Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Spring Weather Discussion Thread

J10

Another really nice day today, and the frost has remained all day in the shade. Just nice to see the sun, and although cloud amounts may increase in coming days, generally SW areas look to be the best places to see the most of the sun throughout much of next week.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

These unexpected and unforecast cold spells are the best. 72 hours sub 3c with severe frosts and lovely sunny days. Dont mind another week of this. -7c currently.

These unexpected and unforecast cold spells are the best. 72 hours sub 3c with severe frosts and lovely sunny days. Dont mind another week of this. -7c currently.

You're cold tonight Tony, although we didn't even manage 0C today. It's Wales v Scotland for the first country to -10C :lol: :good:

Without a change in airmass I can't see it getting warmer very quickly for either of our countries.

Posted

So true -3.7 here and looks very white outside , who wants snow when it looks like this , love to see some Harsh frost though, nights are drawing out though and the sun aint hot at the momment , so another 2 months of winter , Febuary looks promising though .... BLizzard ere i reckon :smiliz23:

Posted

Been out gritting tonight. Temperatures are alot lower than that of what I have in my forecasting reports. Lowest temp recorded at minus 4 degrees (Pencoed).

Lets hope it continues and continues and continues. Anyone got a heads up on how February is looking?

Posted

By god theres a bitter feel this morning currently -7. Much colder than forecast for 3 nights in a row now, it is also colder int he western side of the cet zone. January in Wales will come in below average imo but not by a huge amount. Still another below average winter ide say about 70% likely.

Posted

This week could well tip January on the cold side however if the high turns cloudy (likely) then closer to average in the end.

Min -9c not bad for so called 'faux' cold!

Uppers may not be low but the surface is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Currently -5.5C with a lovely frost and clear skies! I will be happy if it stayed like this till the end of the month!

Is there much of a chance of us getting snow next month?? Im happy with what we have now, but it would be nice to see snow again before the winter is out!

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted

This week could well tip January on the cold side however if the high turns cloudy (likely) then closer to average in the end.

Min -9c not bad for so called 'faux' cold!

Uppers may not be low but the surface is.

Yes what's help you in Dyffryn Teifi is the freezing fog you had which surpressed temperatures at the beginning of the week. It was similar here but the fog lifted around lunch time. Still would sooner this weather than any mild drib drab. I feel our seasons are reverting back to type? Personal feeling and its too soon to say such a thing I admit however there has been some colleration in the last 4/5 years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

This is the coldest day of the month here, a low of -5.5C thismorning and currently only 2.3C with frost on paths, roads, roofs etc in the shade remaining all day! There has been frost on some areas for 3days now and hasn't lifted!

-5c here overnight, with a lot of ice about, I don't think it was much above freezing here this afternoon, but in the sun not too bad.

(Mumbles temps correspondingly Min -1 and Max +4c)

Hope any increases in the cloud amounts for early next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Lowest temp was -6 this morning on the way to work. -7 was the lowest on the journey during december. Much happier with cold and fine than wet and windy. It's nice to travel to and from work in semi-daylight as well instead of in semi-darkness.

Posted

Meto forecast snow for 9am tomorrow morning, sleet then at 12pm.

Why are you still following those forecasts Jay? Onest mate they are not consistent or correct

Posted

coldest day of 2011 here in the Rhymney Valley today - got a low of -7.3 at 8am this morning. Was in double digit negative before the New Year but after the mush that proceeded Christmas I'm not complaining.

Posted

Yes must admit , very cold outside tonight down to -2.3 all ready and looking like its gonna be like this for a few more nights , so we still have winter .

further north very mild ...Ha ha ha ....just love these cold nights even without the Snow i am Happy :smiliz34:

Hope I'm wrong, but I cannot really see anywhere in Wales getting any appreciable snow to the end of January, go on them models prove me wrong. :lol:

Seriously though, the patterns are well set, High pressure in charge, and there seems no real route back to Weather conducive to snow for the time being.

(A toppler might be the only chance but even that is a long shot.)

----

With the exception of Snowdonia is there any lying snow over Wales atm, even over other high ground.

Posted

Hope I'm wrong, but I cannot really see anywhere in Wales getting any appreciable snow to the end of January, go on them models prove me wrong. :lol:

Seriously though, the patterns are well set, High pressure in charge, and there seems no real route back to Weather conducive to snow for the time being.

(A toppler might be the only chance but even that is a long shot.)

I am not really bothered about the snow but it makes me laugh winter is over remarks where i have recorded 5 night of -3 or lower ,thats winter weather, but it will snow on february the 8th a remarkable snowy day.:whistling: Edited by keithlucky

I am not really bothered about the snow but it makes me laugh winter is over remarks where i have recorded 5 night of -3 or lower ,thats winter weather

If the absence of snow, this current weather week has been spot on. :D

Posted

The whole uk does not want snow all the time in winter. we need 1 heaters in the sky every 10 cm of sky and we will have the perfect weather for us all in winter. I think turn Europe upside down and give spain our weather so the med sea contires like spain italy get the snow for a change. But we were part of mainland Europe at one time. And we get the perfect weather for many years to come.

Edited by abbaman

I am not really bothered about the snow but it makes me laugh winter is over remarks where i have recorded 5 night of -3 or lower ,thats winter weather, but it will snow on february the 8th a remarkable snowy day.:whistling:

Looking Back on my Snow stats, previous winter on the 8th Feb have given

1999 2 Inches of Snow PM

2000-05 No snow

2006 Wintry Showers

2007 1-2 inches of snow fell overnight

2008 No snow

2009 Wet Snow, but with a full covering from previous day

2010 No snow

So not a bad ratio, of snow on this day, and other places may have more snow than this.

Posted

I am not really bothered about the snow but it makes me laugh winter is over remarks where i have recorded 5 night of -3 or lower ,thats winter weather, but it will snow on february the 8th a remarkable snowy day.:whistling:

No it will be raining all the time.

Posted

Looking Back on my Snow stats, previous winter on the 8th Feb have given

1999 2 Inches of Snow PM

2000-05 No snow

2006 Wintry Showers

2007 1-2 inches of snow fell overnight

2008 No snow

2009 Wet Snow, but with a full covering from previous day

2010 No snow

So not a bad ratio, of snow on this day, and other places may have more snow than this.

Nice one jackone 1991 a belter beast from the east 12incs of snow lol.

Posted

8th and 9th of February is a weird date always snow around about that time (not ever year granted however a good fair few. Similary the 1st of March never seems to be overly mild and either snowy or frosty. Another date that always crops up is around the 23rd of November around there also. Weird

Posted

8th and 9th of February is a weird date always snow around about that time (not ever year granted however a good fair few. Similary the 1st of March never seems to be overly mild and either snowy or frosty. Another date that always crops up is around the 23rd of November around there also. Weird

Yes adam march the 1 another good one funny enough early march is our best month for snow.

Edited by keithlucky