Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

March CET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

It looks like it will keep on rising until the very last day. Mins last night were 8-10c in the CET zone and i guess the max will come out around 16c so definately a 0.1 rise after today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

If the maxima today can average close to 16C, we may jump to 6.9C before corrections.

Posted

Id say theres a good chance of that, as today's minima is down as 8.5C. If the mean max today can come out at 15.0C, then we'll be at 6.86C.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Hadley is on 6.7C today (Mar 1 - 30).

Manley meanwhile is running a fraction higher and its stats are

CET: (Mar 1-30): 6.8°C (+0.4 degC)

E&W Rain: (Mar 1-30): 20.3mm ( 29 per cent)

E&W Sun: (Mar 1-30): 147.7hr (136 per cent)

© Philip Eden

Given those figures it could be we won't see much, if any, downward adjustment at month-end.

Assuming that the rainfall statistics are replicated by Hadley, we have just seen the driest March since 1990 or 1961 (1990 had 22.5mm) and the driest month since April 2007.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/hadobs/hadukp/data/ranked_monthly/HadEWP_ranked_mly.txt

Edited by summer blizzard

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

The driest march ever recorded for us unless it rained more this morning than I saw. Temps peaked here at over 15C giving us an average of 6.6C +0.7C. Interesting things about this month gusts us to 66 mph mid month. Higher than anything recorded in winter.

Posted

Any views on this month? Will anyone remember it for anything in particular? Personally I think the warm spell of last week will live long in the memory- I can barely recall a spell of weather in March that felt so 'summery'. The diurnal ranges were quite something in many parts of the country as well. I think many people who don't have a strong interest in the weather will consider this to be a very warm March given how warm some of the afternoons have been and the fact that they've been able to wear t shirts so early in the year. Certainly the second half of the month has seemed very warm but the CET overall doesn't reflect this due to relatively low minima. Can anyone reveal what the statistics are for maxima and minima?

Posted

Any views on this month? Will anyone remember it for anything in particular? Personally I think the warm spell of last week will live long in the memory- I can barely recall a spell of weather in March that felt so 'summery'.

Not really to be honest, on the dry side and pretty sunny. I can recall past March "summery" spells occurring in 1997, 2002 and 2003. I remember the Easters of 1997 and 2002, both at the end of March, both largely sunny and warmish affairs. Infact, I had a BBQ on the Saturday of the Easter of 2002, which was the day the Queen Mother died.

Posted

Any views on this month? Will anyone remember it for anything in particular? Personally I think the warm spell of last week will live long in the memory- I can barely recall a spell of weather in March that felt so 'summery'. The diurnal ranges were quite something in many parts of the country as well. I think many people who don't have a strong interest in the weather will consider this to be a very warm March given how warm some of the afternoons have been and the fact that they've been able to wear t shirts so early in the year. Certainly the second half of the month has seemed very warm but the CET overall doesn't reflect this due to relatively low minima. Can anyone reveal what the statistics are for maxima and minima?

I'll remember last week's warm spell as a kind of March version of the February 1998 one. However I can't help feeling that sunshine has been a little disappointing this month considering how dry and anticyclonic it has been. It may show up as above average, but it certainly hasn't been March 2003. Too many times there's been stubborn cloud blowing in at various times (it's certainly been disappointing for clear nights, for such an anticyclonic month). Also too much haze of various kinds (often aircraft pollution, but also low-level haze) which has dimmed the sun too much. Today, with its strong winds and only scattered cloud, was one of the clearest days this month.

Posted

Not really to be honest, on the dry side and pretty sunny. I can recall past March "summery" spells occurring in 1997, 2002 and 2003. I remember the Easters of 1997 and 2002, both at the end of March, both largely sunny and warmish affairs. Infact, I had a BBQ on the Saturday of the Easter of 2002, which was the day the Queen Mother died.

Not a great fan of the Queen mum then. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Any views on this month? Will anyone remember it for anything in particular? Personally I think the warm spell of last week will live long in the memory-

October 1985 (outside the summer months) is the only warm spell I remember tee shirts at uni etc

Can't see I will 'remember' this fairly average March with some nice sunny days with the odd heavy showers at the end.

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Looks like we got to 6.9C, but corrections have brought it down to 6.7C

Posted

Only 0.3C gap between February and March which is the smallest gap between two adjacent months since July and August 2008 came out the same with 16.2

The last 18 months there has been a distinct temperature gap between adjacent months in some cases over 5C difference.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I probably won't remember this month very well- I'll probably remember it for the remarkable warm sunny interlude when it reached 16-17C on three consecutive days in Norwich from Wednesday to Friday last week. But Marches 2003, and to a lesser extent 1997 and 2002, and also 2009 in Exeter, will always stick out a little bit more.

The first half was pretty forgettable- if anything sunshine was probably a little below average then, as Norwich certainly had a lot of dull dry days.

Posted

Looks like we got to 6.9C, but corrections have brought it down to 6.7C

Damn!!! So close, but not a bad guess.

Edited by Don

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

The figures should be up sometime tomorrow.

As for me 0.1c out, hopefully I should rise up the table a bit.

Was thinking the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the above, your score has now been added and this has resulted in a rise up to 32nd in the Overall stats.

Mar 2011 CET.xls

I double check the scores against the scores list on the sheet, unfortunately in this instance, there was another entry for 6.3c after the end of the month, and your score was missed. My fault entirely.

If there are ever any errors on the scores please let me know and I will correct them.