Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm league tables - updated every Saturday

Posted

You are right there, the further east you are the better tomorrow night, so Southend area could have it's 2nd Severe Storm within 5 days :(:(

Paul Sherman

Posted

You are right there, the further east you are the better tomorrow night, so Southend area could have it's 2nd Severe Storm within 5 days

Pual I might head towards Southend later today(might as well go on my first chase!!!)

I'll see what devolps in coming few hours.

Posted

Weekly and Overall Leagues Updated to 23rd July 2k4.

A very good week as only 2 days had real thundery events being Saturday and Thursday. It was on a par with the thundery outbreak of 2 weeks back with a similar amount of storms reported, very good to see quite a few new members posting also. The top of the overall league is getting really close, something to watch over the next few weeks. This week does not look good :cry: But there may be some thundery stuff towards the end of the week.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Unfortunately due to the site being off-line from tomorrow the Storm Reports for the week ended 30th July 2k4 will be updated on Wednesday 4th August 2k4. This is due to the new server not being ready in time.

Happy Storm Reporting And next week looks Fab IMO :D8)

Paul Sherman

Posted
...... and if I can get away from work(which for the last week i have'nt done much off!!!)

I thought your job was keeping us all up to date with storms, kold? :D

Posted

ok I dont know whether it classed as more than one, but had one this morning in huddersfield, then one in brum, then one in rugby, then back home had the tail end of one in huddersfield again... so that's 4 "visits" for me, although probably count it as3 as the rugby and the 2nd huddersfield one most likely the same storm, but even that isnt garaunteed :D

Posted

Hi you can add another 2 Thunder days to mine 2/8/2004 and 3/8/2004..

i did get two Thunderstorms on Tuesday Though the early morning visit and then the severe storm at 5:05pm..i'm not sure if thats classed as two Thunder days though so therfore its just the two to be added

Thank You.

Andy

Posted

Because the server was down last week, have only just updated the Storms to 30th July for last week, Well done to Katie L for topping that week.

Just seen your reports Thunder and Andy, and yes ut's 3 to you Thunder and 2 for you Andy (Stormguy) collating info as we speak.

Paul Sherman

Posted

cool. paul ou can also add 2 to major tarantino, and also 4 for nabraxas as he was under the same storm as me

Posted
next week is a storm chasers dream.

Seriously considering a chase if anything does come up our way and if I can get away from work(which for the last week i have'nt done much off!!!)

Kold - 4/5 days in advance that was a terrific call by yourself =D> :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The figure for Lancaster appears to be 5 days so far, while for the area just north of Sunderland, the figure also stands at 5.

Posted
next week is a storm chasers dream.

Seriously considering a chase if anything does come up our way and if I can get away from work(which for the last week i have'nt done much off!!!)

Kold - 4/5 days in advance that was a terrific call by yourself =D> :wink:

well thanks Andy bown,that's twice I've done that now!

(predicted storms on the 23rd,a week before and the storms came on the 22nd)

Posted

sorry, have been so engaged with these storms i have forgot to post here. Experienced 3 storms on Tuesday, 2 overhaed and one to the sw of me.

Then on wednesday there was lightning and rumbles of thunder at around 10.30pm.

Finally we have light rain and rumbles of thunder here at the moment!

Hope these can still be added!

Guest Phil_Uk

Storm count for Solihull, Birmingham on 6/8/04......

Monday 2/8/04 : One evening storm.

Tuesday 3/8/04 : One late evening storm.

Thursday 5/8/04 : Two afternoon/evening severe storms.

Think that's it stormwise for the next few days, that said, who knows? :D

Phil.

Posted

Storm League Tables Updated to 6th August 2004.

All i can say is what a week, the best week of the summer by a long shot with 179 reports of storms against the previous best of 67 from 3-9 July'04, but not all areas saw storms last week, notable areas with no storms were East Sussex,Kent,Essex,Cambridgeshire,Norfolk,Linc and North Yorkshire, you can virtually draw a line up the east coast, good to see over 30 new members also. Next week looks just as good as last week so I should be busy again.

Enjoy

Paul Sherman

Posted

Thanks Paul

I was not looking forward to seeing this weeks tables as all the storms bar one have missed me. Hopefully next week will be better but I am not holding my breath though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Lancaste's total extended to 6 days on 5 August, as phoenix from Morecambe Bay reported a notable storm that evening, unusually severe by north-west Lancashire standards.

Posted
Shouldn't number of times thunder heard be changed to number of different storms heard or else I'd have been into the hundreds for last week.

same here...