Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I thought i was going to be in the no storms club this year as well but i was near the one that exploded near crystal palace so i will just have to say that up until 4pm saturday i was in the no storms club.

And so my new pass has been removed very quickly lol :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Oooh you are lucky :D I may get my turn tomorrow :lol: Keep yer fingers crossed for me pleeasee :winky:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Oooh you are lucky :D I may get my turn tomorrow :lol: Keep yer fingers crossed for me pleeasee :winky:

Fingers crossed! :D C'mon clouds, unleash your thundery power among us! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Sorry guys but I gotta leavecray.gif I saw some sheet lightning and heard a couple of light rumbles in a light T-Storm, so I'm out of the club.

Posted

I'm staying in for the time being. I've so far seen a flash on the horizon and heard a very distant rumble but I don't think that's enough to say farewell yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Dear Thor,

Please could you send a huge thunderstorm my way. You know one of those that lasts all night with loads of lightening and thunder that you can just sit by the window watching forever? It's been the perfect conditions for the last week or so. You know how much I love them. The last good one was August 1997, you remember it was the day before we went on holiday to Bulgaria. I really enjoyed the ones you sent in the Maldives, Thailand and China, that was some cool stuff. All I'm asking for is one night, all night long, but without anyone getting hurt.

I could watch it over the fields before bedtime and then I could lie in bed with the curtains open and watch it for the rest of the night. It would be so awesome.

In exchange for this I shall sacrifice three goats in your honour. Unless you're vegetarian, in which case I'll make some yummy veggie burgers (but I can't really see the mighty Thor being veggie).

We cool?

Love

Humble Earthling

Edited by Lauren

Posted

Remember People,:cray:

We still have the Summer to go through yet!:whistling:

The start of storm season officially starts tomorrow, so many opportunities yet!:drunk:

Please do try and remain calm and collective like me .:lol:

And certainly expect the unexpected.:winky:

Edited by Jane Louise

Posted

Friday 29th April 2011...

About as close as you can get whist Milton Keynes and surrounding areas were enjoying it when RIGHT underneath it...

Meanwhile moi in Solihull had to contend with this... And talk about sitting on the outside looking in. (See attachment below!)

Sighs!

Oh, and Jane Louise...

If you got a storm out of that seeing as it was heading directly your way, does that mean you'll have to abandon your own No Storms Club? :lol:

Phil.

post-8209-0-86624700-1304325199_thumb.jp

Edited by Phil UK

Posted

Friday 29th April 2011...

About as close as you can get whist Milton Keynes and surrounding areas were enjoying it when RIGHT underneath it...

Meanwhile moi in Solihull had to contend with this... And talk about sitting on the outside looking in. (See attachment below!)

Sighs!

Oh, and Jane Louise...

If you got a storm out of that seeing as it was heading directly your way, does that mean you'll have to abandon your own No Storms Club? :lol:

Phil.

Hiya Phil,:D

If we both end up witha Proper thunderstorm and that means directly overhead (a very rare thing nowadays I know lol):lol: then we both can resign but we still need to cheer up the no storm members of the club and keep them optimistic.

:lol:

I managed to get 2 rumbles and 2 flashes in the distance on the 29th April. which isen't a bad start so far .:)

Posted

Still waiting.

So what exactly would throw us out of the club. How much and how far away do you have to be?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Still waiting.

So what exactly would throw us out of the club. How much and how far away do you have to be?

Hi Lauren,

I'm not really sure of Jane's rules but I'm sure the TS doesn't have to be this close - http://www.dailymail...TV-footage.html

Also, I really liked your post no. 110, a fair few of us, should perhaps, also write to the weather gods once in a while.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

PS! I possibly shouldn't be in here as I've had 1 storm this year on 26th March. :oops::nonono:

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Hi Lauren,

I'm not really sure of Jane's rules but I'm sure the TS doesn't have to be this close - http://www.dailymail...TV-footage.html

Also, I really liked your post no. 110, a fair few of us, should perhaps, also write to the weather gods once in a while.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

PS! I possibly shouldn't be in here as I've had 1 storm this year on 26th March. :oops::nonono:

ok well I won't be leaving the club until I have a storm that goes over me. i won't be counting vague rumbles and flashes in the distance.

