Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Anti-Crepuscular Rays

Posted

Are these Anti-crepuscular rays with a rainbow as part of the ray, or perhaps just Anti-crepuscular rays coincidentally converging with a rainbow. I thought it looked interesting. The sun was on the opposite horizon and behind clouds at the time so it's not direct sun rays. I did a video and pan of sky at the time but by that time the rainbow part was fading and it was hard to see.

Posted

Are these Anti-crepuscular rays with a rainbow as part of the ray, or perhaps just Anti-crepuscular rays coincidentally converging with a rainbow. I thought it looked interesting. The sun was on the opposite horizon and behind clouds at the time so it's not direct sun rays. I did a video and pan of sky at the time but by that time the rainbow part was fading and it was hard to see.

I suspect your second suggestion is nearer the mark as being part of the ray doesn't seem quite right.

Edit.

Thinking about it again they could be partially superimposed with the distance from the camera of the two a fair bit different. Difficult to say really.

Edited by weather ship