Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Late Winter/early Spring Discussion Part 21

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Thought it was time for a new thread, and who knows maybe the last cold spell discussion thread before we move into spring?.....

Anyhoos, despite what the doomsayers might say, there's still plenty of time left for wintry weather this winter, so, on we plough into thread number 21.....:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Thought it was time for a new thread, and who knows maybe the last cold spell discussion thread before we move into spring?.....

Anyhoos, despite what the doomsayers might say, there's still plenty of time left for wintry weather this winter, so, on we plough into thread number 21.....:)

*jumps into shiny new snowless thread* :whistling: Hi AJ :)

Not a sign of precipitation here today - currently 5.0oC, bright and sunny out, moderate breeze. Maybe a nice day before we are hit by wind and rain? Netweather is forecasting rain for Fri-Sat-Sun for my area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

+YAAAAWN+ *blows dust off keyboard* I miss being on the thread! But there is no point in me writing when there is no weather out to write about! I would just whinge and moan more than usual hahaha!! But alas, a Low cometh forth. i have given up on the Snow dream AAAGES ago, and look forward to spring now. This Atlantic Low coming in will give some windy weather which I love. If I cant get any snow, then let it storm!!!! I hope this year we get more than 2 storms and a freak rumble here and there... :rolleyes:

Its just gone really overcast and gloomy out in the past 1/2 hour here. Wind hasnt picked up yet, but I hope it does soon. Ive made a huge fort in my front room while my other half is working away. :clap:

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

I've just been reading what that nice :whistling: Mr Bastartdi, the other side of the pond says and he does not foresee any cold for this part of world for the next fortnight, possibly the next month by then the chances will be starting to get remote, though there is just a chance that winter might have a last sting or two in its tail, though I doubt it would be long lived.

In that case, if we are not to have an meaningful snow :cold: i.e. that nice powdery stuff which blows in the wind, making beautiful drifts, then we might just as well fast forward to some nice springlike weather with blue skies, sunshine and the tweeting of the birds, have a really nice summer and look forward to see what next winter brings :smiliz58: . La nina is expected to be back by then, so I wonder what difference this will make?

Edited by mike Meehan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Mild today if rather cloudy. Alot of Heavy rain up North right now but as usual very little for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

We seem to have become acustomed to just Mild mush now so that any cold charts appear wrong. Im saying nothing about the potential Scandi High on the charts as theres loads of time for this to bugger up in which knowing our luck it probably will. :lol:

I hope we see more snow this winter but as ive already said, i dont mind if it doesnt. :)

Posted

Anyone who says its not exciting weather right now needs to have a good listen outside...

..WHOOOOSSSSH!

When was the last time we heard a night like this?

Posted

It's a shame that you can't really feel how mild it is here, due to the wind making it feel rather chilly. At least we have something a bit more exciting going on though!

Posted

Thats the High Winds box ticked for this winter.

Just thunder left now!

Posted

Very windy out there now as you say Gord. :)

Posted

Any potential Easterly on the charts has rapidly vanished. While a Scandi high may develop the Atlantic looks like it will have too much energy and keep us mild/cool.

Again, what a rubbish second half to winter so far.

Back to now and some very strong winds still. A person in Stourton near here died last night as a tree fell on their car due to Gales.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

There should be weather warnings out in our area, we've loads of damage, there's a fallen tree in the cemetary behing our house, fence panels down in our garden and at work we've lost a huge polytunnel 25ft wide by 100 feet long!!!

This is probably the worse gale we've had here in ten years!!!!

Posted

Last night was definitely the windiest ive seen for a good few years id say, especially as here always seems more sheltered than elsewhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Any potential Easterly on the charts has rapidly vanished. While a Scandi high may develop the Atlantic looks like it will have too much energy and keep us mild/cool.

Again, what a rubbish second half to winter so far.

Back to now and some very strong winds still. A person in Stourton near here died last night as a tree fell on their car due to Gales.

typical february then, no cold, early spring again, generally the windier it is the milder it is, 12.5C today, I did wonder if the snow on 7th Jan was the last of the winter, hopefully more in Nov/Dec 2011

Posted

The tree behind where we live fell right across the main cemetary footpath just before it got dark, if that doesn't merit a weather warning I don't know what does, in fact I'm gonna send them an E-mail!

fallentreeincemetary007.jpg

fallentreeincemetary005.jpg

fallentreeincemetary002.jpg

Posted

Do so CH as we can expect strong Gale force gusts for ALL of tomorrow and perhaps the Early and later part of Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I think we will get the warmest february of all time, really do think winter is done now, 11.3C last night, cant believe ive guessed a very low 5.9C feb CET

I always think winter is from 15th Nov-15th Jan

at least now today to monday look mainly dry, GFS suggested the 3 days mainly dry with the rain oop norf! meto and bbc had front too far south

Edited by snow? norfolk n chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

not a very pleasant day out there today....The rain's started in the last half hour and the winds are picking up...pretty miserable I'm afraid....Should stay dry to the south of the region though

Posted

As Aj says will stay dry for us, very unlikely the rain will reach here however we will see the strongest winds for longer now. It looks like the winds could pick up further for a time tomorrow evening too.

Posted

Still not looking good for any return to cold anytime soon.

But at least we're having something different now. Although by mid-week I know I'll be starting to get fed up of it!

I refuse to give up on a return to cold when its still only the 5th of February. Every year I hold up hope in seeing something in the models until late March at the earliest. Granted cold spells can become very short lived by then..but no less exciting. In fact in some cases...they can be very dramatic indeed that late on.

Hopefully we'll see some sun this week inbetween the rain. I do love a really windy, mild but totally clear day at this time of year. They're quite surreal!

Edited by Gord

Posted

Well the 06z GFS is tastier than your full English breakfast and Sunday roast but the chances of it coming off...

...i say no more. Lol.

Who knows, some interest in colder weather returning on the models. However it is in FI for now. The Atlantic slowing down however seems very likely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold cold cold!!

at long last a decent run on the gfs..i know it is still long way off but if the 06z were to come off then the mids will well and truely be back in the freezer :clap: :clap: :clap:

the wind really is starting to pick up here now in worcester, got home from golf just in the nick of time..!!

lets all have positive thoughts from now on please and wish winter a belated and more than welcome return..!!!:cold: :cold: :cold:

Posted

I shall certainly remember the last few days for the sustainability of the wind. Of course with a few quieter spells that were very brief on the whole its remained rather windy since Thursday evening and wont properly die down until tomorrow evening. If anything winds could get quite strong briefly again tomorrow morning.

Posted

I shall certainly remember the last few days for the sustainability of the wind. Of course with a few quieter spells that were very brief on the whole its remained rather windy since Thursday evening and wont properly die down until tomorrow evening. If anything winds could get quite strong briefly again tomorrow morning.

...and the little amount of rain too. The dry theme continues for here in 2011 despite the Atlantic dominating our weather over the past few days.

Edited by Gord