Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

small cell forming near reading east reading :crazy:

Guest FireStorm

Sounds like some cracking storms happening for quite a few people! Excellent to see though I'm still pretty jealous.

Enjoy the storms for those that do get them and make sure to get us poor folks missing out piccies and videos!drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

:crazy: Its worse here, we're about three feet above sea level at home, so get no snow at all when it drops, although, I do get to see the big storms screaming off the Peak District in the distance every now and then, and we had a lovely one up the Trent Valley last year as well, about ten miles east of me.

You're going to hate this, but that bright pink splodge thats currently over Mansfield appears to be heading for my neck of the woods..

CHECK OUT MY LATEST RADAR NOW!!! Its UNREAL THIS

post-8050-013169700 1279804444_thumb.png

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

The cell north of Nottingham has my (S18) name on it. I've been following the track, it's very slowly heading north and will eventually start swinging a little westwards as well.

I'm literally willing it to keeps it's intensity (or get more intense!) and make it here eventually. Maybe by 4pm it'll be here :crazy: No idea though!

@Crimson - if you have it on smoothed also choose Traditional, the colours are brighter and everything looks more intense! :rofl:

I haven't given up hope yet....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

is there thunder from the boscombe down cell ?

I think that's the direction it came from, be fairly certain it's heading your way

Posted

It shows how desperate things are this year when a shower of rain, a spot of dark colour on the radar, or one rumble of thunder produces a flurry of posting!!!! :crazy:

Perhaps Paul Sherman should open a Thunderstorm theme park along the lines of Chessington or Thorpe and give us the real taste of American weather?

Posted

It appears to be South Yorkshire bound, although I can't be sure whether its going to hook east of Doncaster and head up the Trent Valley, like a few storms have done in the past.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

CHECK OUT MY LATEST RADAR NOW!!! Its UNREAL THIS

and in contrast look at what is heading for LE3 :crazy:

neither have I, although the cell north of Notts is refusing to track westwards at all, seems like it might miss here to the east. Unfortunately visibility is awful so I won't be able to see it pass by!

Loads of cells to the south now, if they weren't moving so slowly I'd be excited, but I imagine they'll die out by the time they reach here (if they reach here at all!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

It shows how desperate things are this year when a shower of rain, a spot of dark colour on the radar, or one rumble of thunder produces a flurry of posting!!!! :crazy:

Perhaps Paul Sherman should open a Thunderstorm theme park along the lines of Chessington or Thorpe and give us the real taste of American weather?

Im in!!! How much for a season ticket!

250px-Rollingthunderentrance.JPG

Posted

thats got to be the best red x areas Ive seen for two yrs.....and im very peeeeeved :crazy:

going to jump in the car later around 5..into oblivion

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

:rofl:

I thought that when I posted how disapointed I was not to have heard the rumble of thunder Paul S heard in Central London earlier today. I've never known it to be quite so poor storm wise in the SE as it is this year!

Posted

Lol it is desperate isnt it!

Most of the people that come Chasing get sick of the Lightning after a few days out there :angry: :lol: Even Harry was eating a Meat Feast and watching the Tv when a Huge MCS Was ongoing in Concordia (Kansas) :rofl:

Remember a few years back Nick F and a few of us were sick of the sight of a 700 Mile long Thunderstorm line in Weatherford (Oklahoma) and we just wanted to get some sleep.

Sigh - Happy Days

Cant wait until next year.

Posted

Excellent if Pit is not writing it off yet we will be ok ...... got the radio on medium flavour here and i got the best storm in years even if its only crackle !!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well it would attract a lot of visitors, mostly all from Net Weather !!

post-10773-046488300 1279805530_thumb.jp

Posted

mate Im coming Im on my way after i get the stupid car back..lol

anvils to my south and east here :crazy::rofl:

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

thats got to be the best red x areas Ive seen for two yrs.....and im very peeeeeved :girl_devil:

going to jump in the car later around 5

Yarr Keeping an eye on that bunch south of us., creeping our way ever so slowly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T-storms

Looks like stuff along the M4 corridor has "exploded" in the past 30 mins or so, heading NEwards... Of interest :girl_devil:

...Coupled with the fact it's only 14:30, this afternoon/evening could be pretty interesting...

Posted

Yarr Keeping an eye on that bunch south of us., creeping our way ever so slowly

Joey,Joey..but look at the storms north they look nasty...

I just have to sit and wait for a car,that wont be until gone 6pm

last time i saw this amount of red x's was two yrs ago I think in the Southj East..or am I wrong

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

mate Im coming

anvils to my south and east here :cray: :cray:

:girl_devil::help:

Steady on old chap

Its not that good surely :rofl: