Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ratings Out Of Ten For The Summer So Far In Your Location!

Ratings Out Of Ten For The Summer So Far In Your Location!  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Out Of Ten What Would You Rate This Summer So Far At Your Location?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I'm down grading Julie's score now to 1/10, meaning that the summer so far gets 4/10 from me.

Ratings for the year so far from me:

Jan: 2/10

Feb: 1/10

Mar: 3/10

Apr: 6/10

May: 4/10

Jun: 7/10

Jul: 1/10

Average: 3.4

As compared with the score for 2008: 5.3/10

And score for 2009: 3.4

So far we need to see a huge improvement to get a decent score. Last year also received a poor score, as I base scores on the amount of weather I like (thunderstorms and heat) as well as variation in weather conditions, which this year and last have seen nothing of (where I live).

Maybe this year more then many its really does depend where you live. Had a load of snow in North Oxfordshire followed by a fair amount of summer warmth.

Jan 9/10

Feb 8/10

Mar 6/10

Apr 6/10

May 6/10

June 7/10

July 7/10

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Maybe this year more then many its really does depend where you live. Had a load of snow in North Oxfordshire followed by a fair amount of summer warmth.

Jan 9/10

Feb 8/10

Mar 6/10

Apr 6/10

May 6/10

June 7/10

July 7/10

Well, I used to live in Berkshire, and most Julies were generally warm, so of course the rubbish I put up with up here might well bias my ratings a little bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Poor Julie, I hope she doesn't mind.

I've only just realised who/what Julie is/was!

If we're rating the months so far, I would give:

Jan 10/10

Feb 8/10

Mar 6/10

Apr 7/10

May 5/10

June 7/10

July 6/10

Fantastic start to the year, "meh" middle so far!

Posted

I've only just realised who/what Julie is/was!

If we're rating the months so far, I would give:

Jan 10/10

Feb 8/10

Mar 6/10

Apr 7/10

May 5/10

June 7/10

July 6/10

Fantastic start to the year, "meh" middle so far!

A little tip:

July = singular "this july is rainy"

Julies = used to describe an attribute of the month, example "this Julies been rainy" or plural "the last few Julies were shyyyyyytte"

But correct grmar would be "this July's been "

Edited by Paul
Removed swearing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

May as well balance the books by giving approximate scores for Norwich, and also for Cleadon using the aforementioned system:

Norwich: January 7/10, February 5/10, March 6/10, April 7/10, May 8/10, June 8/10, average 6.8/10

Cleadon: January 7.0, February 5.4, March 5.6, April 7.2, May 6.9, June 6.2, average 6.4/10

Overall pretty good. On the Cleadon version, if this keeps up for the rest of the year the mean will be the highest since 2003. Although I appreciate that July has indeed been pretty pants over much of the west- for the 4th year in succession.

Posted

Im downgrading Telford's score from 4 to a 2 now, i was being far to generous before, there's not many occasions you can say March was sunnier than July.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

A little tip:

July = singular "this july is rainy"

Julies = used to describe an attribute of the month, example "this Julies been rainy" or plural "the last few Julies were shyyyyyytte"

But correct grmar would be "this July's been "

I'm no expert on the English language, but I don't think that's right.

Edited by Paul
Removed swearing in quoted post

Posted

An excellent June followed by (so far) an above average July. Very dry most of the time - in fact most of July's rain so far fell in one torrential thunderstorm last Thursday evening. Overall it's not quite like, say, 1976, but respectable. 8/10 for me so far.

Posted

Summers seem to be settling into a pattern here in the far west, as well as the north west. May and June turning out to be the driest months, June was especially warm here, as we head into July, the weather breaks and once it breaks, it stays broke. A great start but those clear warm/hot days seem a distant memory now....7/10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, I used to live in Berkshire, and most Julies were generally warm, so of course the rubbish I put up with up here might well bias my ratings a little bit.

