Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavyweather Software Not Working!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I got a WS-2350 today and I have it all set-up and ready to roll, base station is giving me readings.

Problem is after installing and uninstalling several times, when I double click to open Heavyweather nothing comes up on screen, just the heavy weather box in the window bar on the bottom of the screen but nothing actually appears on screen to see/work with.

Obviously the software is installing okay but for some reason something must be hindering me from opening the software and seeing it.

Do I need Excel on the computer to see it or something?

I have seen no similar problems like this yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Doesn't matter, managed to get Weather Display instead. Just trying to figure out how to use it.

Posted

I used to hate heavyweather when I had my Lacrosse WS2300. I got the station back in December 2004 and the software hasnt been updated once in the 6 years since. Its also a resource and memory hog, it ran at a constant 15% CPU usage even on a Core i7 930. In the end I lost my patience with it and went to weatherdisplay, dont even get me started on trying to get it to work on Windows 7!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I used to hate heavyweather when I had my Lacrosse WS2300. I got the station back in December 2004 and the software hasnt been updated once in the 6 years since. Its also a resource and memory hog, it ran at a constant 15% CPU usage even on a Core i7 930. In the end I lost my patience with it and went to weatherdisplay, dont even get me started on trying to get it to work on Windows 7!

Hi Reef,

I use Heavy Weather with my Lacrosse WS3250 & I am also on Windows 7. I have loads of problems with the system closing down & also hanging, could this be Heavyweather causing this?

This other software you mention, is it free & can I use it with my weather station?

Posted

I've just bought a La Crosse 2800 and the version of heavy weather I've got ie 1.5 seems great so far - easy to make your own charts and I can't say its a system hog at all. Have any of you got any recommendations about alternate software I could run with my W/S?

Posted

Hi Reef,

I use Heavy Weather with my Lacrosse WS3250 & I am also on Windows 7. I have loads of problems with the system closing down & also hanging, could this be Heavyweather causing this?

This other software you mention, is it free & can I use it with my weather station?

I was running Windows 7 x64 and couldnt get it to work at all. It used to hang for me on Win XP though, especially when closing which usually required a reboot. The software is just old and hasnt been updated in years. In the end I had to ditch the station as the console stopped talking to the computer anyway.

As for Weatherdisplay, it isnt free unfortunately but is updated regularly and works pretty well. Theres a trial version to try for a month so you can see how you like it:

http://www.weather-display.com/index.php

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I was running Windows 7 x64 and couldnt get it to work at all. It used to hang for me on Win XP though, especially when closing which usually required a reboot. The software is just old and hasnt been updated in years. In the end I had to ditch the station as the console stopped talking to the computer anyway.

As for Weatherdisplay, it isnt free unfortunately but is updated regularly and works pretty well. Theres a trial version to try for a month so you can see how you like it:

http://www.weather-d...y.com/index.php

Cheers Reef,