Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather General Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well a beautiful start here. Clear skies save for the first anvils appearing to the south and west. Good luck to all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

today could be the day we have been looking for! already i can see clouds building in the area B)

Some heavy showers developing and moving NE toward London. Think its a chase day :drinks:

Posted

Got my camera and camcorder charged here, think I'll wait and see for the next few hours but reckon I may well head out for looksee today B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

2 Rumbles of thunder just heard near crawley (not sure which direction came from. No lighting seen (as yet). But starting to chuck it down! Dark to North

Posted

2 Rumbles of thunder just heard near crawley (not sure which direction came from. No lighting seen (as yet). But starting to chuck it down! Dark to North

Can see that over the back, but nothing heard down here to your south!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Woohoo! That stunning convection earlier giving way to some storms now it seems! :nonono:

Not heard/seen anything yet except darkening skies - radar looks good!

I really wouldn't despair anywhere else - its only 11am for heavens sake! If the SE was the least likely to get action, and there is already thunder reported, then it should mean decent potential for elsewhere a bit later!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A showery morning nothing heavy as yet. Looks like almost endless streamers heading for Wales today.

Posted

As per the norm, nothing to report from C London other than some moderate rain...typical!

Looking interesting tonight though as a LP system rapidly develops across the Bay of Biscay and swings North across C/N France, throwing a WF and a lot of moisture our way...could be a few unknown variables in there...not suggesting our chances are anything above low, but I do like an unpredictable setup :nonono:

Posted

couple of Flashes (wish you wouldn't Coast)

:nonono:

think it might be pretty much on top of us here

Well I'm glad something is! Nothing further down to the South, although as Harry pointed out, maybe the action is a bit later on?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Torrential downpour at about 09:45 just before the rain cleared. A few patches of blue sky now and the air feels very moist, so hopefully something will kick off later. Showers are rapidly developing over Wales, and I've often known a thunderstorm to occur as those showers move into the NE in these situations, often by late afternoon / evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

All the action seems to be much further east than predicted by the met-office. Hardly any showers in the south west, yet we were predicted to under continous showers from 8am onwardsdry.gif:nonono:

There's quite a bit out to the west of us. They're forming in ribbons too so places that get them could well get a soaking. I always get impatient but I don't think it will be too long before beefy showers start arriving around here. I can see a lot of cbs out west and clouds overhead are taking up a more solid appearance. Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Tops starting to shoot up here....nothing major yet, large bubbly cumulus with nice flat large bases.

Posted

i want this rain to go away and the sun to come out to get thing going here right now dont think it going to happen :nonono:

awwww Stu, keep your fingers crossed it might just!

Well I'm glad something is! Nothing further down to the South, although as Harry pointed out, maybe the action is a bit later on?

fingers crossed.

It has brightened up a tad here but still raining, had a fair bit in the past hour or so, just wish my weather station doofer was working grrrr, must remember batteries for it.

Posted

Could have sworn I just heard thunder!?!? It's hard to tell when you have the hustle and bustle of the city streets blocking it all out...but it sounded v plausible! Any other witnesses? lol

Posted

Could have sworn I just heard thunder!?!? It's hard to tell when you have the hustle and bustle of the city streets blocking it all out...but it sounded v plausible! Any other witnesses? lol

Yep, you did :nonono:

Posted

Good morning all...

Angry looking out to my West and some ditsant rumbles of thunder, if you're in London at the moment Harry you may be right, some major convection kicking off especially to my North this morning, and the storm to my West over the city has pushed out quite a lot of outflow overhead so its going very grey while turning black out West.

Looks to be moving NNE, watch out up the M11. :nonono:

EDIT: Also rapid development of convection to my distant NNE, radar shows it just beyond Chemlsford, towers grew rapidly and have started putting out an anvil. Another closer rumble from the London storm too.

EDIT: Weak gust front pushing NE'wards out ahead of the rain, very fast moving with lots of ragged scud.

Whole thing seems to have weakened very rapidly.

Edited by Free Three

Posted

Yep, you did :yahoo:

:nonono:

Posted

Goddamit just narrowly missed all the action! :nonono:

I wouldn't say it's over just yet. Things are starting to get pretty weird here. This piccie I took shows what appears to be a gust front and the weird bit is it's heading SE where the general trend is NEasterly :yahoo:

post-12190-032560700 1283859167_thumb.jp