Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincs And The Pennines - Cold Spell Discussion 13

Paul

Posted

Spent the afternoon in Yorkshire Wolds snow chasing, disappointing start with the prec not getting very far east, then a huge shock as i was about to call it a day the snow starting to fall and stick, then it kept getting heavier and was moderate for a good half an hour with huge 50p flakes, left a covering of 3cm within half an hour with all roads covered and quite hazardous driving conditions. Was still snowing as i came back down garrowby hill so theres probably more now. Anyone after a proper snowfix go to the top of Garrowby Hill where the wolds are at there highest (247m asl), you shall be greeted with a winter wonderland :D

Came home from York through Garrowby about 1800, very thick snow and foggy as well, with a good covering on the road. Cover as far down as Fimber, almost, so about 100m.

Never got here really, all the heavy stuff went south with a little sleet, though has just started again with some heavier stuff to the NW. 1.5c currently.

West not usually a good direction for here, heavier stuff gets to Garrowby then dies out. Mustn't grumble, they don't get our Northerly showers - not that I've seen one lately. :(

Spent the afternoon in Yorkshire Wolds snow chasing, disappointing start with the prec not getting very far east, then a huge shock as i was about to call it a day the snow starting to fall and stick, then it kept getting heavier and was moderate for a good half an hour with huge 50p flakes, left a covering of 3cm within half an hour with all roads covered and quite hazardous driving conditions. Was still snowing as i came back down garrowby hill so theres probably more now. Anyone after a proper snowfix go to the top of Garrowby Hill where the wolds are at there highest (247m asl), you shall be greeted with a winter wonderland :D

????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by woldsowl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Came home from York through Garrowby about 1800, very thick snow and foggy as well, with a good covering on the road. Cover as far down as Fimber, almost, so about 100m.

Never got here really, all the heavy stuff went south with a little sleet, though has just started again with some heavier stuff to the NW. 1.5c currently.

West not usually a good direction for here, heavier stuff gets to Garrowby then dies out. Mustn't grumble, they don't get our Northerly showers - not that I've seen one lately. :(

????????????????????????????????????????

Glad u saw some snow mate, whats with the ??????????????????????????????????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Much milder today and, what's this, a big yellow ball in the sky? Oh my god.. what on earth could it be :D

Posted

had fun driving up north saturday morning, the M1 was very snowy and dangerous north of sheffield.

then a couple of inches on the pennines, sadly it was all wet and soggy though wasnt it?!

Posted

Glad u saw some snow mate, whats with the ??????????????????????????????????

Quote went in twice???????????????????????:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

I dont understand charts lol so explain what this shows and when ??????

Shows a chance of a cold start to march with north/northeasterly winds, gfs showed this on a few runs now but ecm having none of it. Fustrates me how just because GP says ecm ismore likely to come off everyone has thrown in the towel. He may be a clever guy but the weather will do as it pleases and I am certainly going to stay optimistic about another cold shot before the winters out!!