers that developed over central london. smile.gif Had to run and get the washing in off the line!

Posted

lol..yes I did want to say that but...I didnt wont to jinx it...

North Sea...Im a fanatic with storms... :rolleyes:

You dont have to say, I can clearly see lol!

I bet your the type to sit on top of a house roof to get a better view of a supercell overhead lmao.

Good luck on storms today, I need more than luck today lol.

Posted

:rolleyes: Hey I didnt realise you had footage of the June 5th 2010 storm that hit Nottingham!!! LOL!!!

lol...yes that was give to me by URI GELLAR...this is for later :80:

You dont have to say, I can clearly see lol!

I bet your the type to sit on top of a house roof to get a better view of a supercell overhead lmao.

Good luck on storms today, I need more than luck today lol.

lol......mate I have had a bolt of lightning go over my head in Spain on top of a hill....they only way to get the shot..lol.....my mother used to say oneday your get killed by one....got to go some time :lol:

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Some decent breaks in the cloud here, and starting to look quite stormy to the south.

Nothing even close on radar, but some of these clouds look very close to precipitating, and there's a couple with decent bases.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

About turn then, Should listen to my own rule, never head North! lol. Hope next time I stop things are still following a similar pattern :rolleyes:

Posted

lol...yes that was give to me by URI GELLAR...this is for later :rolleyes:

lol......mate I have had a bolt go over my head in Spain..lol.....my mother used to say oneday your get killed by one....got to go some time

lol,

I came close one time whilst in Cornwall, well infact I have come close to being struck a fair few times.

I always say, when its time to go, I want it to be aided by the weather, bolt of lightning, tornado, hurricane, blizzards, but not flooding please lol :80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Reading through the different sites and forecasts it would appear things don't look as favourable as those thoughts last night. I think cloud cover is posing a problem - certainly here it has remained overcast all day. Can see showers are developing though, I am just hoping they start to turn thundery soon. I have my camcorder charged and my car ready to go... but nothing to see yet.

Was planning on heading towards the Humber, but my plans may have to change.

And I was an old wrestling fan too. Infact I only stopped watching it a few years back. Stone Cold Steve Austin best ever IMO :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

post-4149-052596100 1279112994_thumb.png

Lmao!! I gotta be honest... I don't watch it on Sky anymore but I did watch a few videos on Youtube when Bret Hart came back :rolleyes:

Seems to be a heavy shower up your way... Is there anything happening?

There are some beefy cells firing up now in the west midlands...(see radar grab for details).....atm, they're flowing north to south, so I'm in that dry slot for the time being....Overhead, milky sunshine interspersed with scud, quite a lot of high cloud around atm

Posted

Some decent breaks in the cloud here, and starting to look quite stormy to the south.

Nothing even close on radar, but some of these clouds look very close to precipitating, and there's a couple with decent bases.

hi mark,just come back over the tops (hawkburn head) and it looks good to our south from up there.

very windy but as warm as anything.

Posted

lol..at the comments..

anyway looks like a trough forming from Devon to the Brest....no need for a car....

just sit in the garden tonight and wait for the evening storms :rolleyes:

Posted

Reading through the different sites and forecasts it would appear things don't look as favourable as those thoughts last night. I think cloud cover is posing a problem - certainly here it has remained overcast all day. Can see showers are developing though, I am just hoping they start to turn thundery soon. I have my camcorder charged and my car ready to go... but nothing to see yet.

Was planning on heading towards the Humber, but my plans may have to change.

And I was an old wrestling fan too. Infact I only stopped watching it a few years back. Stone Cold Steve Austin best ever IMO :rolleyes:

I was going to do a chase later, but even last night i had a feeling Eastern areas would stay mostly dry, ill keep you updated, if things look interesting i'll be around the humber area, if you head this way could meet up.

If you want my honest opinion, I would say the best chance would be 4-5pm onwards, showers should start kicking off around 3pm, main question of course is will they become organised and will they contain electrics.

regards

lewis

Posted

hi all..... several heavy burst of rain around here earlier, left a few puddles but all dried quickly, getting a few sunny spells and its warm when they come! whats the chances of us here having something to look out the window at? not had a single rumble all year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Wonder if the mods will keep letting me post off-topic stuff if I keep plugging Net Weather stuff...

Everyone go and buy the radar or the Net Weather Extra, you can view models that cannot be seen on the free section of the site.

:rolleyes:

Posted

some fantastic shapes on Sat 24 visual now in France.....wouldnt be surprised if they are supercells

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

WHAT?

WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

:rolleyes:

If you want widespread supercells with continuous lightning... and a beer (WHAT)... GIVE ME A HELL YEAH!!!!

North Sea Breeze - if the forecasts from last night are still correct then some decent storms should be around the Humber during the evening hours, but I am thinking the forecasts have changed. Correct me if I am wrong.

Still only just gone 2pm yet though, plenty of time for things to go bang!

Posted

anyway looks like a trough forming from Devon to the Brest....no need for a car....

Certainly looks that way and fits in with previous forecasts. Cells to the West of CI are moving NE but a clear line of cells developing North of that and swinging N/NE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

some fantastic shapes on Sat 24 visual now in France.....wouldnt be surprised if they are supercells

Mate, they look awesome...here's the sat images in visible light and infra-red (images courtesy www.sat24.com)

post-4149-072869500 1279113579_thumb.gif

post-4149-032431600 1279113611_thumb.gif

Posted

Mate, they look awesome...here's the sat images in visible light and infra-red (images courtesy www.sat24.com)

post-4149-072869500 1279113579_thumb.gif

post-4149-032431600 1279113611_thumb.gif

AJ...rows of them :rolleyes:

IF ONLY

on a positive not.....the Brest storms are v ery lively and electrical

Edited by Pat Carter

Crikey, the shower to my south between Brum and Notts has suddnely skirted to the west meaning it'll pass over the pennines and we'll stay dry! I was expecting a SW-NE movement not S-NW! Strange!

Posted

AJ...rows of them :rolleyes:

IF ONLY

on a positive not.....the Brest storms are v ery lively elctrical

Tell me about it.....they're training back right to the south of France now, and exploding along the line.....On a sober note though, its looks a potentially very dangerous situation for eastern france and the low countries, sad to say that this storm system will make the headlines in those areas, for the wrong reasons :80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had 2 showers thismorning, suns finally broked through the cloud and it feels warm and a bit humid! Not sure we will get anything though, clouds seem to be moving southeast - north/northwest

Posted

Supacell, clouding over here, some pretty nice cloud formations, certainly some bases firing up.

Wind has picked up a little also.

lewis

Edited by North Sea Breeze

Posted

well if the future radar is to believed then Wiltshire..Sidmouth ect will be hit from the Brest Storms around 4.pm

Edited by Pat Carter