Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East England - In Between The Cold Spells Discussion Part 30

Hello from Eastern Spain, Just back from London 2 days ago and got shocked about the weather you had, never so cold in my life with so high humidity!!!

How is it going today over there? Here in Spain heavy rain on west and heat and dry here on the East, now 16.4ºC... Too hot to be January.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

It does look ok around the London areas on higher ground, North Downs... the dew points and temperatures fall for a while towards the north of the region, just enough in any heavy ppn to be sleet at least for some and wet snow over high ground. so all risk has not gone just yet for some.

-

WeatherWatch:

Later evening/Overnight tonight:

.Heavy rain - surface flooding

.*Sleet

.*Wet snow at height and heavy ppn.

-

nimbilus.

Posted

Temp down to 0.2c with frost forming, bodes wee for the morning expect chilterns will get a temporary covering. Get to drive over them at 8am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Hello from Eastern Spain, Just back from London 2 days ago and got shocked about the weather you had, never so cold in my life with so high humidity!!!

How is it going today over there? Here in Spain heavy rain on west and heat and dry here on the East, now 16.4ºC... Too hot to be January.

Welcome to the forum :hi:

Where did you stay when you was in London?

Were in for a relatively cold night with a bit of sleet/snow predicted for North of London in the morning.

I would've thought 16 degrees happens on a regular occurrence in Jan in Spain.

Posted

things looking promising from the 20th onwards (according to model thread).

I'm looking forward to the brief milder conditions next week, it's these 'middle' temps which I detest, what we've had for the last week or so.... double digits next weeks should be nice (I know it will be wet)... then back to the freezer for more snow,

Posted

f

Colder than forecast and still dropping we had wet snow here earlier at 2.4c dew p 1.7c

What time did you get the wet snow?

I see temps are seeming on the current temp charts on xc that they are still dropping south of that rain band I think and the rain band is moving in quite quick so maybe we will get a little lying I wonder what others think? we did have warnings over us till this morning so maybe just maybe this could be a sudden nice snowfall I think the battle could actually be in our region if it stalls heres hoping. But you can't discount the new weather age we are in just maybe?cc_confused.gif

Edited by Swave Snow

Posted

Wet snow fell at 1pm for about 10 mins defo think north of London herts area will see some snow before milder air arrives currently -0.1 c here now

Posted

Wet snow fell at 1pm for about 10 mins defo think north of London herts area will see some snow before milder air arrives currently -0.1 c here now

well its -1 c -1c at Gatwick so we could also get snow I reckon

I see temps are really dropping up north I hope there is more oomph in this northerly plunge than others think, or I pray at least

Edited by Swave Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

well its -1 c -1c at Gatwick so we could also get snow I reckon

I see temps are really dropping up north I hope there is more oomph in this northerly plunge than others think, or I pray at least

Gatwick seems localised in it's low temps though, London City airport reporting 3c with 2c dew and Heathrow reporting 2c with 1c dew, both locations there looks on the wrong side of borderline for snow.

Posted

Gatwick seems localised in it's low temps though, London City airport reporting 3c with 2c dew and Heathrow reporting 2c with 1c dew, both locations there looks on the wrong side of borderline for snow.

Now -1c -1c in NW London, but Heathrow is at 1c 1c and light rain already, I can see why they might get concerned

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Still sub-zero here with freezing fog :o

Radar indicates rain not far away - could be interesting in a few hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Only managed a few very, very wet flakes here in the heavier bursts, but the temp seems to be going up slightly (can't give an exact reading here, but approx 3-4ºc in a very urban area) and the heavier ppn seems to still be concentrated in the SW, so I fear there is little chance of any settling snow for anyone in our region (excepting those at altitude and to the N'th/NW of our region).