Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

BBC Weather Presenter Gives Co Host The Finger

Posted

I am not a Tomasz fan, never have been. He certaintly enthusiastic but his presentations irritate me. Why can't he stand still?! A couple of years ago I called it "Do the Tomasz". Its like a Mexican jumping bean.

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5677&posts=23&start=1

Lets do the Tomasz!

Now its one step forward and one step back,

Its a lean forward and its a lean back.

Its a twist to the left and one arm out

and its a twist back and the other arm out.

Then sweep both arms to the left then a step forward

Then a step back and lean back

Then gently sway with both feet fixed to the ground

And lets do it all again!!!!!

Lawl! we used to have a really enthusiatic maths teacher like that, I couldn't stand all that jumping about so I later went on to fail maths terribly.

We also used to have a P.I. teacher like that too who liked to sway back and forth from one foot to the next with his hands behind his back.....i failed that too :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

This is my typically blunt and strong view of it -

If anyone complains to the BBC, they are pathetic lonely imbeciles and need to get a life

If the BBC discipline him, they are pathetic moronic imbeciles

If the BBC dare sack him, then they are even greater pathetic moronic imbeciles

He while not knowingly being on camera, and in a purely jokey fashion, stuck a finger up to the newsreader who was giving him some banter. That was it!

This country has turned into a pathetically sensitive cesspit and the fact that people are even contemplating about gasping at such an event is really worrying IMO!

Otherwise, vintage Tomasz!! :rofl:

Posted

this "like minded oldie" is only 32 years old.

Maybe this is one for outtake tv, but not for a live broadcast, there really is no excuse. :)

Like I say. I don't care too much about it. It happened, it's not the end of the world, and I doubt very many millions saw it.

Of course, I fully understand the PC brigade will jump on this :rofl:

Edited by Mondy

Posted

This is my typically blunt and strong view of it -

If anyone complains to the BBC, they are pathetic lonely imbeciles and need to get a life

If the BBC discipline him, they are pathetic moronic imbeciles

If the BBC dare sack him, then they are even greater pathetic moronic imbeciles

He while not knowingly being on camera, and in a purely jokey fashion, stuck a finger up to the newsreader who was giving him some banter. That was it!

This country has turned into a pathetically sensitive cesspit and the fact that people are even contemplating about gasping at such an event is really worrying IMO!

Otherwise, vintage Tomasz!! :rofl:

i'm with you Harry 100%.people need to give their heads a shake and chill a wee bit.

Posted

I am neither PC or a fuddy duddy, but the sort of attitude of the previous posters does seem to point to a lack of consideration for what alot of "the silent majority" secretly think.

Posted

I am neither PC or a fuddy duddy, but the sort of attitude of the previous posters does seem to point to a lack of consideration for what alot of "the silent majority" secretly think.

chill out for gods sake,worse things happen at sea.

end of the day he didn't give a live forecast and didn't stick a finger up to the great british public.a blind man on a galloping horse can see it was an in house wind up that accidently got beamed live.

no children or animals were hurt in the said broadcast so why all the fuss? :rofl:

Edited by peterf

Posted

chill out for gods sake,worse things happen at sea.

Indeed they do, but this was broadcast from the 'B.B.C.' which needs to keep it's dignity whilst all other channels are quite happy to lose theirs.

And this was not a ratings thing...it was a weather forecast, there aren't many (read any) movie or T.V. careers that have been launched by starting in that role?

Forgive me for sticking up for good, solid British values that once made this country revered.

We should not chill out and let such lapses occur, otherwise standards will slip....

Next they will be wanting to swear for "artistic effect" even though it's not even relevent and "Worst things would happen at sea" if the word were omitted?

Oh! Wait??!!!!!!...........

Edited by Coast

Posted

Why does the BBC need to keep its dignity? It is not now well run and is hardly the British news outlet it used to be. FACT.

It's long lost the respect of the people of Scotland for starters: LINK

Re: the faux pas - I'd love to hear the view of a proper politically correct person about this.

They would probably say "why waste bandwidth over something so trivial, when instead you can read my latest corrective argument on my blog", blah, blah, blah..... :rofl:

Posted

Why does the BBC need to keep its dignity? It is not now well run and is hardly the British news outlet it used to be. FACT.

It's long lost the respect of the people of Scotland for starters: LINK

Re: the faux pas - I'd love to hear the view of a proper politically correct person about this.

They would probably say "why waste bandwidth over something so trivial, when instead you can read my latest corrective argument on my blog", blah, blah, blah..... :rofl:

It was the romans that called the island "Britannia" not the English, so it can still be called the BBC as they never conquered Scotland.

