Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Winter/Spring Weather Discussion Part 6

Cookie

Posted

Well if u are going to make a point as ridiculous as that then counter act it with your sunny sky comment. Really!!! And on that sunny sky statement u are saying that in dec when it was sunny temperatures rose above freezing!! Come on kimmirut your letting urself down here. Just think a liitle before you post and you may get a bit more respect. It's a learning curve and we have all been there but your young and unwise so all we ask is for u try your best and be honest in relation to what u post.

Your not getting me nvm thats not what i said.

Cooling down quick here

-3.4c now already the man on the weather mentioned -8c in ni in rural parts i think that might happen here if it keeps dropping quick.

Edited by kimmirut

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

another stunning wall to wall sunshiny day. top temp 2.0c

now a beautiful starry moonlit very cold frosty night. current outside temp -2.4c.

frost persisted in the shade today.

Posted

Cooling down here:

Current Conditions:

Temperature: -3.9c.

Weather: clear.

Wind: None.

Humidity: 96%

Fog is starting to form hopefully some lovely hoar frost to look at tomorrow maybe we will get low enough for a proper ice day i.e one which will keep the frost 0c isn't really enough you need about -2c.

Edited by kimmirut

Posted

Feels colder tonight than the last week... Much colder. Currently -0.8 and dropping rapidly. An hour ago it was +1.2!

Beautiful clear sunny crisp day today. The walk to work this morning was nothing short of glorious! Love this cold weather! Long may it continue...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Cooling down here:

Current Conditions:

Temperature: -3.9c.

Weather: clear.

Wind: None.

Humidity: 96%

Fog is starting to form hopefully some lovely hoar frost to look at tomorrow maybe we will get low enough for a proper ice day i.e one which will keep the frost 0c isn't really enough you need about -2c.

You don't need -2C for frost to persist.

It was +4C here yesterday and it took a while for the frost to melt.

The temperature in which frost melts depends on the ground temperature. Frost can persist all day at +3C if the ground is cold enough.

Posted

You don't need -2C for frost to persist.

It was +4C here yesterday and it took a while for the frost to melt.

The temperature in which frost melts depends on the ground temperature. Frost can persist all day at +3C if the ground is cold enough.

I mean everywhere not in patches like today when it was 0c and the sun was too strong.

Posted

I mean everywhere not in patches like today when it was 0c and the sun was too strong.

So did I.

Posted

So did I.

Well am sorry but thats not gonna happen here! Theres not enough ground frozen the cold spell has only started and the sun has to be low actually nvm. Yous just go on and on and never give up.

Just an update on the current weather.

Temp: -4.4c

Humidity: 95%

Wind: None

Cloud: None.

Weather: clear with a bit of fog forming.

looking forward to getting up tomorrow for once to see the hoar frost hopefully and the nice chilly temps but not looking forward to them exams UGH

Edited by kimmirut

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Clear and frosty,current temp -1.9c

Posted

Well am sorry but thats not gonna happen here! Theres not enough ground frozen the cold spell has only started and the sun has to be low actually nvm. Yous just go on and on and never give up.

Just an update on the current weather.

Temp: -4.4c

Humidity: 95%

Wind: None

Cloud: None.

Weather: clear with a bit of fog forming.

looking forward to getting up tomorrow for once to see the hoar frost hopefully and the nice chilly temps but not looking forward to them exams UGH

Then maybe you should revise instead of updating us and moaning. :p :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Surpised to see Cork Airport only got down to 0.3C during last night. Walking to college today there was still some icy footpaths and frost patches around.

Posted

-1.9 now and still falling. Tomorrow's walk to work will be a slippery affair! Looking forward to it already. cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

-5C in Mullingar already, 'tis getting chilly out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

If u read my posts I said there may be a few two day events that amount to very little. Hence a normal winter with the exception of last week nov and dec? In relation to the CET it will just be below average and no more. Look, we had a cold dec and the rest of the winter looks normal as per any other year. Just because we now have frost for the last couple of nights doesn't make jan exceptionally cold. And the way I see it we will gradually get milder over the coming days and weeks and thankfully spring will be here. So I just think it's time for people to be realistic. Next winter I move to Toronto to live with my job so I will get my fair share of snow in the winter and sun in the summer. I just think northern Ireland and England will never be the snow heaven u all long for!! It's harsh but that's life.

I never said January was exceptionally cold, it's going to be below average temperature wise for Ireland as a whole, but not terribly.

I agree...right now Faux cold is the order of the day....

However, you still haven't explained or given evidence to backup this so called "rest of winter will be mild" argument, you said you were a scientist, so be a little bit more scientific about it. None of the top forecasters on here would write off 2 weeks ahead for cold nevermind the next 6 weeks. I bid you good luck in Canada though, be sure to keep us updated with how you are keeping.

-0.7c here at the minute, was -1.6c about 20 minutes ago, but some high cloud seems to be around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

clear and frosty.temp at -2.9c

My lowest temp so far this month is -3.9c earlier in the month,i should beat that tonight.

Posted

Well guys how are you all doing? I have had a bit of a break from the forum as it was becoming a bit of an addiction! The frost hasn't lifted all day here in Derry and its bitter cold out! Kimmirut i couldn't help but notice your location and height! What a load of dogs crap!! I remember at the start of winter when you were posting as Frosty you told us that you lived on the main road on the way into Coleraine! Nowhere in that area except the Coleraine mountain is 120m or above!! Why can't you just tell the truth and be like everyone else on the forum? You really are annoying and thats one of the reasons i haven't been on here in a while! Does this look hilly to you?? Definately not!!

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Macosquin,+Coleraine,+County+Londonderry,+United+Kingdom&t=h&ll=55.09998,-6.70681&spn=0.109216,0.342636&z=12

Oh and heres another one to state that you are at 73m and not 120m so where you getting your info? Suppose you made it up just like all the nonsense posts you make on here!

http://www.earthtools.org/index.php?x=-6.7166667&y=55.1&z=12&t=4&m=ContourMap

Edited by ronan

Posted

Current conditions:

Temperature: -7.2c

Humidity: 80 percent

Wind: none

Weather: clear

Cloud cover: none

Good night here got to -7 as you can see there is frost everywhere but no fog I never seem to get fog

Edited by kimmirut

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

a very cold,very frosty roscommon this morning with dense freezing fog. current outside temp -5.9c.

overnight low of -6.8c.

to me this is quite a noticeable little cold spell again, no snow I know, but cold isnt just snow.

sub-zero temps and severe frosts and ice are an issue here again.

Posted

Backtrack, with respect, you don't live in Ireland, so butt out and stop being a pain.

Kimmirut, or should I say Frostyjoe...you haven't changed have you.

No Osbourne indeed he hasn't !!

Folks if you don't want to read Frosty's posts then don't - it will save you raising your "suds" levels :whistling:

Back to the weather nice dry clear and frosty, just how I like it

Posted

overnight low here of -6.6c and currently -5.8c. so as SF10 says quite a potent little cold snap, not to be sniffed at unless u have the cold.

Posted

Another cold, and very frosty morning. Currently -3.9c, overnight low of -4.9c. Frost didn't lift all day in the shade yesterday and looks as though today may be colder.