Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First Frost!

Posted

More cloud around here than last night, and 0.3°C up on the temperature this time yesterday, creeping down slowly. May not get as low as the 4.9°C last night.

Yet another summer mist/fog is forecast for tonight here, I can't believe how much mist and fog we've had here in the last year:

TAF AMD EGPF 301858Z 3018/3118 25004KT 9999 FEW045 PROB40 TEMPO

3103/3107 1500 MIFG =

I've never seen the MIFG code before tonight...cool!!! All it means is shallow mist or fog (I think), but anything new is good :(:)

Posted

Min this morning was 3.0C, with a touch of frost on a flat roof opposite. Went outside at about 4am when I woke and saw it was pretty chilly to put a temp sensor on the lawn, just a cheapish one and not very reliable but just to see what it showed. Oddly it read about half a degree above the air temp when on the grass, but down to 1.7c on the wooden table about 1 metre above the lawn, the other way round than I'd thought. I'm guessing the ground may have been still holding some warmth from summer seeing as its so early? or maybe a rubbish thermometer? If I'm making any sense there!

Currently 7.2C here (7.1C just now). I expect the min may be just a touch higher here tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Currently 10.1c here, exactly the same as this time last night (which was a record low August night). Fingers crossed for even lower tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

5.2C at Capel Curig. 9.5C here

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

4.7c and frost now on back lawn in spite of my sensor saying 1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Clear skies are allowing temps to drop markedly. More importantly winds have become very light compared to last night.

Good chance we will see a slight ground frost.

Peter Gibbs said the coldest place last night was Woodford at 1 degrees. Quite surprised at Woodford being the coldest spot, must be a notable frost hollow. I seem to recall it was one of the coldest spots in early Jan when it got down to -18 degrees in contrast to averages of -10 - 12 not far away.

Expected mins of 5 degrees in Manchester city centre tonight and tomorrow night for August is jolly cold.

Yeah Woodford does record low temperatures but as for early Jan, a few places around Cheshire fell to around -15 to -18 unoficially on that one evening; it was perishingly cold and you had to be here to appreciate it. I heard some unofficial reports of -15 around the Nantwich area and I can well believe it.

As for tonight, I wonder if anywhere will manage the air frost.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Currently 4.9c and chilly ballykelly was 7.1c 40 minutes ago I'd imagine it's lower now we might just scrape an air frost here with luck hopefully ballykelly gets low too so it can be official, but knowing my luck it'll rise in ballykelly... Mm would really love to wake to an air frost with lovely White fields or even any frost mmm but it's that long.

Posted

Currently 3.2 here no visible frost as of yet though on the lawn.

Posted

8.7c here, was 9.2c at this stage yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

9/10c in the London area, while yet for frost.

Must be much colder here, feels like it out their, clear skies.

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

Final figure +1.3c

with slight grass frost and iced car roof. Very autumnal.

Posted

Redesdale Camp was down to 0.6c at 0700. Good chance it fell below freezing overnight at some point.

Shame the station isn't located in the valley bottom but on a small ridge above it.

Posted

First ice on the car roof this morning. A classic misty early autumnal morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

4.3c (39.7f) when I woke up at 7am this morning, forgot to look at graphs as I left for work; but with slight frost on some upper ground around a mile away from my home, I'd say it got down to 2c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

we have 3.9C here this morning, one day last week it slipped to 1.2C, very heavy due on the ground... wonderful sunrise this morning.

Posted

Iced car this morning great :)

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

A cold and clear night for August here, low 4.1c, with 1.6c on the grass, the coldest locally since 2003 (3.5c) at this station.

However it was even colder in Rosliston, just 2 miles away, though unofficial at the moment, his minimum reading was 2.9c from his AWS, he will confirm his official reading later, but almost certainly a ground frost there. If confirmed this will make it the coldest August night (locally) since records began in 1990.

Posted

Was expecting like 1.3c but only got 2.7c because the temp stayed at that for a couple of hours last night which was obvious when looking at ballykelly which got down to only 4.9c which is awful considering we were at 5c at 1am! Typical! Back to hell hole city tomorrow NOOOO

Posted

Iced up cars in August - I love it!