Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

How was your July weather?

Posted

Apparently there's been 2 hours of sunshine today though im baffled on how, it clearly must of been between 5-7am.

Posted

The sun made a rare appearance late this afternoon and it has been a very pleasant evening with clearing skies, it seems ages since we have had a nice evening and it has put me in a good mood - definately changed the feel of the day compared to recent weeks which have just seen relentless cloud. It really has been a woefully dull July. I am sun starved.

Posted

Make that - exceptionally grey for the South Midlands also. It only seems to clear up about 7pm everynight.

Yes same here, there was not a single cloud in the sky all last night, yet now there's the odd spot of rain and its overcast and chilly yet again.

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Paul, July 28, 2010 - Breaking forum guidelines
Hidden by Paul, July 28, 2010 - Breaking forum guidelines

Go to the link I gave you earlier today to see what the rain and sun totals for July have been,

It IS the Peak District NOT Surbiton mate!

http://www.buxtonwea...hartwebsite.htm

:cray:

I use that website every day to log sunshine hours data on top of my own recorded weather data, for goodness sake. I have rain and sun totals on my own weather records spreadsheet and have been doing it since 2007!

78 hours of sunshine is well below the average of all the other July's in his records. Peak district or whatever, that total is awful. Your attitude "it's the peak district so you should expect it" is ridiculous, someone else on the forum has already pointed out that this is our dullest July since about 1965. Blimey, did you really work at the met office?

Edited by RichardR
Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Posted · Hidden by Paul, July 28, 2010 - Off topic!!
Hidden by Paul, July 28, 2010 - Off topic!!

Good one Paul!

Posted

Go to the link I gave you earlier today to see what the rain and sun totals for July have been,

It IS the Peak District NOT Surbiton mate!

http://www.buxtonwea...hartwebsite.htm

This time, without breaking forum guidelines:

I don't know why you are pointing me to that site, I use this website every day for my weather records collection, so I am well affiliated with the averages for my location.

78 hours is not normal for July here, it's actually dullest since 1965, so points out another user here.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

I suppose after having two grotty summers here on the bounce this one doesn't seem to bad. He says looking at the grey skies and cool temps.

I keep wondering about getting some solar equipment but it's very expensive.

Posted

It does seem that this was suppose to be a dry week,but it`s been anything but :yahoo: ,some sharp showers yesterday,drizzle earlier today,shower last night,and today is such a cloudy day,makes you wonder what`s happened to our Julys,the worst month of the year by far.

Posted

August has got to be sunnier than this. Up to 79 hours only by 28th here. Every August since 2003 has been dreadful here. British summers have gone back to the 80's for the NW.

Posted

August has got to be sunnier than this. Up to 79 hours only by 28th here. Every August since 2003 has been dreadful here. British summers have gone back to the 80's for the NW.

But we had some good Summers in the 80s too - 83, 84, 89.

Posted

Looking at the stats on http://www.buxtonweather.co.uk/rainsunchartwebsite.html you've had the odd fairly decent August's in last few years. August 07/09 dont look too bad.

June was warm sunny month, although that feels a long temp ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Noticeably cloudy for this area too, although have had some very warm and humid nights in past few months with lows of 18C on a number of occasions.

Posted

Some sunny spells today especially late this afternoon and through this evening has made it feel a bit more like mid summer. Upcoming days mind look too cloudy for my liking here in the north west thanks to the westerly/north westerly airstream.

Posted

Warmest night of the year the other night at 16c.

Max today made 17.6c and one of the cloudiest days of the year,about 5mins of sun,looked more like november at times.

Noticeably cloudy for this area too, although have had some very warm and humid nights in past few months with lows of 18C on a number of occasions.

While without doubt, July has been wetter (very much wetter) and cloudier than average for here. The past 2 weeks have seen decent amounts of sunshine, despite Tuesday last week, being a washout.

Certainty this week has been very decent in terms of sunshine, with every day since Sunday having decent spells of sunshine and reaching 24c on Monday the warmest day of the month. This week the only light drizzle was Wednesday, dry every other day.

Posted

Another sunless day here to add to the list, only one day tommorow, will we manage to get half the average, its on 49% at the moment.

Posted

Shawbury has done really well compared to here at times this month for sunshine, i think the most notable occasion was Saturday 3rd July when Shawbury had 10 hours whilst here had just over 5, i think Shawbury would of had at least 100 hours this month though theres nowhere to check.

Okay, I've found sunshine figures for Shawbury up to the 26th - 76.7 hours. That's even lower than Telford!

Looks like the dullest July on record is in the bag for that location at least. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of other stations end up the same.

Posted

Okay, I've found sunshine figures for Shawbury up to the 26th - 76.7 hours. That's even lower than Telford!

Looks like the dullest July on record is in the bag for that location at least. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of other stations end up the same.

Wow im surprised it's that low, 10 hours less than here then somehow :drinks:, i was certain they'd done better than here this month.

Posted

Another sunless day here to add to the list, only one day tommorow, will we manage to get half the average, its on 49% at the moment.

Probably be more cloud than sun tomorrow,a few showers also,today was sunless indeed and wet.

July and some of august is a very dull time of year,never use to be.

Dullest July on record maybe then Thought so,it felt like it.

Posted

Today has to be the worst day of July in Warrington.

Sky, slate grey all day, drizzle since 1pm, heavy rain since 4:30 and it still pours.

Roll on August

Posted

The nearby weather station at Coleshill has recorded 122.3 hours of sunshine up to the 29th. That's below the 139.6 hours that was recorded in March.

Quite dry though with just 22.2mm.

Posted

Another July day passes helping in no respect to bring those monthly sunshine totals up. It really has been very very dull for July - a very dissapointingly cool wet and dull month for the Lake District - a month to forget! we have not seen 21 degrees which is a very poor statistic indeed.

Posted

Today has to be the worst day of July in Warrington.

Sky, slate grey all day, drizzle since 1pm, heavy rain since 4:30 and it still pours.

Hear, hear. I got caught in it on the way home yesterday: my shirt was stuck to my body because it was so wet. My friend who I live with was on his way to the pub when he got soaked, so he had to buy a brand new shirt there and then to avoid embarrassment. I noticed the cloud broke somewhat YET AGAIN after sundown only to return to a thick blanket this morning.

From the cruel teasing of the Azores High ("There's a party going on, but YOU'RE not invited.") to the rampant rain and near-perennial dullness, this has been a really, really rotten month :lol:. The good thing is it's nearly over; the bad thing is August is about to begin. With a bank holiday to boot. :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just over 88 hrs sunshine here so far this month, including an hour early this morning, so it will definitely be the dullest July since 1965 in this area. Remarkably though there has been only 1 day with no sunshine at all.