Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Nature's Signs Of Winter

ZONE 51

Posted

Sweet chestnuts have opened in the past few days — nice big edible ones this year too!

The swallows around here disappeared early October, but we've loads of ladybirds coming into the house — must get a ladybird box.

Posted

The police search for a gang of vandals has been call off when it was discovered that squirrels were the culprits. It is understood that the Wiltshire police are setting up a special squirrel unit and have warned the public not to approach as they may be dangerous.

http://www.google.co...71287161955227A

Edited by weather ship

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

The beswicks swans are heading in early i have read, earlier than last year, "they head in early before a harsh winter here" says an expert, and their earlier this yr!

Posted

House martins are still hanging on down here, I thought they were swallows before until I got a closer look at their tails. I took

of them last night, they looked like they were feeding at dusk. I thought they'd be moving on as it's absolutely freezing here!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

The last few days i have seen flocks of birds dont know what they are? heading from south to north, high up they are in big numbers and fly in groups at least what looks like 20 or more, their wings flap quite slow to fast, not duck speed not swan speed, inbetween really, and they are not small and a bit long, maybe not geese they fly low far as ive seen. anyone know?

Pink-footed geese on migration perhaps? We've had them arriving for a couple of weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Pink-footed geese on migration perhaps? We've had them arriving for a couple of weeks.

Could be are check out the Auturm watch site (bbc) I must take out the binocs to get a closer look, its just dont want to hang around town or the outskirts with them, i get enough hassle with the slr camera! its not like the 1950s now.

Nature's signs?

Well, I saw some white stuff on my way to my mate's on Wednesday morning...

Frost? 0:

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

Well the frost lay till 12.45pm today in the shade at work, I can't ever remember that happening in october?

Posted

Holly and rowan trees around here are laden and the holly berries are now red as in this photo.post-2744-092911900 1288041716_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

December is when i would want first snowfall to arrive. I had read that waxwings, i think its them? have arrived in huge numbers, more and earlier than last year.

Edited by nimbilus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Had a toad out in the garden on Thursday night — just shows how mild it's been. Noticed the very first tips of the snowdrops on Jan 1 too — quite a sheltered part of the garden — they haven\t appeared through the grass yet.

• 2 weeks later...