Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

We WILLget our storms, I feel it in ma bones lol.:winky: Seriously, this could not or COULD be a good year but it's certainly going to be exciting especially if it's the latter.:D (if that makes sense lol)

Edited by Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Ok, i just left. On friday i got a serfic with heavy wind and rain. And a fair bit of thunder and ic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

I've done quite well stormwise over the last few years, particularly 2005, but last year was woeful. The two thunderstorms I recorded were very weak affairs with just one or two rumbles/flashes each. Still, better than nothing I suppose! I'm hoping we see more thundery activity this year, I long to see a decent thunderstorm again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Im only 19 and i was petrified of storms when i was young, but i still get a bit nervous when i see a flash at night even now. I can remember alot of storms from the 90s but I don't know if they seemed to happen more often or just because I was scared they seemed bigger and long lasting. I really hope for some imports as I don't think I have ever seen a full on MCS with mutliple cells. I just can't remember any if i have seen one. My phoebia turned basically into an addiction and I absoloutley love it! I have been way to close to lightning in mexico out in a Eco park with water rides and animals with just some flip flops and trunks on. the whole morning we just kept getting pounded with storms these storms just consisted of CG strikes only and the lightning was getting way to close with hail to boot im glad it wasn't larger then pea sized as it hurt enough as it was as we were walking the beach lightning hit a tree just infront of us raining smouldering bits of wood down on the beach I was petrified. I have witnessed some all mighty storms one night in mexico we got 3 different storms IN ONE NIGHT! and it didn't stop raining for 3 days, it was torrential as a tropical wave came past the yucatan peninsula, even florida didn't fail to disapoint me with a crackin storm and lightning could be seen on 11 days out of 15 we were there. just incredible.

unlucky for me i saw those weird looking clouds over london on friday and I knew they looked dodgey with weird orange tinges but I think i was to far to hear the thunder, or I just didn't hear it.

Well lets hope lightning before march means a good year for storms. < try and rhyme it lol

Lightning Before March, the rest of the year storms will arch (Bow Echo) lol

Them clouds on friday were what was left of the sefric that i got in the core of. At around 3:10 pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'm going to be in Norwich during the early part of this year but I'm not yet sure where I'm going to be during the summer. Norwich may be unreliable for snow (in some winters, notably 1998/99 and 1999/00, it gets more than most, while in others, notably this one, it gets less) but it is very reliable for summer thunderstorms- even last year produced a few big ones here.

In contrast the Tyne and Wear area, which is more reliable for snow (in the sense that very few winters pass by without at least one significant event) is far less reliable for summer thunderstorms. July 2009 had 7 thunder-days there but in contrast there were no thunder-days in the entire summer of 1993 and only one thunder-day in the summers of 2000 and 2001.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think last year takes some beating! Only the 23rd September storm stood out here though it was excellent with night time lightning.

I have a feeling this year again wont be that good for storms but not as bad as 2010.

28th July 2008 is by far one of the best storms in my time for some years. A series of storms pretty much clustered up giving lots of lightning, loud thunder and torrential rain almost constantly between about 6-10pm with high based lightning until about 1am in the morning! :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Hopefully to make up for 2009 and 2010's storm deficits there will be plenty of storms this year, id love to have some real explosive ones with crazy amounts of lightning arrive as the sun sets after a hot Summers Day then go on throughout the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

And I am out of here :D, had couple Flashes of Lightning and rumbles of thunder, and some pretty good lightning just off the island too :D

Posted

And I am out of here :D, had couple Flashes of Lightning and rumbles of thunder, and some pretty good lightning just off the island too :D

Well done Sk :D.

I was following this on the NW radar. Was kind of hoping it might move up to Cheltenham. But did it?? sadly no :nonono:

But hey, you got your first storm in January. :D Plenty more to come yet I hope.:good:

Here's hoping you don't need to rejoin the club in the near future.:winky:

Posted

Well done Sk :D.