Posted

I was just reading this thread (this is off topic), but I just wondered when the 'official' storm season started and when it ends? Thanks. :)

Posted

I think Phil and I would agree that a storm actually has to be overhead rather then a distant far away couple of rumbles and the odd flash of lightning. I used to get some astounding storms about 5 years ago when storms would last for hours. It seems nowadays that even if a storm is nigh all it can manage is a tiny rumble of thunder and after waiting for half an hour or more that's all that happens Lol :lol:

So basically, a good overhead storm with frequent lightning and thunder that lasts over half an hour is what we would count as a storm and certainly fits the bill.

Storm season has started IAJD :drunk:

Posted

I think Phil and I would agree that a storm actually has to be overhead rather then a distant far away couple of rumbles and the odd flash of lightning. I used to get some astounding storms about 5 years ago when storms would last for hours. It seems nowadays that even if a storm is nigh all it can manage is a tiny rumble of thunder and after waiting for half an hour or more that's all that happens Lol :lol:

So basically, a good overhead storm with frequent lightning and thunder that lasts over half an hour is what we would count as a storm and certainly fits the bill.

Storm season has started IAJD :drunk:

Thanks, when does it end though? September? :)

Posted

Thanks, when does it end though? September? :)

Sorry I didn't answer your question correctly :oops:

I'm not to sure on the end at a rough guess I would probably say December, Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I know the Autumn thunderstorms can carry on right up until November in some parts.:)

Edited by Jane Louise

Posted

Storm season can carry on into October. (23rd September 2010 springs to mind. First night time storm since July 1994. Snow in Solihull on 28th October 2009) But that said, depending on two factors...

1... Diurnal heating which because of the heat and shortening length of the day will give storms less 'oomph'. But may work in coastal regions given the warmer sea.

2... Elevation, be low, mid or high level, the former will dissipate after sunset, high level will continue well after midnight.

Phil.

Hiya Phil,:D

If we both end up witha Proper thunderstorm and that means directly overhead (a very rare thing nowadays I know lol):lol: then we both can resign but we still need to cheer up the no storm members of the club and keep them optimistic.

:lol:

I managed to get 2 rumbles and 2 flashes in the distance on the 29th April. which isen't a bad start so far .:)

In that case... Maybe poor Stuart who maybe has to watch YouTube to see a thunderstorm take over us? Call it say 'Stuart's Stormless Club 2011' :mellow:

Phil.

Posted

In that case... Maybe poor Stuart who maybe has to watch YouTube to see a thunderstorm take over us? Call it say 'Stuart's Stormless Club 2011' :mellow:

Phil.

Lol poor Stu :(

I hope he gets a storm this weekend.:D A downgrade for me as usual but it'll change for the better I know it! :whistling::lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Potentially some very good Thunderstorms tomorrow evening with a good old night show quite a good possibility now especially for SW, CS England, The Midlands and Wales. :D

Good luck to those still in this club. Thankfully i got out early this year. :lol:

Posted

Potentially some very good Thunderstorms tomorrow evening with a good old night show quite a good possibility now especially for SW, CS England, The Midlands and Wales. :D

Good luck to those still in this club. Thankfully i got out early this year. :lol:

Thank you Blizzards :D It's all looking promising. Good luck to you to, even though you've had more storms then me Lol :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thank you Blizzards :D It's all looking promising. Good luck to you to, even though you've had more storms then me Lol :p

Only 1 but me being greedy i shall hapilly take more. :lol:

Posted

I think quite a few people will be leaving this group after the weekend

but hopefully I'm here to staydrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Congrats to those leaving the group tonight....I have a hunch I won't be joining them though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Managed to get some distant thunder and lightning last night, though no direct storm! fingers crossed for today/tonight though!! Good Luck to those still waiting to see something :)

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Had pretty good storm yesterday evening so for once Im out of here and earlyish on too :drinks: