Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Joe B And His Forecasts

Posted

ive been following joes forecast for years he is good , maybe not always right but his enthusiam is second to none , and hey when is someone always right , lets see how this winter pans out still a way to go yet :D

Posted

SATURDAY EVENING

HOORAY.. I DO SEE SOME COLD AIR COMING BACK

Calm down, if the pattern is back and forth, it has to get colder again and it will.

In any case, look for colder to start showing up again a week or so from now. This will not be as long or strong as the cold we went through in December, but enough to remind you that it is winter and it can snow, in case you have forgotten. I wanted to give you a heads up on all this, okay.

This is for the northwest, still looks warm further south and east.

Just click on Joe B's link on the lefthand side.

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/uk-city-list.asp?partner=accuweather&postalcode=CR0%201

Posted

SUNDAY NOON.

AGAIN, NO SEVERE COLD IN SITE FOR UK/IRELAND

I want to make sure that I am clear on this.

That doesnt mean a day or two of cold or snow cant show up, its winter, but the core of the coming cold is in the south of europe, to the southeast of the UK and Ireland and I want to make sure that this is clear. It is as was said before the winter, though it took longer in the south to get in in there and did skew Jan warmer than I thought.

But I dont see a big cold event that would lead to the punishment we took in the northwest in December.

What a turn around!!! London, my "scoring city" so to speak was 7.5 BELOW normal in Dec, and is running 2.2 above normal in Jan. I think we can say, that Jan has not been cold, even if it does go below normal for a few days.

Moral is..the land of my ancestors ( Italia) will be colder against the normals than the land of my wife. I am married to a Lass of Scottish extraction... so I better get it right!!!!

ciao for now ****

Just click on Joe B's link on the lefthand side.

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/uk-city-list.asp?partner=accuweather&postalcode=CR0%201

• 5 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

joe B leaves accuweather.....anyone know why?

BFTP

There are a few interesting posts on Joe B’s face book page about this, mmm....read in to it what you think!!!

Joe B's Fan Club

http://www.facebook.com/#!/*******

edit: The link will not work, as the editor thinks he is a swear word, to get the link to work, replace the Asterisks with his full name.

Edited by Polar Continental

Posted
Posted · Hidden by geminitracie, February 22, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by geminitracie, February 22, 2011 - No reason given

joe B leaves accuweather.....anyone know why?

BFTP

Apparently he was head hunted by two its all the talk on their forum :lol:

Posted

He's still on twitter as well - @BigJoeB*stardi

seems all very secretive - but my guess is his opinion was going against the grain regarding climate change

shame he's gone - he always seemed very insightful

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Joe B is totally against Al Gore regarding the Global Warming issue. It would not surprise me the powers to be used their influence to get him kicked out. Looks like the truth hurts where Joe B stands.

Sky News might sign him up as they need a bit of a sparkle there since they got rid of Francis Wilson and co :lol:

Edited by yamkin

Posted

He's still on twitter as well - @BigJoeB*stardi

seems all very secretive - but my guess is his opinion was going against the grain regarding climate change

shame he's gone - he always seemed very insightful

Very powerful lobby the Gw bandwagon nice to see the american senate has withdrawn there financial support for the IPPC.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Yes, he's joined up with Watty's mate D'Aleo - looks like they're aiming at the US commercial market

Edited by Essan

Posted

Yes, he's joined up with Watty's mate D'Aleo - looks like they're aiming at the US commercial market

Less than three weeks after resigning as AccuWeather's chief long-range forecaster, Joe Bastardi announced Friday that he has accepted the position of chief forecaster at WeatherBell, a fledgling weather consulting firm. WeatherBell has also hired veteran meteorologist Joseph D'Aleo, who served as the Weather Channel's first director of meteorology. Based in New York City, WeatherBell Analytics LLC will offer meteorological products and services geared toward helping businesses manage weather risk. The company is funded entirely by angel investors.

Chief executive officer Michael Barak said the name of company was inspired by someone close to him. The company will target the financial, agriculture, and energy sectors, said Barak. It intends to leverage the forecasting talents of Bastardi and D'Aleo to help businesses in these sectors make the best decisions, he said. "We will provide the most accurate forecasts anywhere, and because of this our clients will be able to adjust their business strategy and maximize profits," said Barak.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalweathergang/2011/03/joe_bastardi_hired_by_start-up.html