Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Winter/Spring Weather Discussion Part 6

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I can guarntee you it will in castlederg it always does and i'll post a reply to this again when it does! I don't live in the west of england so i can't get effected by the irish sea infact the irish sea is about 100 miles from me!!

Crap, sorry I meant the Atlantic!

But no chance of dipping below -3C. Sorry. :p

-4C at a push!

I can guarntee you it will in castlederg it always does and i'll post a reply to this again when it does! I don't live in the west of england so i can't get effected by the irish sea infact the irish sea is about 100 miles from me!! And i don't really have high expectations i always get -5c here it isn't very hard to get here because of how far north i am and that i am in a frost hollow, its high for you though because you struggle to even get -2c.blum.gif

We achieved -11C last cold spell mate.

Didn't get above 0C for about a week, and -5C was the maximum minimum night time temperature!!

Posted

-4C at a push!

We'll see about that and the atlantic is miles from me about 100 miles to it aswell you need a north westerly wind to get affected from that. I don't live in donegal sunshine i live basically in antrim only live 3 miles from it and my geography is much closer to antrim so its antrim.

-4C at a push!

We achieved -11C last cold spell mate.

Didn't get above 0C for about a week, and -5C was the maximum minimum night time temperature!!

Good for you MATE i achieved -17c here. And i didn't get above -10c for 4 days, and had negative temperatures for 4 weeks so ha you only had it for a week a far cry from what i had your snow mustn't have lasted long then.

Edited by kimmirut

Posted

We'll see about that and the atlantic is miles from me about 100 miles to it aswell you need a north westerly wind to get affected from that. I don't live in donegal sunshine i live basically in antrim only live 3 miles from it and my geography is much closer to antrim so its antrim.

Good for you MATE i achieved -17c here. And i didn't get above -10c for 4 days, and had negative temperatures for 4 weeks so ha you only had it for a week a far cry from what i had your snow mustn't have lasted long then.

Models don't show it getting below -2C in Ireland/Northern Ireland tonight.

Knock a couple of degrees off for your hollow :p

-3C - -4C is my estimate.

Posted

Models don't show it getting below -2C in Ireland/Northern Ireland tonight.

Knock a couple of degrees off for your hollow :p

-3C - -4C is my estimate.

Well we'll just see about that in the morning if there ain't no cloud or wind like last night.wallbash.gif Oh and castlederg will get at least -5c which you said nowhere will achieve i know it, or katesbridge.

Posted

I find it hard to believe you didn't get above minus 10 for 4 days...

But... whatever.

Got any records for that? :p

Posted

I find it hard to believe you didn't get above minus 10 for 4 days...

But... whatever.

Got any records for that? :p

WELL I DID! @ This isn't england its NORTHERN IRELAND far colder than england. Sure castlederg got -19c one night.blum.gif Also they never got above that for similar length of time. Stop estimating my weather to yours.. i live in a totally different region to you and a totally different topographical area aswell.

Posted

WELL I DID! @ This isn't england its NORTHERN IRELAND far colder than england. Sure castlederg got -19c one night.blum.gif Also they never got above that for similar length of time. Stop estimating my weather to yours.. i live in a totally different region to you and a totally different topographical area aswell.

Far colder than England?

No way is Ireland colder than England!!

With a comparison to your area to mine you're colder, but the area as a whole, England has a much lower average than Northern Ireland.

I didn't say you never got -10C for 4 days, I just said do you have any records!

Jeeze, calm down.

Posted

Far colder than England?

No way is Ireland colder than England!!

With a comparison to your area to mine you're colder, but the area as a whole, England has a much lower average than Northern Ireland.

I didn't say you never got -10C for 4 days, I just said do you have any records!

Jeeze, calm down.

I Don't live in Ireland i live in Northern Ireland theres a difference.. their climate is totally different to ours they hardly ever get snow on the south coast they were going mad and saying that it was extreme when they got 3cm for god sake.whistling.gif I get snow without fail every single year they don't see it sometimes for 5 years! Anyhow england is hardly colder than here end of. I have a similar climate to west scotland but maybe a bit less marginal, my temps would be colder in the winter than ayr for example, when marginal conditions occur i normally get snow and they get rain.

Hmm weather looks interesting and exciting for tomorrow they show ice days for nearly everyone and fog mmm maybe get everything white again mm!! Hope that happens!! Meanwhile temp dropping fast 0.5c.

You really do have very high expectations mate.

