Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rethinking Mainstream Cosmology

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I think it's really quite sad: that so many otherwise intelligent peeps are dragged half-believing into various worlds of fantasy and pseudosciencific hogwash...

If only everyone understood the basics... :wallbash:

Posted

I think it's really quite sad: that so many otherwise intelligent peeps are dragged half-believing into various worlds of fantasy and pseudosciencific hogwash...

What a profoundly arrogant and ignorant statement.

:angry:

Posted

What a profoundly arrogant and ignorant statement.

:angry:

You should know, my friend???

Is there such a thing as Anarchist Science??

Another 'paradigm shift', is it??

Posted
Is there such a thing as Anarchist Science??

From the comments you've made i would say yes. Your first comment implies there is nothing else to know or learn, we have all the answers.

Why not politely explain these basics which are leading people to the said misunderstanding rather than write an insulting statement.

Anarchism is promoting lawlessness, are we not looking for the laws of nature in this discussion or have we already discovered everything??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I'm sorry Pete but a little while back 'those in the know' had to be dragged (kicking and screaming) into the true nature of aurora's (due to us being able to 'measure' them via satellite).

I respect your 'beliefs' but is it right for you (or others?) to promote those 'beliefs' over other folks (esp. if they are truely mere beliefs and not scientific facts)?

There are many areas of nature that have not been 'measured' because we either do not know what/how to 'measure' them or do not turn our minds to devise ways to 'measure them' being content (closed?) with what we already 'know'.

Without 'measurement' we have no empirical data to either prove nor disprove such notions exist and so merely choose to 'believe' that such things do not exist.

Is this sound of us?

Posted

I'm sorry Pete but a little while back 'those in the know' had to be dragged (kicking and screaming) into the true nature of aurora's (due to us being able to 'measure' them via satellite).

I respect your 'beliefs' but is it right for you (or others?) to promote those 'beliefs' over other folks (esp. if they are truely mere beliefs and not scientific facts)?

There are many areas of nature that have not been 'measured' because we either do not know what/how to 'measure' them or do not turn our minds to devise ways to 'measure them' being content (closed?) with what we already 'know'.

Without 'measurement' we have no empirical data to either prove nor disprove such notions exist and so merely choose to 'believe' that such things do not exist.

Is this sound of us?

I absolutely agree with you, Ian; I believe in everybody's right to air their views. But also in everybody else's right to dispute said views...As an example: just because I accept that Nick Griffin has a right to speak his 'mind', it doesn't follow that what he says is necessarily true, and that I have no right of reply...Does that make any sense?? :D

From the comments you've made i would say yes. Your first comment implies there is nothing else to know or learn, we have all the answers.

Why not politely explain these basics which are leading people to the said misunderstanding rather than write an insulting statement.

Anarchism is promoting lawlessness, are we not looking for the laws of nature in this discussion or have we already discovered everything??

Not really, Mes. All I'm saying is that there are some quite well established methods for getting closer to the truth; that Danikenesque anecdotal claims about the 'wisdom of the ancients' don't really cut it with me.

If I thought that we already know it all, I'd jump of the nearest bridge! :help:

PS: I talk as one who once spent an entire day trying to construct a scaled-down replica of an Egyption pyramid, in the vain hope that it'd sharpen my razor blades... :help:

Posted

And so, due to the usual condescending and arrogant remarks which usually ensue in these types of debate, an interesting subject which may hold part of the truth is or will be ridiculed into obscurity only to be resurrected sometime later as a "break through" by a scientist who will be much celebrated with all bells and whistles and the original, and probably "non professional" will be left in the past with no recognition.

Sometimes it pays to just stop, keep big mouth shut, and look into things with an open mind and not just a 5 minute scan of a paper, or a 5 minute video, cutting through the hype and beyond to what they may or may not have found. Just because it appears way out, on the edge of science, weird and bizarre, cannot be tested, does not mean it is not truth or hold a part of truth missing from other areas of science.

Von Daniken was on the back of the flower power 60/70's, people believed much at that time, but not all theories which cannot be tested, or are so on the edge of science are similar.

About time Daniken was left behind, and people to get over it, the scientific community need to stop acting so snobbish and lordy damn know it alls, progress is very often made by those on the very edge, with what usually turns out to be the weirdest of theories and often by very ordinary people.

Posted

This is for mesocyclone....

You will be FASCINATED with this:-

EDIT - The documentary "Thunderbolts Of The Gods" (concerning plasma cosmology/electric universe) will be shown on the UK's Showcase Channel

(Sky Channel 201, Freesat Channel 403) this Saturday.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
PS: I talk as one who once spent an entire day trying to construct a scaled-down replica of an Egyption pyramid, in the vain hope that it'd sharpen my razor blades... :help:

Lol, I have read about this, not tried it but I've come across two people who have said they tried. One had no joy and the other was an old boy who said he learned it in the army and they used to do it. He said most fail because of the measurements or inaccurate compasses, it must be 100% precise. He mentioned it being suspended at a specific ratio also. I haven't witnessed it though.

This is for mesocyclone....

You will be FASCINATED with this:-

Thank you very much. Most appreciated.

I came across this news article today concerning the recent solar flares causing communication problems in Korea. My mind gravitates towards the ideas put forward about an electrical universe.

My link

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...