Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted

Thats the real reason I started going over there Quent!

Was so hacked off with the lack of T-Storms over here compared to the eighties and nineties that I thought i would try it out, and I am glad i did as i never knew storms could be so severe :wacko:

Posted

Time I joined. Storms to the west & north yesterday & to the east today. Stoke really is a no go area for storms. Considering we're about 30 miles from Telford & the west mids who never miss out, we get nowt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Time I joined. Storms to the west & north yesterday & to the east today. Stoke really is a no go area for storms. Considering we're about 30 miles from Telford & the west mids who never miss out, we get nowt.

Roads were like rivers just up the road in Crewe mate. Haven't seen rain that intense for a while. Looks like next weekend is the next opportunity.....but being 7 days out it is likely to change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!

Telford and thunderstorms?? What's a thunderstorm? I really can't remember the last one here I never saw one the whole of last year ( apart from when I went to Spain!) That storm sheld is going strong still haha!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I like the question that Shane asks. What indeed is a thunderstorm?

Some places such as Telford and here seem to have an unbreakable storm shield.

Posted

Thats the real reason I started going over there Quent!

Was so hacked off with the lack of T-Storms over here compared to the eighties and nineties that I thought i would try it out, and I am glad i did as i never knew storms could be so severe :wacko:

Ditto North East Essex. Haven't even seen any lightning over the North Sea. I think it's been 8 months since I heard thunder.

Posted

had nothing since 2009 here. and that was only 1 measly storm for the whole year! why is it that i remember being terrified of storms for pretty much the whole summer when i was younger?1?!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Last time there was a thunderstorm here was September 23rd last year, only I had gone to the southeast to university where there aren't any storms!

Came very close yesterday being surrounded by cbs but didn't get anything. Maybe the advancing low pressure this time next week will deliver the first round.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Hi all,

I almost had a storm yesterday lol all the right conditions again, 2 beautiful CB's one on my left and one on my right, I think I heard 2 very faint rumbles from the pair of them, then that was it :lol:

Oh, well, roll on Summer still plenty of time yet :cray:

Posted

I'm joining this 'no storms club'

And i guarantee i'm one of the few that want to remain in it !!!

Posted

I'm joining this 'no storms club'

And i guarantee i'm one of the few that want to remain in it !!!

Hi there Donna,:)

Now ,if I remember rightly from last year! are you the donna who has a phobia about storms ? :help:

Posted

Hi there Donna,:)

Now ,if I remember rightly from last year! are you the donna who has a phobia about storms ? :help:

yes you remembered well ,, so keep all your lovely storms away from me please ...

as i want to be remaining in this club for as long as poss,, 50 yrs

Edited by donna-m

Posted

im joining and here to stay ;)

Hey Tom I really thought today I would be leaving the lovely people of this group but I am here to stay I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Last time there was a thunderstorm here was September 23rd last year

Same here Michael. Looks like I will be a member of this club for a while yet. I long for some interesting weather, as much as I've enjoyed the sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

I'm joining, no storm activity this year here yet!wallbash.gif

Posted

I'm joining, no storm activity this year here yet!wallbash.gif

:lol: You'll be out of this club before long, just remember how early it is yet!!

Posted

yes you remembered well ,, so keep all your lovely storms away from me please ...

as i want to be remaining in this club for as long as poss,, 50 yrs

Lol donna,

I don't even get storms that's why I'm in the club. :pIf you get any your way blow them our way I'm sure we'll be very grateful.:lol:

Anyone mind if I pull up a chair? :hi:

Saw some great TCu yesterday afternoon with a few rumbles of thunder blah-blah-blah... point is, I didn't see a thunderstorm. So, I'm in here.

You usually do quite well W09, bet you'll be out of the club before me :p. Remember we still have about another 6 months to go.:D

Posted

No storms here - rarely are, but on Saturday night, when out with my telescope, it was a crystal clear night, but there were very faint, barely perceptible flashes coming from the south-east. I assume these were the result of storms over Yorkshire? It would have been about 11pm?

Posted

No storms here - rarely are, but on Saturday night, when out with my telescope, it was a crystal clear night, but there were very faint, barely perceptible flashes coming from the south-east. I assume these were the result of storms over Yorkshire? It would have been about 11pm?

That would be the one that exploded over towards Goole. The lightning was lighting the sky up in all directions here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'm still in the No-Storms Club for 2011- still plenty of time to go though!

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

I'm still in the No-Storms Club for 2011- still plenty of time to go though!

Aye me too Ian, last Saturday showed potential with some large Cb's around but nothing came of it, although 40+ mile away in southern Teeside looked like it got a few good thunderstorms according to the bright echoes on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Add me to the club. I love a good thunderstorm, but haven't had a good all nighter since 1997!

It looked promising last weekend with some big thunderclouds but they petered outmad.gif

Posted

I thought i was going to be in the no storms club this year as well but i was near the one that exploded near crystal palace so i will just have to say that up until 4pm saturday i was in the no storms club.

And so my new pass has been removed very quickly lol :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Posted

Sadly, welcome to the No Storms club New members. Hope you get a storm sometime this year .:)