Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Late Winter/early Spring Discussion Part 21

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

...and the little amount of rain too. The dry theme continues for here in 2011 despite the Atlantic dominating our weather over the past few days.

Yep, Rain is never our speciality here is it. But thats not a bad thing! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Certainly been very windy in Malvern for the past few days, but temperatures holding up around the 8-10oC mark. It 'sounds' more like winter, although there's no rain to go with it.

Posted

Very windy again here, branches down and bins blown over yet it's brighter now than it's been for days.

Despite relatively little rain, the Severn has really risen in the last few days and has now burst its banks in town- must have been some pretty heavy rain in Wales recently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Yes Summer,

had similar today....Just spent 15 mins collecting my wheelie bin... found it 200 yds down the road.

I do not hold a driving licecnce for wheelie bin and the drive home took me ages as kept stopping to pick up all the bins of the road.

I stll do noe know which was my newspaper or plastics box as there are about 25 piled up around a tree!!

It is just starting to calm down now and the sun is appearing. Still fairly mild though at about 11C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Gale force gusts at Lunchtime. Very strong for a time with a howling noise through the windows at school etc. All calm now.

Posted

Just started raining; thought it was supposed to be dry and clear tonight????

Looks like a rogue shower has made it through the Chesire Gap, will make things very icy in the morning im guessing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yep, quite a heavy shower here....Just popped outside as the NW radar overlay showed the PPN as sleet, looks like rain though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just started raining; thought it was supposed to be dry and clear tonight????

no the damn cheshire gap, what a pain it is, hopefully dry tomorrow

Posted

The shower just clipped here, looked a little sleety in nature but i could be wrong.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

I was surprised at how cold it was this morning, 0.8oC when I checked at around 7 am. Saw frost on the car roofs outside. Even at 2.30 pm there was still frost lying on the grass on the northern side of the Malverns when I went for a walk. But a lovely day, could even feel some warmth out of the sun.

Posted

A lovely day today. Seems to be a little warmth in the sun now. :D

Posted

Snow at the start of next week anyone?!

Very unlikely now, the atlantic typically has woken up at the wrong time as usual, always the way.

Posted

Lmao, any cold weather coming up has completely gone this morning. Of course we were sensible enough in here never to get excited and we knew really what would happen. :D

This second half of winter has been the most boring ive ever known imo- total rubbish since Christmas.

Im fed up of reading the bickering in the Model thread. Its full of people hope casting, bias and people just there to get a reaction.

Im going to join in and say that winter is over and if anything ended about 9 days just after it officially began! :lol: The pre 2007/8 winters seem to be back.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Lmao, any cold weather coming up has completely gone this morning. Of course we were sensible enough in here never to get excited and we knew really what would happen. :D

This second half of winter has been the most boring ive ever known imo- total rubbish since Christmas.

Im fed up of reading the bickering in the Model thread. Its full of people hope casting, bias and people just there to get a reaction.

Im going to join in and say that winter is over and if anything ended about 9 days just after it officially began! :lol: The pre 2007/8 winters seem to be back.

Always same really, winter is really around 25th Nov to 15th Jan, we actually had a decent winter. Xmas day was my coldest at -5.1C max, My view is that february is not a winter month, got up to 12.7C yesterday in strong sun radiation lifting temp as in summer effect, 9 days after it begun? was way better than that, 9 days would be 9th Dec, yeah got less cold then but cold again on 16th,

id say winter ended on 9th January

Edited by snow? norfolk n chance

Posted

Always same really, winter is really around 25th Nov to 15th Jan, we actually had a decent winter. Xmas day was my coldest at -5.1C max, My view is that february is not a winter month, got up to 12.7C yesterday in strong sun radiation lifting temp as in summer effect, 9 days after it begun? was way better than that, 9 days would be 9th Dec, yeah got less cold then but cold again on 16th,

id say winter ended on 9th January

We've had very little 'weather' since 9th January, for sure... not even any good winter storms. I'm sure rainfall must be below average in this area, I don't recall any really good downpours for months. And I'd remember because we have a dodgy roof!

It's gone back to being grey, a bit damp and feeling mild, 8.5oC currently. I take it that you aren't a Piers Corbyn 'the Ice Age is upon us' believer! :cold:

I think we humans have far too much time to sit and think about climate, now we don't have to go out and hunt for our dinners - and so we come up with all kinds of theories about what apocalyptic doom we imagine might be on the horizon. When in fact it's just another dull, grey day! :lol:

Posted

Winds have not been from the SW this week,but SSE

The atlantic is stalling noticing this week and today,colder E/NE wind.

And we have this.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1021.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1087.png

There will be some snow next week.

Posted

It has been a really boring February so far, only one frost and lots of cloud windy mild rubbish but little rain (you wouldn't believe it looking at the Severn though!). To be honest January wasn't that bad a winter month when you look at it- sub 4C CET, plenty of frost, not much Atlantic stuff (except around the 12-16th) and a day of lying snow; it would have passed for a semi-decent January pre-2009. The only letdown was the lack of snow after the 7th.

This February is starting to remind me of Feb 1997 in a big way- that month was almost constantly windy, mild and westerly/southwesterly; without being especially wet; and it let down what had been a pretty decent winter. On the other hand there's always the memory of Feb 2004 to cling top; ridiculously mild in the first half than a much more seasonal second half.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

And we have this.

http://www.wetterzen...s/Rtavn1021.png

http://www.wetterzen...s/Rtavn1087.png

Colder? 9-11c widely across the West Midlands currently, and here in west Wales the mildest day of the month so far, max 11.5c.

Hill snow a possibility, but I doubt it for most of Wales or the MIdlands the way things are going,a cold start to the week though is likely.

Posted

And we have this.

http://www.wetterzen...s/Rtavn1021.png

http://www.wetterzen...s/Rtavn1087.png

Hmmm. That might just lead to a repeat of NEly's bringing in snow showers for the NE of the UK, and we in the Midlands miss out again. Not pinning my hopes on that one. 8)

Posted

My view is that february is not a winter month, got up to 12.7C yesterday in strong sun radiation lifting temp as in summer effect,

Last year gave a dusting of snow on this day,2 years ago gave 5inches.

2008 was much milder at 9.4c

2007 on this day gave 12inches all this day in february.

Last may gave 10 days colder than 12.7c here.

Light east wind today 6.5c at least that gale force SW wind has gone we had 4 days last week.

Last saturday was the worst day of the winter IMO with gales and rain all day.

Posted

max today 13.3C , as expected as happens every winter, the mildest day is in february, another springlike day tomorrow, had a feeling back then that my last snow of winter would be 07th Jan

ECMWF puts in another silly 'error' run, the 00Z was more realistic with SW winds and mild air

Edited by snow? norfolk n chance

Posted

Mildest day here was Jan at 10.4c this month 10.3c last week.

Last year 7.7c in the coldest January since 1987,feb 7.5c was the highest max the coldest feb since 1996.

And winter 2009-10 the mildest day was december at 9.2c and that was the lowest mildest max I`ve recorded in any winter from 1990....

2005-06 was the 2nd at 1 day at 10c.

10.4c so far.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Another rather dreary day today, mild, but monotonously dull.....I notice the ECM's thrown a wobbler thus sending the model thread into meltdown for the Coldies, but for me, it would take far more than one run to give me any excitement of a wintry spell, but never say never I guess?