Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

How was your July weather?

Posted

Well the average amount of sunshine hours here for July according to the 1971-2000 average is 191.6, it should be the sunniest month of the year.

The current total has been a shocking 85 hours which is just 44% of the average for July, making it the dullest month since February and it's obvious that the sun won't make an appearance this week with the murk just flying in, has anyone else got an even lower sunshine total?

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Where can I find the numbers?

Not had much sun here. Enough to give me a nice tan though. Lol.

Yes it has been very dull this July in the west midlands, today is another grey overcast day, its all these warm humid TM airmasses from the southwest that is the problem bringing lots of cloud cover thats why i prefer PM airmasses as they bring lovely clear blue skies and a lovely crispness to the weather and still a strong sun so perfect but by July i'm afraid PM airmasses are in very short supply as it they have retreated to the far north atlantic, from mid August these airmasses start to move south so hopefully we'll be able to pull in some then.

Temps currently quite abit below average in alot of parts.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/cgiaktgraph?ART=karte&LANG=en&JJ=2010&MM=07&TT=26&TIME=1230&TYP=temperatur&KEY=MID&TIME=1280145069

Posted

Absolutely. This July has been a disgusting bloody mess of cloud, drizzle, rain and garbage here. Utter bull-oaks. Here we have STILL had under 80 hours of sun. IT'S NOT SUMMER. I am sick of it, not least since I get Seasonal Affective Disorder, and this month has been worse than ever, especially as it's supposed to be SUMMER. I'd take July 2007 again over this crap.

Posted

We have just smashed the 75 mm mark making this the wettest month of the year so far beating January.

really dark murky and wet out their today.

It pains me to say but I think we up on the isle of lewis have had the best of our summer weather, only 22 mm last month.

looking at the data from local weather website the amount of rainfall this time last year steadily increased month by month up to November.

http://www.hebwx.co.uk/wxlive.php

this month has truly been a really bad month for the weather.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Whats it been like in terms of temperature, its looked pretty cool going from the BBC forecasts.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Seems a dull July yes, probably not a record breaker though.

Aberporth from a reckon up of weatheronline looks on about 105 hours, so not going to get near to the average which is around 200 hours. However, although its going to be one of the dullest July's of recent decades it will not beat 1944 that saw only 112 hours!

Aberporth historical data MO

As for the West Midlands, not so unusual, Coventry is presently on 130 hours which is 80% of average:

Bablake weather station

Posted

...and back to leaden skies. This month has resembled the album cover of Faith by The Cure.

I have to say 85 hours for Telford in the last week of July is exceptionally dull. Trawling through the monthly data for Shawbury going back to 1946, the dullest July was that of 1965 with a total of 104.5 hours of sunshine.

Posted

Shawbury has done really well compared to here at times this month for sunshine, i think the most notable occasion was Saturday 3rd July when Shawbury had 10 hours whilst here had just over 5, i think Shawbury would of had at least 100 hours this month though theres nowhere to check.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Here there has been 146 mms in July, well over double the next highest this year [60 mms in May] and more than April, May and June combined. 53 mms in January, mostly as snow, is the next after May with 53 mms.

ps Cookie, I was in Lewis last week and by all accounts it was much drier there than at home in Dundee. However everyone was complaining abut the previous weeks rain and wind.

Edited by Norrance

Posted

I can believe this (here in Southport), I HATE this weather, grey, humid, drizzle! summer always comes and goes in May/June here!

Posted

I drove away from 'Wet Warrington' today this morning to clear the band of rain over head. Destination Southport, Arrived and couldn't see the end of the pier for drizzle. Then it got heavier, gave up at 3pm and headed home. :wallbash:

Posted

Don't have any figures for here, but I have commented on how dull it has been - surely we must be well below the average - its been a very dissapointing July.

Posted

Its easily been the wettest month so far this year nearly 10 inches of the stuff nearly double the amount we saw in March our wettest month so far.

Why oh why did the heavens have to open in what is our true summer month - they could have at least waited until traditional wet August..

Posted

Whats it been like in terms of temperature, its looked pretty cool going from the BBC forecasts.

20oC max so far and really can't see it getting much warmer.

Here there has been 146 mms in July, well over double the next highest this year [60 mms in May] and more than April, May and June combined. 53 mms in January, mostly as snow, is the next after May with 53 mms.

ps Cookie, I was in Lewis last week and by all accounts it was much drier there than at home in Dundee. However everyone was complaining abut the previous weeks rain and wind.

yeah we had a week where we 3 storms in the space of about 9 days, so people where complain about the weather, their might not be large amounts of rain but more the fact their has been so little sunshine

Posted

Looking at the 18z i think i shall start making trips to the South East to see the sun again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Despite the fact we've missed most of the heavy rain here it has been a very cloudy month. Just over 80 hrs sunshine so far which, if it continues in the same vein, is likely to make it the dullest July since 1965.

Still, 5 days to go so better not count the chickens too early.

Posted

For the North West this month is a rinse and repeat of the dreadful August 2008. Buxton is still at 77 hours bright sunshine, and approaching 100mm of rain so far this month. No improvement in the forecast either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Luckily for the residents of Appleby, the gloom of the sky is lifted by my smiling face and sunny disposition.

Let alone when you bend to tie your shoelaces eh OON ?

Posted

For the North West this month is a rinse and repeat of the dreadful August 2008. Buxton is still at 77 hours bright sunshine, and approaching 100mm of rain so far this month. No improvement in the forecast either.

Go to the link I gave you earlier today to see what the rain and sun totals for July have been,

It IS the Peak District NOT Surbiton mate!

http://www.buxtonweather.co.uk/rainsunchartwebsite.htm