Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

More space here to discuss current and any likely, upcoming thunderstorms h074.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Getting nice and dark to my NE now!!!!! OOOooo spoiled for choice for once in my life!!! Cells to my NE AND my NW!!!!!!!

:lol:

Radar is LOOKING MIGHTY FINE!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just had a short sharp shower here, very large drops but no real content, no apparent change in wind or temp so it's probably coming but just a bit dis-organised at the moment!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Nothing here yet, might see a light shower from the south in the next 10mins or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It's looking more promising than I thought for thunder here today.

I just put the CAPE and Lifted index over the Net Weather radar (That was not a plug, but if you are watching Paul... I take cash :lol: ) and it shows 700 CAPE over my area with a lifted index of -2.5. Come on stormys, come to papa :lol:

Posted

Lol @ Harry

If Leanne was out and about in SE1 She will concur. 2 other posters from Ukww also reported it, one from Islington and one from the West End.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

I CAN REPORT THUNDER BEING HEARD NOW IN NOTTINGHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

Goin upstairs to my skylight and hangin me head out to take photos. Very explosive CBs as well with really defined edges!!!!! Be back in a bit!!!!!!

Posted

radar is very messy atm, full of random spots of convection. No organised bands any more around somerset/wiltshire/gloucester as far as I can see anyway. Could get interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I CAN REPORT THUNDER BEING HEARD NOW IN NOTTINGHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Goin upstairs to my skylight and hangin me head out to take photos. Very explosive CBs as well with really defined edges!!!!! Be back in a bit!!!!!!

LOL!! I was just about to say that the N-W radar had confirmed that the heavy shower in Nottinghamshire was electrical :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Looks like the concrete jungle UHI effect turning showers into storms over central London atm. Dry so far here and expect it to stay that way!

Very 'pulse' like the convection today, with rain cooled downdrafts falling straight downwards and quickly stifling updrafts due to lack of wind shear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Me neither........

Rain started here an hour or so ago and has been getting gradually heavier. NW radar shows that nothing is moving here and the rain area is growing and intensifying. If this keeps up it really will be a home-grown storm!

To the south, over Lincs, there are loads of heavy showers that also have not moved. There will be severe localised flooding in places I fear.

Interesting day...

Posted

There has been a line of heavy/Very heavy showers just to my west since about 9am this morning. Here we have had... nothing. :yahoo: Looks like the lows circulation and positioning will continue to take showers away form me as they form. Sigh... normal service continues.

Edited by StormMad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I quite fancy my chances of getting a thunderstorm or two in Norwich today- it's quite a reliable setup for it here, and the convective towers are already building up.

In the meantime I notice my old homeland of Tyne and Wear has its traditional low cloud and drizzle (11C at South Shields) while the rest of England and Wales gets sun, showers and thunderstorms- the sort of days when being told how lucky I was to escape the heavy downpours was particularly infuriating. Not my problem today though.

I think even if Norwich doesn't see a thunderstorm there should be some good cloudscapes this afternoon and evening.

Posted

If you put BA12 into NW radar zoom then watch how a shower moved hardly anywhere between around 07.00-11.00

and in that time seemed to dumb-bell around and change direction a few times.

Evidence of today's potential is that we've just had over 5mm of rain falling from the anvil of a CB in 15 minutes!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Just had another crazily intense downpour here in Crewe. Stupid amounts of surface water about now and would imagine there are some localised flooding problems in the area. Strangely no thunder heard though.

Aaron

Posted

LOL!! I was just about to say that the N-W radar had confirmed that the heavy shower in Nottinghamshire was electrical :yahoo:

:yahoo:

It is BA-LACK out to my NE, but the storm is so slooooooooooow that I came down to write. I saw 1 lightning, and the thunder is the long rolling type that travels all around you. The clouds look really cool, and its MASSIVE. Its so slow though ,that it is barely moving. If you look at the radar you can see it growing but barely moving hahaha!! Im all poised lookin out my skylight. My neighbours have brickies makin a wall across the road, Im sure they think Im so mad lunatic hangin out the skylight hahaha :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Job done......home at one. Now out chasing!!!! Gonna be a great day!! Just have to latch onto the right storm......keep your eyes peeled Gav :yahoo: lol

Chow :-D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Nothin round here.

A few cu, But nothing to get excited about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

M25 flooded.

From LBC

M25 Clockwise Between J11 A317 (Chertsey) and J12 M3 (Thorpe Interchange)

Two lanes blocked and queueing traffic due to flooding

Lanes three and four (Of four) are obstructed by flooding. Delays in the area are not helped by an earlier vehicle fire between J10 and J11. Gully suckers are expected on scene to remove the water shortly.

Updated: 12:14pm on 22nd July 2010

Severity: Urgent

Posted

Alot of these showers around my area are very slow moving some arnt moving at all especially in SE Wales.