Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Late Winter/early Spring Discussion Part 21

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Convective shower number one has just rolled through, giving some hail, looks quite promising to the SW of the region, an interesting afternoon beckons

Posted

Very modern looking charts today, could see surface temps of 15c later this month.

The winter ending in truly abysmal style for cold-weather fans. Even in a warming climate you get cooler winters so perhaps for a couple of years we had a blip, and from now on it's back to modern winters. I hope not...

Posted

Cat & Fiddle looks quite wintry!

http://www.maccinfo.com/cat/

Ian

Keele University : Weather Data

Lat. 52° 59' 55 N Long. 2° 16' 05 W :

OS Grid Ref : SJ 820447; Alt. 179m (587ft) O.D.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Some really wintry looking skies to my North-West, with the colour of the clouds taking on a dark yellow appearance, which probably means it's snowing/hailing from that shower just to my North-West. :o:D

Temperature here around 7/8*C with gentle South-South-Westerly wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A heavy shower just passed through looking very convective like on its back edge thus im impressed for February. It was rain but did have some melted hail in it i think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

typical early spring day, the strong sun setting off convection, had hail as well, 12Z not too bad looks mainly dry especially for half term week, maybe time to get summer clothes out,

get horrid wet tomorrow out the way, then mainly dry except saturday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think summer clothes in terms of shorts etc might be a bit extreme to say but i for one hope the GFS mild comes off. Would be great to feel the first 16/17c again and so early on too even if it is rather dull at times. :D

Posted

If the GFS is right then we could have temps as high as 15/16c as early as Next Tuesday. Weve gone without snow for so long now i dont want it back till next year now. Very much liking the idea of the first 60f or coming very close to it soon hopefully though it probably wont end up that way. :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Id be mortified on having any bartlett esque setup at this time of year, id much rather get the deluges out the way now as theres just no way this long spell of below average rainfall here will last into the summer at this rate if high pressure hangs around for weeks on end now.

Though then again every month without fail has seen below average sunshine since July here so theres always hope things will change for the better come April.

Posted

Just because theres High pressure in Winter doesnt mean it wont be influential in Summer. The weather isnt a "stock" in which there is certain amounts at certain times. The weather will do what it wants at the end of the day. Any early forecasts ive seen for the summer dont point to an amazing summer but i dont see anything yet of a bad summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Just to say we had hail yesterday afternoon/early evening which was the first wintriness I have seen in a long while. Feels very chilly today though, cold rain and a biting wind so not nice at all.

Posted

Rather chilly day with light rain of the day. Quite an ugly day. Hopefully next week will become milder to make any wetter days more bearable as i hate cold rain. I really cant see any more cold for now. :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Rather chilly day with light rain of the day. Quite an ugly day. Hopefully next week will become milder to make any wetter days more bearable as i hate cold rain. I really cant see any more cold for now. :D

Yeah think I said back then that the last snow would be on 7th Jan, definitely gets warmer mid Jan onwards, even if it was to snow now, such strong sun, lifts temps as in sunmmer effect, snow would all go by 10am

I never rate mid Jan onwards as good winter, best always mid nov to mid Jan, max effect of low sun

Posted

It would depend on how much fell tbh. A good few cm wouldnt melt by 10am at this time imo. The UV Index isnt above 1 yet. Very late/Early March is when the sun really starts to gain strength quickly. However i dont want snow now. Weve gone so long without it lately i couldnt care less if it doesnt come back or not especially as December was amazing. Wonder when i will see 20cm plus in this location again (especially in only 1 day)!!!

Posted

But as I've said before..a stronger sun and a late winter/early spring cold blast can bring a different kind of excitement.

Would be great of Spring's first convective spell clashed with winter's last cold spell!

Never mind lying snow....I would love a few wintry squalls through March! (As we almost got yesterday afternoon!)

Edited by Gord

Posted

Indeed i wouldnt mind a dash of that interspersed by warm sunny spells. :)

Posted

Indeed i wouldnt mind a dash of that interspersed by warm sunny spells. :)

...which in turn would help to make the next shower more violent of course!

Edited by Gord

Posted

...which in turn would help to make the next shower more violent of course!

Indeed, its like a woodburner wont start without any wood. (Unless your nuts and put something else in it) :lol:

Posted

Lovely frost here this morning, with some nice mist to complement the effect. Extremely pleasant.

Posted

at least should have 3 dry days coming up, before the usual sunday rain, washout for 20th Feb, advisories from meto soon I feel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

An absolutley beautiful day today, with wall to wall sunshine...A cold start, I've had to scrape the ice off the windscreen, but hopefully should feel really pleasant in the sun later on :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

An absolutley beautiful day today, with wall to wall sunshine...A cold start, I've had to scrape the ice off the windscreen, but hopefully should feel really pleasant in the sun later on :)

Nice! Looking hopeful here in Malvern too. Yesterday was just rain, rain, rain! Today it's mainly blue sky, could see fog lying in the valleys below a couple of hours ago but that appears to have lifted now. With any luck the sun should appear round this side of the hills in a couple of hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Nice! Looking hopeful here in Malvern too. Yesterday was just rain, rain, rain! Today it's mainly blue sky, could see fog lying in the valleys below a couple of hours ago but that appears to have lifted now. With any luck the sun should appear round this side of the hills in a couple of hours.

So much for that sunny afternoon I was anticipating... it has gotten cloudy and there are only odd patches where the sun almost breaks through. :(