Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports monday 10th May

Paul

Posted

Border News forecast a sunny and dry evening. Had they been arsed to look out of the window however.......just on the edge of a thunderstorm right now...main body seems slightly over to the east, over perhaps the M6 and Shap.

Posted

hi all, Four rumbles here with one flash of lightning about 20mins ago. Unfortunatly it all started after it had already gone over me :p

Posted

The area of storms is decaying quickly now, but not before I witnessed 4 great pink flashes of lightning at the edge of Salisbury Plain :D No thunder as evidence of the dieing out process.

Cloud seems to be breaking slightly and radar at 2100 has hardly anyhting left on it compared to earlier.

Posted

Well a truly busy 1st day for the league tables, I thought you did'nt get any Storms Sue???? :D8) At this rate you may even win this week!!

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Only distant thunder for Lancaster, but the rainstorm has been quite something, with a period of remarkable torrential rain.

Posted

Just got back home to discover we had 27mm of rain and hail in 2 and a half hours, and at one point, it was falling at a rate of 250mm/hour.

Posted
had thunder and lightning last night at around 6pm and some around  9 and 10pm with heavy rain here in Bournemouth

Same here, a period of torrential rain from 9 to 10pm with a flash of lightning every 1 and a half minutes or so, some strikes were relatively close, but it looked as though the majority were towards my SE (Isle of Wight).

Some pretty nice strikes :D

Posted

For Last Night: I'd like to echo the Lancaster report, however without thunder, the torrential rain was quite something dropping vertically from the heavens with speed and force.

Posted

Thought I would add that Basingstoke had a shower with heavy drops around 6.30pm (Monday) that lasted about 10 minutes.

The a storm bumbled around us for about an hour but did not produce any more rain and then disappeared.