Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Late Winter/early Spring Discussion Part 21

A.J

Posted

http://www.flashbarstores.co.uk/

http://www.maccinfo.com/cat/

Cat & Fiddle and Flash covered in snow again...

Ian

Keele University : Weather Data

Lat. 52° 59' 55 N Long. 2° 16' 05 W :

OS Grid Ref : SJ 820447; Alt. 179m (587ft) O.D.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Should be spring from wednesday, think thursday though the only dry day this week, next week looks like high pressure may build, at least make things drier

Sunday 27th Feb could be a complete washout, very unpleasant, models wont pick it up, but the Cheshire Gap effect could make sunday very wet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

5th consecutive day with zero sun; getting very tedious now. Cloudy, grey, damp, chilly but not cold- vile! Either snow or clear off please.

totally agree....it's been benign, banal, boring, and another word beginning with 'B' that won't get past the swear filter!.....:lol:

I agree with Mark, possible cheshire gap effect could make things cruddy north of Brum on sunday........Talking of which, unlike most winters, I can't recall a single cheshire gap snow streamer this winter?

Posted

totally agree....it's been benign, banal, boring, and another word beginning with 'B' that won't get past the swear filter!.....:lol:

I agree with Mark, possible cheshire gap effect could make things cruddy north of Brum on sunday........Talking of which, unlike most winters, I can't recall a single cheshire gap snow streamer this winter?

Friday Dec 17th early morning was a Cheshire Gap one I think; gave a good 5cm here though very little just 5-10 miles west.

Will Sunday's potential event be wintry, or just more cold rain? Fast heading for the first February in 11 years without a single flake of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Friday Dec 17th early morning was a Cheshire Gap one I think; gave a good 5cm here though very little just 5-10 miles west.

Will Sunday's potential event be wintry, or just more cold rain? Fast heading for the first February in 11 years without a single flake of snow.

Your absolutely correct!.....I was having an IMBYism moment...lol

regarding sunday, going soley on GFS output, we'll have frontal rain overnight saturday into the early hours of sunday morning, anything following on sunday morning on the forecasted north westerly flow will be plain old rain, more likely in the form of showers, uppers are condusive, but dew points are the wrong side of marginal....Showers will peter out during the day as high pressure builds to the west

Posted

Wow a whole 20 minutes or so of sunshine this morning, albeit hazy and intermittent. Then rain, rain, rain again... just stopped in last 10 minutes.

So if Sunday is just more horrible cold rain (would expect a bit of sleet at least from a NW'ly this time of year) it's looking like a snowless Feb- not just that, I can only remember 2 air frosts this month, and they were only slight (-1C and frost gone by 10am). One of the least wintry winter months I can remember!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Interesting that the NAE (and thus the BBC and Meto) predict only about 11c max tomorrow yet GFS and NAE want upto about 15c with the 06z NAE going for a 16c with the West Midlands the warmest region on both models tomorrow.

I hope the GFS and NMM are right but i have my doubts as we can expect heavy rain tomorrow. However if the GFS and NMM are right, could the West Midlands be the first region of the year to scrape the 60f barrier this year???

Sadly, i think its unlikely tomorrow.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

complete washout tomorrow, rain never seems to arrive at night, GFS 12Z got sunday wrong, ECMWF more realistic to keep the possibility of a wet sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A fairly wet start here but should begin clearing soon. Tomorrow could turn out into a very nice day with temperatures between 12-14c and it will be interesting if anywhere gets 15/16c. :D

Posted

Indeed, thinking of taking the dog down to Burnham beach tomorrow. Never been before. It's supposed to be one of our easiest to get to bits of coastline. (I normally go to the Welsh coasts or up to Crosby beach near Liverpool).

High pressure and cooler conditions back in charge next week. I just hope that the high positions itself so we can tap into clear air and not the constant clag that ruined most of January.

Posted

Indeed, im fed up of all this cold, dank cloudy weather. This has seriously been the most "boring" second half to winter ive ever known. It really does feel like the even larger teapot is back but as i said before, even they contained cold spells! Maybe weve now gone one step worse. Lol.

Posted

Thankgoodness tommorow is looking a bit better, today is the 7th, yes 7th! day in a row to thus far have 0 hours of sunshine.

Posted

The sun is now peeking through here and a temperature now up to 12.2c. :D

Posted

The sun is now peeking through here and a temperature now up to 12.2c. :D

Still no sun here, it's sill murky, damp & feeling cool/chilly, but tomorrow looks at lot more promising!

Posted

Yet again here 0 minutes of sunshine, i swear Shropshire is going to join Ben Nevis as the dullest place in the UK soon :lol:

Posted

It didnt last that long here but at least we got some with a top temp of 12.7c. :D

Shropshire and Staffordshire really needs to start making friends with the sun i think. :lol:

Posted

First time of the year the Met Office have used this...pleasantly warm sunshine. :D

A healthy 13c here. :D

Posted

:lol: now that really is just rather bad.

Seen a bee this morning too. :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

:lol: now that really is just rather bad.

Seen a bee this morning too. :D

Saw both a bee and a butterfly today, unless my eyes are deceiving me :blink: Just browsing the charts though and some tasty cold is being projected for early next month, if it verifies (a big if) it could be abit of a shock to those creatures that prematurely come out of there winter slumber. It would be sods law though, zilch in terms of snow and cold since new year then a bitter cold spell just as everyone gets that spring feeling.

Posted

definite signs of spring/summer 2011, 1st ice cream van of season going around wildwood, also fella cutting lawn, surprisingly though not my warmest day of year, warmest day still 11th Feb, no way february should be classed as a winter month

Posted

surprisingly though not my warmest day of year, warmest day still 11th Feb,

Blimey what did you get on that day? Reached about 15c today i think here and boy did it feel very pleasant today. :D

Posted

Blimey what did you get on that day? Reached about 15c today i think here and boy did it feel very pleasant today. :D

got 13.5C that day, 13.1C today, been 12 double figure days this feb