Were they the Julies at the Reading festival? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

I've given a 9 in the vote from me. Eastbourne has well been living up to its reputation for being the sunniest resort in the UK and we have had pretty much non-stop glorious weather since mid-May or thereabouts. June was beautiful - the BBQ has been well used this year - and although slightly cooler July is holding its own so far. Only knocked 1 point off for lack of T-Storms IMO they shd go hand-in-hand with hot weather but so far this area has been sadly lacking

Posted

I've given a 9 in the vote from me. Eastbourne has well been living up to its reputation for being the sunniest resort in the UK and we have had pretty much non-stop glorious weather since mid-May or thereabouts. June was beautiful - the BBQ has been well used this year - and although slightly cooler July is holding its own so far. Only knocked 1 point off for lack of T-Storms IMO they shd go hand-in-hand with hot weather but so far this area has been sadly lacking

Yep, agree with that - a 9 from me based on Eastbourne's continued reputation!

Posted

Well June was OK so I gave that 7/10 but July is garbage, very dull so it has 2 /10, so the overall score is 4.5.

perhaps Richard, and noting your later comments, you are not yet really acclimatised to life in the hills of the Derbyshire Peak District.

I'm not sure if you have your own weather station but this is one link to give you an idea over the past few years of what rainfall, temperatures etc to expect.

http://www.buxtonweather.co.uk/rainsunchartwebsite.htm

but of course you will do quite well for snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

It has been a great summer so far. The week leading up to Easter we had a patio laid, it took them a week and a half and it chucked it down. From Easter Saturday, I've sat on that patio vitually every night since. Now, the beginning of May wasn't great, but I seem to have forgiven it as the weather has been quite acceptable and just what I would now expect of summer every year. A few thunderstorms would be nice and it has beeen a bit grey this week, but I can't remember the last time I wore a coat...or a jumper at that. Brilliant:good:

Posted

Was gonna say 8, but think I might put it up to a 9 now. Been absolutely cracking, both when in Nottingham (had a tremendous thunderstorm on the evening of 5th June), and back in Bournemouth. Only criticism is an odd one, and that some more rain would be appreciated, but not a lot! And the partly cloudy days that don't really make their minds up. But every time I see a forecast saying rain or cloud, it's normally wrong here, and it's been fantastic lately! pardon.gif

I'll give it 6.5 (but I have put 6 in the poll, and 7 is not really an option. )

June was dry and bright or sunny. 8/10

July has been very disappointing indeed. 4 or 5/10

After this past week, July has been upgraded to a 5/10.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

After this week July is starting to loose marks! If that Atlantic high remains I can't see myself awarding 8/10 for summer like I did earlier this week.

Posted

June scored a 9 for me...a super month in the main with plenty of sunshine and high temperature days. Would have scored a 10 had there been any decent thundery activity but nonetheless a great month.

July only gets a 3...an absolutely turgid month of seemingly endless drab dull days...humid drizzly nothingness.....totally forgettable and uninspiring.

Overall the summer scores a 6...now lets see what August brings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Ever since I rated summer an 8 the weather's gone downhill, cooler, cloudy, in need of socks on today :nonono: Maybe if I hadn't waxed on about how great it was, the sun would still be out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I am thinking of revising July down to a 6 for Norwich- there have been three dramatic cloudbursts in the second half, so not devoid of excitement here, but it has not been impressive sunshine wise. I know I won't be popular for saying this... but I much preferred last July. :D The heat and sunshine in the first half is the main thing keeping the score above half-marks.

But the summer still falls into the good category so far because June got an 8.

Posted

I agree with you TWS about last July.

lets see what august comes with before making a rating for the summer,as a drizzly shower has just started exciting.

This so far has been the least thundery summer since 2002 with just 1 day,this summer or early June 3 days.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Hmmm I would give June a 9/10 as it was a great month for sunshine and warmth but more thundery activity would of resulted in a 10. I will give July a 7/10 as there was a hot spell at the beginning of the month, and overall the month has been dry and mostly average. So far 8/10 for the summer but I do not expect August to be similar to June so its unlikely this rating will be any higher IMO.