Dignity I think you'll find, is the last faculty to be lost before hope. :D

(oh and BTW I was born and lived most of my life in the same town that Mary Whitehouse came from...some say that I am her love child ironically :) )

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Not that I totally agree with the what the other posters said but how do you know that the silent majority would disapprove?

Posted

Not that I totally agree with the what the other posters said but how do you know that the silent majority would disapprove?

They whisper there concerns but will not speak out in a forum (in the old sense of the word)

Posted

Indeed they do, but this was broadcast from the 'B.B.C.' which needs to keep it's dignity whilst all other channels are quite happy to lose theirs.

And this was not a ratings thing...it was a weather forecast, there aren't many (read any) movie or T.V. careers that have been launched by starting in that role?

Forgive me for sticking up for good, solid British values that once made this country revered.

We should not chill out and let such lapses occur, otherwise standards will slip....

Next they will be wanting to say f*** for "artistic effect" even though it's not even relevent and "Worst things would happen at sea" if the word were omitted?

Oh! Wait??!!!!!!...........

I read this as if it were a sarcastic post, and thought it very funny....yet I worry it is actually meant to be how it sounds.

The British are famous for their wit and humour, and for not taking ourselves seriously. Stropping and getting our knickers in a twist at the sight of a weatherman giving the finger in a purely jokey way, and out of banter, to a newsreader is most certainly NOT British, in any way shape or form! The wee finger poking out whilst sipping tea under the verander, and watching little Duke Thomas of Rye tinkering with croquet hoops under the Great Oak Tree are well and truly gone!

Posted

It'll be in tomorrow's Daily Mail and suddenly the BBC will get 9,000 complaints.

Posted

Lol quite right - the silent majority sit there thinking "oh get down of your moral pillar you dipstick" :rofl:

Posted

They whisper there concerns but will not speak out in a forum (in the old sense of the word)

I understand what a silent majority is, what I was getting at was that you don't know that they would disapprove.

I'm struggling to think of anyone I know who'd do anymore than laugh it off and forget about it.

Edited by fozi999

Posted

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100817/tuk-weatherman-apologises-for-giving-the-45dbed5.html

Pathetic - the BBC are a grovelling group of muppets who seriously need to grow a backbone and tell the stiff minority to sort themselves out!

What would happen if all of us who were sick of the pathetic grovelling, and waste of tax payers cash spent typing such ludicrous statements, what would happen then? It offends me that my money is spent appeasing the sad hypocrites who want to have a moan that somebody swore...grrrrrrr!!!! :rofl:

Edited by Harry

Posted

So what you are all really telling me to do is "be quiet and get on with being the silent majority"?

So what my views may be considered stuffy and old fashioned, but the libralism of today may also be considered the downfall of modern society.

This "incident" was maybe of a minor fashion to some of you, but think of the reputation that the BBC has to hold up above all else, or what would be the point of it?

Most of us, when it boils down to it, do not like this sort of childish behavior from a representative of the BBC, which abroad, could quite easily be said to be a representative of this nation!

You are seriously telling me that if you were to be in a supermarket with your children and one decided to start shouting s**t at the top of his voice and all you were to do would be to laugh and say "it's not the end of the world", then that would not be a bad representation of your family?

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

It'll be in tomorrow's Daily Mail and suddenly the BBC will get 9,000 complaints.

That is the one thing I won't do to the 'beeb', complain second hand, i think that is almost as vulgar as the indiscretion itself.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

I think if I was him I would go into hiding for a while - rather humiliating to say the least, maybe work behind the scenes in a back office job. Then when all's forgotten, come back on camera. I don't think he should stop presenting though, he's quite good at it despite the gaff.

Posted

hahaha the face he pulls after is funny.tbh it was just a mistake and to be fair the news reporter was goading him

Posted

So what you are all really telling me to do is "be quiet and get on with being the silent majority"?

Just to be clear: no I am not. I'm talking about your assumption that the silent majority would disapprove of the behaviour. I'm not so sure they would.

Posted

I think if I was him I would go into hiding for a while - rather humiliating to say the least, maybe work behind the scenes in a back office job.

A gross over reaction if you ask me. Can you honestly say you have never said or reacted in a manner that you have later regretted!!

Lets hope the BBC realise this is what happens sometimes with live television.

Posted

A gross over reaction if you ask me. Can you honestly say you have never said or reacted in a manner that you have later regretted!!

Lets hope the BBC realise this is what happens sometimes with live television.

this is another in a long list of mistakes he has made