Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Daily Pics 06-07/05/04

Guest ChaserUK

Guest ChaserUK

Here are a few pics and at last I have some weather to show you! Apologies for slow download times for those on dial up but the pics are high quality.

DOWNDAYS%20005.jpg

If you needed any clues as to where I might be!

DOWNDAYS%20011.jpg

This was the last storm that passed over us this morning. Apparently when the storm was 20 miles to our West it was producing golfball sized hail.

DOWNDAYS%20012.jpg

In any case, although unchaseable, we did drive to where the storm had been and found some 1-2cm hail. Some of the hail was disc shaped.

DOWNDAYS%20018.jpg

Taken at 19:00 this evening looking South from Gretna on highway 6 just north of the I80 SW of Omaha, Nebraska. We did wait for two hours but nothing kicked off. There is a pretty strong cap but it might break during the nightime hours.

Posted

Wow Chaser, those hail stones were pretty impressive. The sky looked like it was talking aswell, fantastic colours.

I wish you all the best mate and stay safe :)

Posted

Good photos Chaser, i especially like the close up of the hail stones, and the second one of the very dark and threatening skies. Good luck and stay safe, mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning

Great photos there ChaserUK. Stay safe and Im looking forward to more of your pics and reports. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Nice pics, that second one of the storm is particularly impressive.

I wonder if the Americans actually specify the likelihood of such storms, or if they do what the British forecasters would generally do (i.e. "tomorrow will see a mixture of sunshine and showers, some heavy with hail and thunder"!)