Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

December CET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

4.8c for me please. Cold start but mild towards end.

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

6C

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

2.7c for me please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I'm going to lower my guess a little... I think maybe 2.5C

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

4.3C for me please

Edited by bullworker

Posted

The high res part of the GFS 06z run suggests the following CET values will be recorded (my interpretation)

02/12/10 -2.2C

04/12/10 -2.1C

06/12/10 -2.1C

08/12/10 -1.8C

Into the low res part

10/12/10 -1.8C

12/12/10 -1.2C

14/12/10 -0.9C

16/12/10 -0.1C

If that gets anywhere near verifying then it would take a fairly exceptionally mild second half of December just to get to last years value.

Of additional interest is that at the 14.12.10, the rolling CET value would stand for the period 15/12/09-14/12/10 at 8.90C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It's a day late (apologies, will have to take the penalty) but my earlier punt of 4.4C looks too high- I suggest 3.3C now.

Posted

Yep Stu, the 06z was cold but the 12z GFS looks even colder again!

The models now suggest the first 10 days should be decently below 0C and above average already looks pretty much ruled out even with a very mild last 2/3rds...and the GFS 12z is colder again...

I suspect the 12z GFS maybe a little overegged but even if it is a sub 4C month is odds on, as it'd require an average of 6C for the rest of the month even if we averaged only 0C for the first 10 days (which is likely a good deal too high!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Yep Stu, the 06z was cold but the 12z GFS looks even colder again!

The models now suggest the first 10 days should be decently below 0C and above average already looks pretty much ruled out even with a very mild last 2/3rds...and the GFS 12z is colder again...

I suspect the 12z GFS maybe a little overegged but even if it is a sub 4C month is odds on, as it'd require an average of 6C for the rest of the month even if we averaged only 0C for the first 10 days (which is likely a good deal too high!)

Wow, the 12z does looks very cold! It would have us at about -2.22C to the 9th, which would require us averageing 7.4C for the remainder of the month to reach 4.6C (61-90), or 8.1C for the rest of the month to reach 5.1C (71-00).

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Oops, a bit late 2.3ºC please.

Posted

You have to say odds on a below average CET - not often I have such confidence on the first day of the month to say such a thing. Remember the second half of Dec on average is appreciably colder than the first half - so it will be a very tall order to see an above average month I feel.

I'm already beginning to think my guess was too high and in all likelihood we could be about to see our coldest Dec since 1981.