Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Spring Weather Discussion Thread

J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

15.5°C this afternoon, very nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

15.5°C this afternoon, very nice!

Agreed its a very nice spring day!! Had a lovely high of 15.8C :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Remained cloudy here, a mild 13c midday, but in the cooler air this afternoon at 8-10c only.

Turning into a very dry March, with just 12mm rain at the half way point.

Temperatures 2c below the February mean at this point, just 4.9c first half of March compared with 6.9c for February.

Posted

Time to climb the Brecons or snowdonia if you want to see some transient snow on friday

11031812_1612.gif

maybe a last flake for me

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

That has gone/moved much further South on the 18z. No other models agreed with the 12z NAE really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

That has gone/moved much further South on the 18z. No other models agreed with the 12z NAE really.

I hope the 12Z NAE is wrong! I dont want 2C and heavy rain, at any time of year, I want 15C now and dry

Posted

To be fair to Andymusic, the lovely Behnaz Akhgar, on her BBC Wales forecast yesterday, showed snow tonight for the high ground of mid-north Wales.

I think you would need to be up before dawn and on a hill top above 500masl to have a chance of even a flake though. Rather it now looks like a spell of rain for south Wales tonight with temperatures too high for anything Wintry,

Posted

To be fair to Andymusic, the lovely Behnaz Akhgar, on her BBC Wales forecast yesterday, showed snow tonight for the high ground of mid-north Wales.

I think you would need to be up before dawn and on a hill top above 500masl to have a chance of even a flake though. Rather it now looks like a spell of rain for south Wales tonight with temperatures too high for anything Wintry,

the front appers to be wanting to pass further south now - so avoiding mixing in with the colder -5 upper air, so not looking so promising

will be patiently waiting for some thunder storm action now as we approach late spring/early summer - looking very dry on the models though at the moment - very similar to last year - very dry then for the 1st 6 months of the year

we didn't really get a great deal of thunderstorm activity last year, so may be we'll get a better year this year

Posted

-5c this morning.

Some warm weather coming up next week, many parts of Wales should see 60f reached.

Posted

Very warm in fact! 18c today this after an air frost with a range of 19c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Only 14.7C here today but there was a breeze off the sea... Lots of bees flying around today though

Posted

I hope this weather continues for a while with the odd few days of rain to keep the plants happy :p... Actually feels quite hot in comparison to what we had just a few months ago... Can't seem to access the model thread for some reason? :S

Posted

A 20c diurnal range today, from a frosty -1c this morning, to an unseasonably warm and Summer-like 19c this afternoon!

Only half an inch of rain so far this month, very dry.