Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

looking out towards the sea its black i can hear thunder but my view is cut because of houses think its heading towards thanet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

Another very brief shower seems to have arrived or is just clipping here. Very threatening fast moving skies again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like that South Worcs cell is electrical.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I know what you mean we seem to miss any extremes here in Crewe the contrast between the south and north of Cheshire is quite unbelieveable at times paticulary when it comes to storms in Summer and snow in Winter.

http://images-of-crewe.blogspot.com/2007/08/electricity-street-downpour.html

That was the worst storm i've ever witnessed.....bar none. Came out of no-where, developed overhead and lasted a fair while. You remember it? Was strange really as it wasn't a day for widespread storms.....just a freak event i guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

These showers are just doing nothing.

I feel today may be a letdown for most

Posted

These showers are just doing nothing.

I feel today may be a letdown for most

IOW detector now showing lightning in the midlands - don't speak too soon and it's all coming our way

Posted

looking out towards the sea its black i can hear thunder but my view is cut because of houses think its heading towards thanet.

methinkso too, and possibly south Essex before veering southwesterly into NW Kent/London later :lol:

So basically right round me.

What makes it even worse is there seems to be a convergence about 8miles to my south, frequent intense echoes developing over Cranbrook/Hawkhurst then heading west along a train of showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The French storm seems to be crossing the channel, meanwhile locally the clouds are beginning to pile up and my radio is picking up several strikes a minute !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Now the main bunch of showers are clearing im getting visual on some big anvils. :lol: I think most activity will be after the main cluster of showers because there is too much cloud, too little sun probably.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Now the main bunch of showers are clearing im getting visual on some big anvils. :lol: I think most activity will be after the main cluster of showers because there is too much cloud, too little sun probably.

just had a torrential downpour....absolutely threw it down...no bangs or flashes though...Its clearer to the east towards nottingham and humberside...maybe something nice will develop in that clearer slot as there's still plenty of instability in that area

Posted

just had a torrential downpour....absolutely threw it down...no bangs or flashes though...Its clearer to the east towards nottingham and humberside...maybe something nice will develop in that clearer slot as there's still plenty of instability in that area

Yes theres plenty of instability about until at least 6pm ish. It is clearer out to the East now which should certainly help get something going.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

http://images-of-cre...t-downpour.html

That was the worst storm i've ever witnessed.....bar none. Came out of no-where, developed overhead and lasted a fair while. You remember it? Was strange really as it wasn't a day for widespread storms.....just a freak event i guess.

I do remember that severe storm very well I had just moved into a new house the week before and could not believe the amount of rain it turned my then unsurfaced road into a muddy fast flowing river taking everyone by surprise. If I remember rightly it was a simmilar sort of unsettled late Summer period we have this year.

Posted

Just heard a distant rumble from the cell to my east ( heading south ) shame it missed here...

Just hope these cells up north start getting bigger.

These are TINY showers. Im suprised there was even thunder then.

Edited by Lynxus

Posted

WOW, seen that cell SE of brum..

120MM/hour, almost 150 in a small part.

Edited by Lynxus

Posted

It is pitch black to my S/SE, almost expecting to see an IC strike or something, looks very threatening and I would be surprised if that cloud did not produce something thundery over Cranbrook/Tenterden/Hawkhurst area.

Edit mod rain now

and now a bit of hail :lol:

Edited by staplehurst

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

WOW, seen that cell SE of brum..

120MM/hour, almost 150 in a small part.

That'll be the bad boy that just hit Leicester about 25 mins ago, it was absolutely torrential! No thunder though.

Posted

Some lovely looking cells popping up on the sat24 sat images now to the east of midlands. Moving West currently.

Posted

Do we think everything will stay south of brum for the rest of the day. I have headed south into north staffs but seems like nothing is happening. Can't be bothered hanging around if its just the south likely to see action today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Do we think everything will stay south of brum for the rest of the day. I have headed south into north staffs but seems like nothing is happening. Can't be bothered hanging around if its just the south likely to see action today.

You are wasting your time I think, it's curtains for around here. Meto/NAE seem to have been the more accurate models for forecasting today. The GFS suggested storms as far north as south Yorkshire

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

The general low level cloud is clearing here, only to reveal this lurking above. The photo doesn't do this clouds height justice :lol:

post-12190-068957600 1281796295_thumb.jp

Edited by Wet'n'Dry