Frost hollow or no frost hollow there's not a chance you will get close to -8C in this set up. The cold is weak, and I would actually be VERY surprised if you achieved lower than -3C tonight.

I won't be expecting even the most extreme frost hollow to dip below -4C tonight.

-8C is out of the question. The wind is even Westerly.

Are you sure about that it has just dropped 0.7c here in the last ten minutes..

Edited by kimmirut

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

kimmirut, this is utter garbage... England is hardly colder?! Can't reply with a sane answer, but you make Castlederg seem like Inner Greenland.

-10C not reached for 4 weeks? Move of it, maybe 4 hours.

Western Scotland is warmer than parts of NE England, and much of Higher Ground in the UK, even Leeds and Durham are colder.

Your attitude is absolutely disgraceful, and I'm a good few years younger than you, disgraceful.

Posted

Temp is now -0.5c this is dropping like mad how can this be happening so quick i've never seen it drop this fast it drops fast but not like a degree in 15 minutes!! that is mad!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A clear and cold day here today,nice winter weather. Todays max 4.3c

Curent temp 1.2c

Posted

How many metres above the ground is your thermometer?

Its 1.5m no doubt thats wrong but whatever i think i know whether the temperature is right.

Posted

1.25m is the correct measurement :)

Whatever i know when it is too high or too low.

Posted

Whatever i know when it is too high or too low.

That's nice :closedeyes:

Looks like Ireland is in the best place for sunshine during this period. I don't expect snowfall for a few weeks though.

Posted

That's nice :closedeyes:

Looks like Ireland is in the best place for sunshine during this period. I don't expect snowfall for a few weeks though.

Yep nice good cold frosty weather my type of weather looks like its going to be an ice day tomorrow mm... no snowfall for ages though don't want any cloud either lol.

Posted

Yep nice good cold frosty weather my type of weather looks like its going to be an ice day tomorrow mm... no snowfall for ages though don't want any cloud either lol.

Really? 6C highs in your area tomorrow according to Hi-Res NMM.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

The GEFS 12z out to t192 has just 3 members showing marginal snow conditions with the rest having 850s too high, nothing much of interest before that with a continuation of the cool dry weather.

So for the next week, temps dropping to between -2C and -6C at night for most areas and rising to around 4C or 5C during the day, lower if there's any fog, but mainly clear skies.

Perfect for any amateur astronomers out there!

Posted

Really? 6C highs in your area tomorrow according to Hi-Res NMM.

6c are you foreal! I haven't had that in ages today was 3c even, the metoffice are going for -1c as a high it really depends on how low we get tonight and whether there is fog or not, most of time you need about -5c for a ice day.

Just an update of the current conditions:

Temperature: -1.5c.

Humidity: 82%

Dew point: -3.9c.

Cloud Cover: None.

Wind Speed: 0mph

Perfect conditions for a nice cold night. Ground frozen solid again after about 5 days and nicely crisped up as well mm maybe get some hoar frost later if fog forms hopefully.

Edited by kimmirut

Posted

6c are you foreal! I haven't had that in ages today was 3c even, the metoffice are going for -1c as a high it really depends on how low we get tonight and whether there is fog or not, most of time you need about -5c for a ice day.

Just an update of the current conditions:

Temperature: -1.5c.

Humidity: 82%

Dew point: -3.9c.

Cloud Cover: None.

Wind Speed: 0mph

Perfect conditions for a nice cold night. Ground frozen solid again after about 5 days and nicely crisped up as well mm maybe get some hoar frost later if fog forms hopefully.

The high-resolution isn't going to be wrong at this stage mate.

I can't help but thinking your sensor is faulty.

No where in Ireland or NORTHERN Ireland is below 3C. Are you sure you haven't put your sensor in the fridge? It's wrong.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

Wasting your time arguing with kimirut lads, he has the most bizarre outlooks, and a most offensive way of expressing himself! He's a child, so can't expect a reasoned mature debate.

Posted

Wasting your time arguing with kimirut lads, he has the most bizarre outlooks, and a most offensive way of expressing himself! He's a child, so can't expect a reasoned mature debate.

I'm only 13, and I like to put about myself in a respected manner, so anyone can... and I think he is 14 or 15.

Posted

Uck I give up its just that in a child that you'd don't believe me i don't care if you believe me all I know is it's true... Whatever don't care what you lot think I think I know what my weathers like I'M NOT ASKING YOU!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

No where in Ireland or NORTHERN Ireland is below 3C. Are you sure you haven't put your sensor in the fridge? It's wrong.

??Well your wrong there,the temp here is 0.4c