I was following this on the NW radar. Was kind of hoping it might move up to Cheltenham. But did it?? sadly no :nonono:

But hey, you got your first storm in January. :D Plenty more to come yet I hope.:good:

Here's hoping you don't need to rejoin the club in the near future.:winky:

Thankyou Jane :)

Sadly I couldn't track as I was at bowls at the time, but I popped out side every now and then when the extremely heavy stuff came, and lucky caught the lightning and thunder :D.

Good luck to you too and hope you will be out here quick :p

Posted

Thankyou Jane :)

Sadly I couldn't track as I was at bowls at the time, but I popped out side every now and then when the extremely heavy stuff came, and lucky caught the lightning and thunder :D.

Good luck to you too and hope you will be out here quick :p

Thank you very much :)

I am am really looking forward to what this years storm season will bring. I know I say it every year, but I'm sure this year is the one.:lol:

Posted

Thank you very much :)

I am am really looking forward to what this years storm season will bring. I know I say it every year, but I'm sure this year is the one.:lol:

That's good though, always good to stay positive, and being patient about them, one day you willg et your reward with biggest storm you will have ever seen in you life :D

Posted

I'm sure this year is the one.:lol:

:clap:

night-thunder-storm-lightning.jpg

Posted

:clap:

night-thunder-storm-lightning.jpg

Wow Coast,:blink: now that is what I call a proper storm. Maybe it's an omen for me :lol: That's quite some lightning there! I like lightning as long as it stays a little way in the distance and not over my house lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Tbh i think the lack of storms only occured after the opening of this thread so i demand its closed down. :lol:

And it all started in a little place in Gloucestershire...

...it spread to affect the whole country. Can 2011 beat 2010? :lol:

Posted

Tbh i think the lack of storms only occured after the opening of this thread so i demand its closed down. :lol:

And it all started in a little place in Gloucestershire...

...it spread to affect the whole country. Can 2011 beat 2010? :lol:

Lol Blizzards, I think you're right you know.:p

I'm sure I've jinxed it for everybody.:blush:

I'm still remaining positive. Never give up is one of my mottos lol

Posted

Well, here I am again. :) Maybe a little too early for the time of year perhaps.

And as with 2010, will happily help out Jane Louise with this thread.

2010 for myself here in Solihull, quite contrasting at times with the first major-ish but unexpected storm occuring on 1st May 2010 with some pretty large hail. The final one for 2010 and what a finale it was with night lightning on 23rd September . (Last seen in July 1994!)

Hoping for more of the same in 2011. (Preferably MORE!)

Good luck, and this remember is the only club we don't want members to join without valid reason. :winky:

Phil.

Posted

Well, here I am again. :) Maybe a little too early for the time of year perhaps.

And as with 2010, will happily help out Jane Louise with this thread.

2010 for myself here in Solihull, quite contrasting at times with the first major-ish but unexpected storm occuring on 1st May 2010 with some pretty large hail. The final one for 2010 and what a finale it was with night lightning on 23rd September . (Last seen in July 1994!)

Hoping for more of the same in 2011. (Preferably MORE!)

Good luck, and this remember is the only club we don't want members to join without valid reason. :winky:

Phil.

Hi Phil,

Nice to see you back and thank you for helping.:)

I am remaining positive again this year. Really hoping Summer provides :D

Good luck to you and everybody else and myself of course lol

Posted

Good luck all for storm season :D

And you Stuart.:good:even when you've moved to a new area may you be blessed with many storms for years to come.:D

Knowing your luck though, when you move the storms will start happening where you used to live .Now that would be sods law if it were to happen lol grrrrr :doh:

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

If you are missing UK storms, there is a new thread open specifically for European storms and convective weather discussion here:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well no storms in either Yatton or Egham yet but I'm not complaining as the first storm doesn't usually arrive until March anyway. I think the most thundery winter recently must have been 2006-2007 (I say thundery but not by summer standards) with a thunderstorm on December 3rd, December 7th, January 21st and February 28th.

Here's hoping for widespread storms a la 28th July 2008. :drinks: