Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Winter/Spring Weather Discussion Part 6

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Reports are coming in that it reached absolute zero in Coleraine last night. No indication whether they're referring to the temperature or something else though.

AH NOW I GET IT.

Haha. :p

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

I don't get it.

Either do I ..

Still -4c here and sunny another ice day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Reports are coming in that it reached absolute zero in Coleraine last night. No indication whether they're referring to the temperature or something else though.

Ahahaha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

−273.15°C?????

not even scientists can reach that temperature.

Frosty, are you still alive to report, or are you.....FROSTY! :whistling:

Posted

-2c sunny with no wind I think we will get an ice day today again... incase yous all don't believe me heres one down the road from me. http://weather.weatherbug.co.uk/United%20Kingdom/Coleraine-weather.html?zcode=z6286

Edited by kimmirut

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Cold ,clear day,frost still in the shade. Last nights low -3.9c

Current temp 1.2c

Posted

-2c sunny with no wind I think we will get an ice day today again

At Ballykelly at 1pm it was 1.5º and at Ballypatrick it was 3.4º. Your little microclimate is incredible, and I mean that literally. Why not take a picture of your thermometer with your iPhone? It would be good to see where it's located.

Does anyone have a link to amateur weather stations in Northern Ireland? I don't know much about the climate over there, but imagine it's not too dissimilar to here in Cumbria?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

At Ballykelly at 1pm it was 1.5º and at Ballypatrick it was 3.4º. Your little microclimate is incredible, and I mean that literally. Why not take a picture of your thermometer with your iPhone? It would be good to see where it's located.

Does anyone have a link to amateur weather stations in Northern Ireland? I don't know much about the climate over there, but imagine it's not too dissimilar to here in Cumbria?

OON, it's not exactly what you were after, but you can click on some of the locations (it's from weatheronline) and it will reveal a few sub zero temperatures about the uk today.

post-7183-0-67331600-1295534660_thumb.jp

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Thank you - that's great! Looks like Carlisle must be foggy because it's struggled up to 1.5º this afternoon. I could go and check, but that would mean going to Carlisle and I'm depressed enough as it is. do you have a link for that so I can check it now and then?

Where would you place that -3º that's showing in Northern Ireland? Looks quite inland to me.

EDIT: Just realised - you're in Berkshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Where would you place that -3º that's showing in Northern Ireland? Looks quite inland to me.

Portglenone, Castlederg and St. Angelo are all showing as sub-freezing in Northern Ireland according to WeatherOnline.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Max temp today 3.2c,temps falling back now,current temp 1.9c

Posted

Magic i found one this one is like down the road from me and it is -2.4c i think its about 2 miles from me its temp is actually lower than mines so theres one for you! http://weather.weath...tml?zcode=z6286 You all can't say i'm lying now.

Edited by kimmirut

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

temp briefly got up to a balmy 1.0c. on its way down again. current outside temp 0.3c.

dense fog lifted to low cloud this morning and then burnt of in the afternoon, now we have a beautiful sunset with dazzling blue skies, cold though. :cold:

Posted

Here is an update on todays conditions.

Max Temp: -1.1c.

Min Temp: -7.4c.

Current Temp: -2.6c and dropping fastly.

Wind: None.

Weather: Sunny but fog encroaching me only 3 fields away now..... you can see it on sat24

Cloud Cover: None.

Looks like a foggy night tonight and another ice day tomorrow.

EDIT: Fog has encroached on me and its VERY thick temp dropping like a rocket now -3.1c!

Edited by kimmirut

Posted

well were back in sub-zero land again in roscommon. temp rose above freezing at 12:45hrs, so 4hrs of temps above sub-zero and by the looks of things possibly another 16-20hrs of sub zero temps. a lot of frost persisted today especially in the shade, a lot of ice around too.could be problems with pipes and water again. :(

-0.2c and falling fast. :cold:

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted

Another wee update fog has arrived even thicker now getting thicker as the night goes on now exactly -5c with no wind so should be a steady drop.

Posted

Cold ,clear and frosty,current temp -1.4c

Posted

outside temp was -2.3c but has jumped up to -1.6c with dense fog pushing in.

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

The station near where Frostyjoe lives has jumped up by 1C.

He won't be happy. :rofl:

Edited by Backtrack