Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm league tables - updated every Saturday

Posted
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l

Hi ppl. Just had a thunderstorm earlier. started about 6pm, lasted for about an hour, not as good as the one on thursday night, but some decent lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning
:D I had a thunderstorm at 4am this morning :D

Posted

Just to tell you I have got a thunderstorm to my SW that has started a minute ago :-o

Posted

:D had two great storms today :D forcast is for more of the same tomorow fingers legs toes ect crossed.... sorry for the delay in this report but the pc has been playing up, prob due to the weather but hey who cares as long as the storms just keep on coming /

Posted
:) I had a thunderstorm over Hertford at 10.30am and now I have another storm right now to the east of me. :)

Posted

well paul... you can add about 25 flashes and rumbles for me and major tarantino, we got about 4 storms in total and the most impressive was just as we were about to go home... in fact we were almost @ steves house and i said "Let's go there's nothing else" just as i said that there was a great big CG to the right of us.. I quickly turned around the car and went back to a couple of nice spots around rotheram and we were treated to an awesome light show, most of which we got on tape/film etc... in all we got about 3 hours worth of footage and I have to go thru it all 8)

Posted

Storms Leagues Tables Updated to 13th August 2k4. A very busy week, more Reports than last week, beating the 179 from last week. The showers were once again very localised, next week looks very interesting towards the end of the week with more Ex Hurricanes heading our way and also Monday looks very showery in parts.

I have changed the headers on the sheets also as people were getting confused and counting the rumbles instead of the actual storms.

Heres to a not so busy week :lol: :D:D

Paul Sherman

1k Post :D:D:D

Posted

Kold, I drove through one of those downpours you had yesterday, one lane on the A127 was under water but 5 miles down the road was bone dry :shock: :shock: Amazingly localised.

Paul Sherman

Posted
Storms Leagues Tables Updated to 13th August 2k4. A very busy week, more Reports than last week, beating the 179 from last week. The showers were once again very localised, next week looks very interesting towards the end of the week with more Ex Hurricanes heading our way and also Monday looks very showery in parts.

I have changed the headers on the sheets also as people were getting confused and counting the rumbles instead of the actual storms.

Heres to a not so busy week :lol:   :D   :D  

Paul Sherman

1k Post :D   :D   :D

:D:D But unfortunately if that had been the case the storms the other week had 15 mins constant rumbling which was impossible to determine between one rumble and the next :!:

Posted
we had 4 storms in sheffield last week  monday tuesday wednesday+thursday

yea and I chased all of them :D:D

so far i'm up to about 15 rumbles and about 13 local strikes... The biggest one was about 500 yards away taking out the substation.

All in all a very good day

Posted

had a great view the other day... nice 3 storm series. loads of flashes/rumbles and tons of hail and rain

Posted

Weekly and Overall Storm League's Updayed to 20th August 2k4.

Once again an amazing week of Storms, Even beating last weeks 203 Storm's with an amazing 242 & 1 Funnel Cloud in Northern Ireland.

Well done to Chaser in the Channel Islands and the Suffolk Boys with 8 storms. Also Lancs did well along with Essex :lol: And of Course Bromsgrove Again. Nice to see 14 New Members This week also.

Paul Sherman

Also in the last 3 weeks we have had over half of all storms this year :shock: :shock:

Posted

As Paul has mentioned a Funnel Cloud I will take this opportunity to give you an update on the funnel cloud I had heard about whilst out.

After asking Police, Fire, Coastguard and press I can only say that no report was made to any of the normal sources.

In conclusion I think considering the weather at the time it was very possible that there was a funnel cloud but as some of you know I do have some experience of funnel clouds and tornados (I was lucky enough to have seen the Gosport, Pagham Harbour and Selsey tornados here in the UK and experienced tornados in the US and Australia).

I can say before entering and seeing these people in the underpass I stopped and looked at the cloud structure and didn’t see any rotation and on leaving the underpass noted that there was 4/8 Cu con above head and any area of cloud that could produce rotation was in the approaching storm (that was not producing precipitation at that time) at a distance of about 2 miles away.

My original post –

Paul what time was that sat image, at 4pm a major cell lasting about 30 mins passed over Portsmouth with very heavy rain and lots of thunder.  

My wife and I were out on our bikes so we took the opportunity to watch it pass even though we got socked to the skin.  Just before the rain curtain overtook use we passed a group of people in an underpass that were panicking about something, it seamed they had ran to the underpass as they had seen the cloud above them had started to rotate and a funnel had formed. I stopped and asked if they were sure and one woman was adamant although my wife and I did not see anything and we had been looking before entering the underpass.  

Over the next couple of days I will check local news and papers and other contacts to see if any funnels had been reported.

My first update –
Yes I will be interested to see if anything was reported, I wish I had a TORRO tornado report form in my pocket I would have got her to fill it out, I know most of the police officers in Portsmouth, quite a few firemen and council workers and have some contacts in the local paper, local TV and radio so if there was anything reported I should hear something.

I do know that the torrential rain that was associated with the storm caused quite a sever accident on the M275

Posted

yea, I saw a funnel cloud or at least what looked like one, there was rotation within the storm previous to that and in the same area but that was a good hour or so before I saw it. I dont think it was a true FC as I was quite a distance away. I should have it sumwhere on tape so i'll see if i can dig it out. as I say, I doubt it was an FC but you never know.

But as an aside, i'd just like to (on behalf of all of us) thank paul for the sterling forum whoring he does to get these reports collated :lol:

Posted

wow can't believe I'm in 5th :shock:

Still last week helped out alot.

I would like to say a big thank you to Paul S for organising this and for now having 200+ members joining in and giving an idea of just where is the thunderiest place in the U.K is.

(looks like stormguy is going to live up to his name!!!!)